Author Topic: 500 Tribute Black finally arrived  (Read 163 times)

fressko

• Scooter
on: April 08, 2021, 09:14:05 am
I bought without ever even firing up an Enfield. I once sat in a dealership on one for like 20 seconds. It is my first bike bought brand new. I have had various motorcycles, from 1950's thumpers to beastly gsxrs
Some first impressions:
Vibrates far less than expected.
It is very quiet with the stock exhaust.
There is an audible tub tub tub when you are at the back of the bike, which is nice.
Diminutive, looks and feels like a piece of jewelry. Also, looks like it might be coming straight out of a 60's dealership.
I have yet to discover how to tilt the mirrors up down.
There is water dripping out of the exhaust. See? Very environmentally friendly :)
Left hand box was hard to lock (until you get the spiel).
The contact was rotating together with the keys. There was a black locknut that needed some manual tightening.
There is a strange mix of finesse & shodiness, of old and new.
Smelled like first time firing up a frying pan :)
Came with: 2 keys, an owners manual, 2 canvas sidebags inside of which there were 2 belts that I have no idea what they are for.
It definitely is sweet and unintimidating.
I think this bike is the very essence of motorcycling.
I am glad I bought this new, before electric and ever tighter regulations snuff the life out of ICE.
I love the tappet sound. I specifically wanted this particular model to get a pushrod engine. This bike is mostly METAL.
Had some concerns about the all black scheme but "in person", with that gold & the few hand painted details, looks absolutely precious.
Have just been riding it on private grounds as I am still waiting for number plates :/

johno

• Grease Monkey
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 09:29:49 am
Very nice.
I think the straps are to use the bags when they are off the bike.
It was the duff duff sound that drew me into buying My B5 Bullet back in 2012, its a bike I will never sell.
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

Keef Sparrow

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 07:48:56 pm
I didn't realise an actual physical printed Owner Manual existed with new models - I didn't get one with mine last year. I thought the downloadable one was all there was.  :-\
Past: CB125-T2, T500, GT500, Speed Triple, 955i Daytona. Now: Royal Enfield Bullet Trials 500

martinw650

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 08:31:00 pm
Congrats!  :)
I like mine lots, despite the issues.
As you say, a strange mix of old and new, finesse and definite shoddiness!
A bit like me, maybe that's why I like it!

johno

• Grease Monkey
  • 2012 B5 on the original Portland Dorset UK
Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 08:59:11 pm
I didn't realise an actual physical printed Owner Manual existed with new models - I didn't get one with mine last year. I thought the downloadable one was all there was.  :-\
There is also a Haynes manual for the Enfields.
2012 B5 Bullet
 K&N, sport muffler, 18tooth fr sprocket, Avon style fairing, 1958 pattern British army haversacks. Mitas tyres DiD chain. Carberry plate.

fressko

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 09:29:58 pm
From what I have seen so far, the only thing missing from mine are the antivibe rubber on the engine fins. I am 90% sure that someone at the dealership thought they were part of the original wrapping and simply tookem off and discarded.... Outrageous :) but hey on the bright side the cooling will be much improved.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 10:29:10 pm
The 500 Tribute may be the end of the 500 line, but they still look very nice.   :)
2011 Royal Enfield B5 500, 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2016 BMW R1200RS, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Ove

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 08:52:48 am
Agree, a good looking bike.

The straps are to hold the mudguards on when the stays vibrate loose 8)