Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1094994 times)

JohnnieK

• Scooter
Reply #7965 on: October 18, 2020, 11:57:49 am
First ride out after I changed the exhaust to original. When I bought the bike it had a straight through cone type exhaust. It made a terrible racket. I managed to get an original one for cheap and I am very happy with the result. Bike is much quieter now and I actually enjoy the ride. I can feel that I lost a few ponies, but totally worth it. Also no more backfire on deceleration.
I took a leisurely ride through the farmlands and enjoyed the late spring weather.

stefano_musica

• Scooter
Reply #7966 on: October 26, 2020, 12:43:23 am
Mine came with some horribly cheap reverse cone muffler that was so loud, but more specifically the pitch had this high "clack clack clack" sound.

I bought a second hand (basically new) muffler from a local trading website, fitted it in the driveway of the seller because the stock one was too big to fit in my backpack. I rode home and instantly within the first few minutes really begun to enjoy my Classic 500. What I also noticed was while top end power was pretty much gone, the low end and mid-rage power was back. So I could actually ride the bike for the way it was designed. I like low end grunt. So for me, this was a plus. Maybe I lost a horsepower or two somewhere, and while that's a bigger percentage compared to modern horsepower figures, the advantage of having low and mid-range grunt back was great. I love that bottom end torque that I can chug along to, and not go deaf in the process.
2010 Classic 500 - 40,000km and keeps thumping
2013 Harley XL1200C

FL260Z

• Neophyte
Reply #7967 on: October 26, 2020, 01:04:27 am
I’m new to this site.
I bought a 2017 Classic 500 today. Changed the oil in it, then rode through central Florida Farm Lands. Best ride ever...

Ove

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7968 on: October 26, 2020, 12:13:48 pm
Fantastic. Enjoy it and welcome. 🙂👍

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #7969 on: October 27, 2020, 04:37:36 am
Glad you're enjoying it!Welcome to the forums! ;D
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

JohnnieK

• Scooter
Reply #7970 on: Today at 07:39:38 am
I did the final part of reverting my C5 to stock. I put in the hose that connects the airbox to the throttle body and put in the stock air filter. PO had a cone air filter on and you could see right through it. The bike has definately lost a lot of power with the air filter. Thinking of getting the Hitchcock performance air filter  https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/accessory-shop/Air-Filter-Replacement-Element/21108 . Has anyone tried it and is it worth it ? Also discovered the toolkit hidden in the ECU box. Could finally change the small spark plug as well.