Author Topic: What did you do to your bike today?  (Read 2758 times)

Rick Dangerous

• Scooter
  • I like to move it move it.
on: April 05, 2021, 02:21:58 pm
Would love to see pictures posted of projects, additions, deletions, etc. from your RE 650s!

Or even just cleaning, tweaking, you name it.  What did you do to your bike today?
Past Bikes: Ducati, Kawasaki's, Triumph's  Current: 2020 Royal Enfield INT650 Baker Express

Rick Dangerous

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 02:29:54 pm
I'll kick it off:

Added a "Enfield Precision" metal chain guard

Replaced my speedo cable wire guide with a CNC machined unit from Hitchcocks UK
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 02:32:05 pm by Rick Dangerous »
Past Bikes: Ducati, Kawasaki's, Triumph's  Current: 2020 Royal Enfield INT650 Baker Express

drums4money

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 03:42:15 pm
Valves...
hypocrite, four flusher, snake in the grass, just a swindler and wolf in sheep's clothing. . . . liar.

wachuko

• Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Continental GT 650
Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 04:28:27 pm
Just watching paint dry...
Ride safe!
Wachuko
'19 BMW F 850 GS Adventure
‘21 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650

Toontje

• Grease Monkey
  • Barcelona, Spain
Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 04:28:34 pm
I rode it for 4,5 hours through the twisties.
Waiting for COVID-19 confinements to clear (Was: Riding my Ice Queen through Spain.)

CPJS

• Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 05:33:26 pm
I watched a light dusting of snow from the comfort of indoors. 3.5 deg C and 15mph wind = COLD.
Current bikes.
R E GT650
BMW R1200GS
Honda CRF250L
BSA B25SS

Still young enough not to care, too old to remember why.

Rick Dangerous

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 09:04:34 pm
Did a bar end mirror today; cleans up the look quite a bit.

For some reason the right side mirror loosens by twisting to the right (clockwise.)  No idea why--hope i can save someone some frustration on that one.  Otherwise easy peasy.

Who made the rubber for the turn signal stalks?  The things droop out to the side like limp schlongs.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 09:06:53 pm by Rick Dangerous »

Semanticks

• Bulleteer
  • 2019 Interceptor Ravishing Red
Reply #7 on: April 06, 2021, 04:30:03 am
Nothing on my bike but gf's 10th anniversary CB750 limited edition came out of winter storage and got a once over. It was sure fun taking the DOHC 4 Honda out for a rip.... We were born in the same year and she runs better than me in every way ;D
South Okanagan BC

2019 Interceptor Ravishing Red

BlackIce619

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: April 06, 2021, 05:55:29 am
Installed LED headlight bulb and polished engine on both sides. Reflection shows my excitement.
2019 RE Continental GT 650 - Ice Queen

Semanticks

• Bulleteer
Reply #9 on: April 06, 2021, 05:57:07 am
Installed LED headlight bulb and polished engine on both sides. Reflection shows my excitement.

Hope yours lasts longer than mine. My led bulb made it through one ride...

Polish looks great!
South Okanagan BC

Marcsen

• Bulleteer
Reply #10 on: April 06, 2021, 08:06:56 am
Lucas p700 today
Isle of rügen, germany .
Wachau austria

CPJS

• Bulleteer
Reply #11 on: April 06, 2021, 08:54:26 am
Lucas p700 today
ME WANT!
How bright is it?
Current bikes.
R E GT650
BMW R1200GS
Honda CRF250L
BSA B25SS

Still young enough not to care, too old to remember why.

Marcsen

• Bulleteer
Reply #12 on: April 06, 2021, 09:18:22 am
ME WANT!
How bright is it?

Same as the clear original one but with the classic look
Isle of rügen, germany .
Wachau austria

Jared_Lee

• Bulleteer
Reply #13 on: April 06, 2021, 02:13:57 pm
Laid it down on some ice riding it in for the brake recall on Friday. Mangled the rear brake paddle. Other than that, just a little scuffing on the front brake lever, bar end and Stinger exhaust.

I bent the spring hook for the exhaust back into position, loosened all the hardware, realigned the pipes and attached a new spring. The service center bent the foot pedal back into usable position and corrected the alignment.

I've ordered the TEC foot controls kit to replace the "fixed" pedal and adjust the foot placement. I'll try to take and post pics of that when I do the work.

Details on the accident - after weeks of warm spring weather, I had my service recall scheduled for 9 am Friday. Overnight temperatures dropped to 25 or so. I geared up for the cold, but as it was all dry out, didn't think much past that. As I was riding in, traffic in front of me slowed and I saw the wet road and cars moving around a smallish pothole. I just didn't factor in that wet in these temperatures meant ice. As I said, it had been weeks since temperatures were below freezing. I rolled into the ice slowing behind the traffic with the clutch pulled. As traffic picked up, I eased off the clutch and rear end spun right around dumping me onto the pavement. Why the entire road was sprayed down overnight in freezing cold? No clue. I could have avoided it by recognizing the water as ice and feathering the clutch to cover the patch, but it just registered to me was water. 100% my fault. The gear did its job and my body was unharmed. Got the bike up and rode it the rest of the way in. Thankful to have a solid bike without the plastics. Dusted off and all seems well with the motorcycle.

Royal Low

• Scooter
Reply #14 on: April 06, 2021, 04:56:55 pm
Not today, But a few days ago. Deleted stock rear lights and fender, cut off old bracket and added LEDs.

Hoiho

• Engorged Member
  • Grease Monkey
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #15 on: April 06, 2021, 09:41:43 pm
Laid it down on some ice riding it in for the brake recall on Friday. Mangled the rear brake paddle. Other than that, just a little scuffing on the front brake lever, bar end and Stinger exhaust.

I bent the spring hook for the exhaust back into position, loosened all the hardware, realigned the pipes and attached a new spring. The service center bent the foot pedal back into usable position and corrected the alignment.

I've ordered the TEC foot controls kit to replace the "fixed" pedal and adjust the foot placement. I'll try to take and post pics of that when I do the work.

Details on the accident - after weeks of warm spring weather, I had my service recall scheduled for 9 am Friday. Overnight temperatures dropped to 25 or so. I geared up for the cold, but as it was all dry out, didn't think much past that. As I was riding in, traffic in front of me slowed and I saw the wet road and cars moving around a smallish pothole. I just didn't factor in that wet in these temperatures meant ice. As I said, it had been weeks since temperatures were below freezing. I rolled into the ice slowing behind the traffic with the clutch pulled. As traffic picked up, I eased off the clutch and rear end spun right around dumping me onto the pavement. Why the entire road was sprayed down overnight in freezing cold? No clue. I could have avoided it by recognizing the water as ice and feathering the clutch to cover the patch, but it just registered to me was water. 100% my fault. The gear did its job and my body was unharmed. Got the bike up and rode it the rest of the way in. Thankful to have a solid bike without the plastics. Dusted off and all seems well with the motorcycle.

Bugger. Good outcome that you and the bike are ok...

GravyDavy

• Bulleteer
Reply #16 on: April 07, 2021, 04:45:17 pm
Did a bar end mirror today; cleans up the look quite a bit.

For some reason the right side mirror loosens by twisting to the right (clockwise.)  No idea why--hope i can save someone some frustration on that one.  Otherwise easy peasy.

Who made the rubber for the turn signal stalks?  The things droop out to the side like limp schlongs.
The left/right threads are so that the mirrors will turn easily if they bump a pedestrian. Originally used by Yamaha and adopted by some other manufacturers.

I wouldn't have minded the stock turn signals if not for the sad droop.  They were the first change I made to my bike.

BlackIce619

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: April 07, 2021, 05:12:03 pm
While it is new helmet day.... I decided to add the trim around the gas tank as of have seen some of you do. Very inexpensive and super easy to do. I think it gives it more of a finished look. If you are in San Diego or anywhere in California, let me know and I could send a forum member the remainder.

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grease Monkey
  • 2020 INT650 "Orange Crush"
Reply #18 on: April 07, 2021, 06:42:58 pm
While it is new helmet day.... I decided to add the trim around the gas tank as of have seen some of you do. Very inexpensive and super easy to do. I think it gives it more of a finished look. If you are in San Diego or anywhere in California, let me know and I could send a forum member the remainder.

Okay, now THAT'S a nice little touch.
“It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious.”

- President George Washington

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #19 on: April 07, 2021, 07:07:51 pm

What product is that?
“It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious.”

wachuko

• Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Continental GT 650
Reply #20 on: April 07, 2021, 07:29:23 pm
Brake recall done!

Ride safe!
Wachuko

BlackIce619

• Scooter

Rick Dangerous

• Scooter
Reply #22 on: April 07, 2021, 07:56:14 pm
NICE Brakes?  Are those Bybre's?  I can't tell.....

Thanks for the link; may have to do that tank finishing strip myself.

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #23 on: April 07, 2021, 07:58:22 pm
It comes in black, white, grey.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JMM66HB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So, in your pic it doesn't look like you slipped it over the sharp edge of the tank. How did you attach it? Or am I wrong? I like the look, and it's cheap, I'm ready to order it just curious on how you attached it.

wachuko

• Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Continental GT 650
Reply #24 on: April 07, 2021, 08:33:11 pm
So, in your pic it doesn't look like you slipped it over the sharp edge of the tank. How did you attach it? Or am I wrong? I like the look, and it's cheap, I'm ready to order it just curious on how you attached it.

It is... it is just that the seam in our tanks is around 14.34 mm and that rubber trim is only 1/4" (6.35 mm)
.  So unless you find a taller one, 8 mm of the seam will still be exposed.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 08:52:06 pm by wachuko »
Ride safe!
Wachuko

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #25 on: April 07, 2021, 08:36:16 pm
It is... it is just that the seam in our tanks is around 14.34 mm and that rubber trim is only 1/4" (6.25 mm)

Ah, got it. Still looks pretty cool. Ordered. It'll be here today so I'll have something to do tonight while the rain falls.... thanks for the link and info!

Bibbage

• Scooter
  • Suffolk UK
Reply #26 on: April 07, 2021, 08:57:02 pm

Do you have a link to the product you used, looks great!  Sorry just spotted the Amazon link!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 09:00:30 pm by Bibbage »
Current Bikes:-
Interceptor 650 (Baker Express)
Triumph Speed Twin 5TA (1966)
Past Bikes:-
Honda S90 (first bike)
Honda CB160
Triumph T21 3TA 350
BSA Bantam 150
Suzuki 80
Honda CB125
Honda Super Dream 250
Triumph Legend 900
Suzuki GSX750F

BlackIce619

• Scooter
Reply #27 on: April 07, 2021, 09:21:42 pm
It is... it is just that the seam in our tanks is around 14.34 mm and that rubber trim is only 1/4" (6.35 mm)
.  So unless you find a taller one, 8 mm of the seam will still be exposed.

Thank you for providing that clarification. I would also recommend those who purchase to try and get the larger size to cover the entire gap as a whole. Yes, the link I provided works, but I would probably just go wider to make it look ever more of a "finished" result.

Dacvulcan

• Scooter
Reply #28 on: April 07, 2021, 09:53:56 pm
I took a quick ride and tried out my GoPro. It was attached to the chin bar on my helmet which created to much wind noise. I bought a chest harness to mount the camera and will try it out on the next ride.
Northern Virginia USA
2020 INT650 Glitter & Dust

Previous bikes: Kawasaki Vulcan 2000, 1500 Vulcan Classic, ZG1000 Concours, ZG1200 Voyager, KZ1000 Shaft, KZ750M Twin, KZ750E Four; Honda XL600R. XL350, CB550F, SL350, CL350, 305 Super Hawk

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #29 on: April 08, 2021, 02:06:49 am
Followed BlackIce's example and added trim to the seam of the tank. I like it. And, actually, the trim covered more of the seam than I thought it would.

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: April 08, 2021, 02:10:25 am
Followed BlackIce's example and added trim to the seam of the tank. I like it. And, actually, the trim covered more of the seam than I thought it would.

It looks great.

Hoiho

• Engorged Member
  • Grease Monkey
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #31 on: April 08, 2021, 11:59:08 am
I took a quick ride and tried out my GoPro. It was attached to the chin bar on my helmet which created to much wind noise. I bought a chest harness to mount the camera and will try it out on the next ride.

Wind noise in your helmet or in GP footage?  I use a chestie and ext mic (with dead cat) clipped to backpack pointed down which works quite well as it's out of the wind blast. Tends to record noise from my bike, not others in front but thats to be expected. Here's a ride from last weekend - https://youtu.be/QgldsyeDNTE

wachuko

• Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Continental GT 650
Reply #32 on: April 08, 2021, 02:13:12 pm

Looks great.  Were you able to do it with the tank in place?  Or had to remove the tank?
Ride safe!
Wachuko

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #33 on: April 08, 2021, 02:27:41 pm
Looks great.  Were you able to do it with the tank in place?  Or had to remove the tank?

Tank in place. Just removed the seat to get the ends of the trim as far behind the tank as possible so it looks clean. It was only a touch of a pain to get the trim around the cables and bundles going under the front side of the tank, but nothing that a little wiggle and finesse can't handle. took all of about 6 minutes.

rowdyyates

• Bulleteer
Reply #34 on: April 08, 2021, 10:14:24 pm
Today I removed the rear shocks and cleaned them up. I then put them back on. That is how bored I was today.
1988 RGV 250
2020 RE GT CONT 650

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #35 on: April 08, 2021, 10:26:19 pm
Wind noise in your helmet or in GP footage?  I use a chestie and ext mic (with dead cat) clipped to backpack pointed down which works quite well as it's out of the wind blast. Tends to record noise from my bike, not others in front but thats to be expected. Here's a ride from last weekend - https://youtu.be/QgldsyeDNTE
Good work on the video. I actually ended up watching the whole thing. Thanks for the ride.
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT

Voun

• So far so good ...
  • Scooter
  • 2021 Interceptor
Reply #36 on: April 08, 2021, 10:49:41 pm
Just the micro fibers daily wipe on the chrome tank  ;D
Tomorrow I will go to the RE shop to have the instruments block changed, everything's ok except the knob to change from trip A to B to total which get stuck sometimes.
Well it used to get stuck because some WD40 cure the thing, but they insisted to change the whole block ???
So my bike will be 1.200 km younger tomorrow  ;)

Jack Straw

• Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
Reply #37 on: April 08, 2021, 11:48:05 pm
My front wheel squeak returned yesterday so I removed the cable and shot some lube down in the drive unit.  A test ride proved the squeak was gone.....for now. Victory is mine.
Interceptor 650, Honda VT500 Ascot at present
Norton Commando, Ducati Diana Mk. III, CB 500/570, KLR 650, Ducati 250 Scrambler, CB 350, Honda S 90, YDS-3, SV 650 and a few others in the past.

drums4money

• Scooter
Reply #38 on: April 09, 2021, 12:49:35 am
Bars, grips, mirrors.
I'll get to the tank seam weatherstripping trick this weekend. 
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 12:53:24 am by drums4money »
hypocrite, four flusher, snake in the grass, just a swindler and wolf in sheep's clothing. . . . liar.

Gremlinsteve

• Grease Monkey
Reply #39 on: April 09, 2021, 03:46:45 am
Rode it.   After completion of the build it was fun to get on it and ride

Rick Dangerous

• Scooter
Reply #40 on: April 09, 2021, 03:07:34 pm
Did the Hitchcocks adjustable levers yesterday.  In retrospect should have gone with the short ones; but these will do!

Also rode 35 miles or so yesterday; nice day for it. 

BlackIce619

• Scooter
Reply #41 on: April 09, 2021, 03:20:40 pm

Same here. Tank in place. Removed side cover and seat.

Today going for a quick ride with a buddy for lunch. Will post a random picture later today.

wachuko

• Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Continental GT 650
Reply #42 on: April 09, 2021, 03:39:06 pm

Today going for a quick ride with a buddy for lunch. Will post a random picture later today.

Tank in place. Just removed the seat to get the ends of the trim as far behind the tank as possible so it looks clean. It was only a touch of a pain to get the trim around the cables and bundles going under the front side of the tank, but nothing that a little wiggle and finesse can't handle. took all of about 6 minutes.

Cool.  Thank you guys!  Added to the list of mods planned.

Ride safe!
Wachuko

Voun

• So far so good ...
  • Scooter
  • 2021 Interceptor
Reply #43 on: April 09, 2021, 06:28:52 pm
I mounted the little license plate, too small to be legal here but so much cuter, hoping the cops like the Doors ...

Voun

• So far so good ...
  • Scooter
  • 2021 Interceptor
Reply #44 on: April 09, 2021, 06:31:24 pm
Still waiting for the smaller blinkers from China, sure lost in the french custom labyrinth ...

Voun

• So far so good ...
  • Scooter
  • 2021 Interceptor
Reply #45 on: April 09, 2021, 06:34:47 pm
"Tomorrow I will go to the RE shop to have the instruments block changed"
Done too, my bike is now 28 km old  :o 8)

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #46 on: April 10, 2021, 12:43:24 am
Well today I put the right side cover and the seat back on. Then I put my tank bag on ready to ride on Sunday as long as it does not piss down here  in sunny Florida. 8)
2020 Baker Express

6504me

• Grease Monkey
Reply #47 on: April 10, 2021, 12:47:51 am
Wax on... wax off.

Jack Straw

• Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
Reply #48 on: April 10, 2021, 12:50:54 am
Didn't lift a tool, didn't polish it, I just rode the sucker.

Imagine that?
Norton Commando, Ducati Diana Mk. III, CB 500/570, KLR 650, Ducati 250 Scrambler, CB 350, Honda S 90, YDS-3, SV 650 and a few others in the past.

Gremlinsteve

• Grease Monkey
Reply #49 on: April 10, 2021, 01:32:58 am
Took possession of the mk design front fairing/cowl and there rail tidy today

GravyDavy

• Bulleteer
Reply #50 on: April 10, 2021, 01:21:24 pm
Took possession of the mk design front fairing/cowl and there rail tidy today
I'm interested in your impressions of the quality of the fairing
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 01:24:47 pm by GravyDavy »

drums4money

• Scooter
Reply #51 on: April 10, 2021, 07:47:57 pm

Added the tank seam weather strip today. That's a nice tip!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 07:50:23 pm by drums4money »

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #52 on: April 10, 2021, 09:26:35 pm
Yeah adding trim to the tank is a great idea, already had a couple compliments on it from a couple guys at work. An cheap, too. 12 bucks isn't bad at all.

Gremlinsteve

• Grease Monkey
Reply #53 on: April 10, 2021, 10:35:39 pm
Installed my mk design cafe fairing today

drums4money

• Scooter
Reply #54 on: April 10, 2021, 11:36:32 pm

That is sharp..
Did you have ti have it sprayed to match? 

Gremlinsteve

• Grease Monkey
Reply #55 on: April 11, 2021, 12:18:29 am
It came from India in the correct white
It was not hard to install either

Gremlinsteve

• Grease Monkey
Reply #56 on: April 11, 2021, 12:21:30 am
Tomorrow I install there version of a tail tidy

wachuko

• Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Continental GT 650
Reply #57 on: April 11, 2021, 01:36:20 am

Details!!

1. Did you have to lower the bars/controls?

2. Photos of mount/brackets?  How is it attached to the bike?

3. Any stability issues when riding?  Vibrations on the bars??

4. Is the inside nicely finished???

Looks great!!!
Ride safe!
Wachuko

Gremlinsteve

• Grease Monkey
Reply #58 on: April 11, 2021, 01:42:21 am
Did not have to lower the controls or bars

The brackets are well thought out
And everything is supplied

No stability issues. I just went for a decent ride with it.  Might need to adjust my headlight

To be honest the inside could be finished nicer
But for the price and the ease of install I’ll take it

I feel making the inside a gel coat like the outer part would be nice.  But if a person wanted to you could spray inside with a black or some sort of liner to hide the roughness

wachuko

• Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Continental GT 650
Reply #59 on: April 11, 2021, 02:07:52 am

No stability issues. I just went for a decent ride with it.  Might need to adjust my headlight

I feel making the inside a gel coat like the outer part would be nice.  But if a person wanted to you could spray inside with a black or some sort of liner to hide the roughness

Thank you!!!  Looks like I will be adding it to the mod list!!! 

The other ones I have seen required to lower the bars.

Woohoooo!!!
Ride safe!
Wachuko

Jack Straw

• Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
Reply #60 on: April 11, 2021, 02:22:05 am
That's a good looking piece.  If I had a Conti rather than the Interceptor I'd get one too.   Just my opinion but to my eye it looks silly with regular handlebars but with clip ons or clubman bars......very nice.

Gremlinsteve

• Grease Monkey
Reply #61 on: April 11, 2021, 02:33:55 am
Thank you
I agree it doesn’t look good on the interceptor In my opinion

GravyDavy

• Bulleteer
Reply #62 on: April 11, 2021, 02:35:20 am

If it's rough fiberglass on the inside truck bed liner might be an easy and pleasing finish. Please post detailed photos when you can.

Gremlinsteve

• Grease Monkey
Reply #63 on: April 11, 2021, 02:46:55 am
Sure
I’ll take pics tomorrow in the daylight

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #64 on: April 11, 2021, 03:22:06 am
Damn it, today I dropped the bike in the garage. Only damage is the brake pedal. It is bent to the point I cannot use it.
Does anyone know if it could be heated up and bent back to the correct lines?
Now I cannot ride I took off the left side exhaust and shock to replace both. Tomorrow I will take the right side off and the brake pedal >:( >:(
2020 Baker Express

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #65 on: April 11, 2021, 03:57:25 am
Damn it, today I dropped the bike in the garage. Only damage is the brake pedal. It is bent to the point I cannot use it.
Does anyone know if it could be heated up and bent back to the correct lines?
Now I cannot ride I took off the left side exhaust and shock to replace both. Tomorrow I will take the right side off and the brake pedal >:( >:(
It can be bent back without heat. In fact, you might choose to keep the petal mounted as you re-bend it.
Two of these will do it. Post a photo showing the bend and folks like OleHogRider will tell you where the "grab points " are.

GravyDavy

• Bulleteer
Reply #66 on: April 11, 2021, 01:37:13 pm
Yep. That's an advantage of a plain mild steel pedal instead of cast aluminum. It'll bend back fine without heat.  At most, you might need to remove the pedal and whack it with a hammer.

My drop was near the bottom of my steep driveway. Getting the bike back on it's wheels was quite interesting, since it wanted to roll downhill towards a ditch...

foggy95

• Bulleteer
Reply #67 on: April 11, 2021, 02:44:29 pm
Regretfully and with mixed emotions, listed my GT 650 on feebay ..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114761231160

at 72 I'm not riding enough to keep two bikes in the stable ... and the V7III is a little better suited to these old bones.
I enjoyed the GT for short rides and making the many mods and 'upgrades' but now it's time for someone else to enjoy the bike and use it for it's intended purpose and not lounge as a garage queen.
Chester County, PA
2019 Moto Guzzi V7III Special
2020 GT 650

GravyDavy

• Bulleteer
Reply #68 on: April 11, 2021, 02:50:08 pm

at 72 I'm not riding enough to keep two bikes in the stable ... and the V7III is a little better suited to these old bones.
I enjoyed the GT for short rides and making the many mods and 'upgrades' but now it's time for someone else to enjoy the bike and use it for it's intended purpose and not lounge as a garage queen.
Somebody is getting a smoking deal!

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #69 on: April 11, 2021, 04:02:29 pm

That should sell quickly, particularly if the buyer can pay now and pick it up in two weeks. I say 2 weeks because that gets the buyer a cheaper airline ticket.
I hope you will stay on this forum and share your "Out & About" on your Guzzi.

olhogrider

• 650 Interceptor and C5
  • Grand Gearhead
  • VEGAS!
Reply #70 on: April 11, 2021, 04:33:36 pm

This is heartbreaking. As others have said it is a damned good deal. You'll probably get more attention here if you start a new topic.

Gremlinsteve

• Grease Monkey
Reply #71 on: April 11, 2021, 05:58:23 pm
For those wanting to see brackets ect

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f1fKzBVQAwM

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #72 on: April 11, 2021, 08:12:05 pm
For those wanting to see brackets ect

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f1fKzBVQAwM

Very clever system. The base plate, under the triple tree, what material is it made of?

Gremlinsteve

• Grease Monkey
Reply #73 on: April 11, 2021, 09:00:44 pm
Steel

Gremlinsteve

• Grease Monkey
Reply #74 on: April 11, 2021, 09:15:27 pm
Installed one of these today
Just need to wire up the light

Gremlinsteve

• Grease Monkey

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #76 on: April 11, 2021, 09:50:37 pm
NV Ducati - Thanks for the input. I will be getting it all straightened out this week.
Gravy Davy - I could not pick mine up without help as it landed on the lawnmower and I could only access one end or the other. My kid came and helped.
2020 Baker Express

GravyDavy

• Bulleteer
Reply #77 on: April 12, 2021, 03:00:54 am
Ouch! That makes it really awkward, but at least you had a kid to help.

I had to wait until the UPS truck came by. It was a trifle embarrassing.

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #78 on: April 12, 2021, 11:02:59 pm
I tried to straighten out the brake pedal but it is going to need some heat to get the wrinkles out so a change of plans.
I ordered the pedal from Wemoto and in the meantime I will experiment with cutting off the piece that the rubber goes on and I will play around with trying to make an old school end like I had on every bike until this one ;D ;D
2020 Baker Express

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #79 on: April 12, 2021, 11:05:32 pm
Something like the end of this
2020 Baker Express

Blazes Boylan

• Grease Monkey
  • Brooklyn
Reply #80 on: April 12, 2021, 11:31:37 pm
Something like the end of this

I bought one from Tec Bikes but I prefer an old school brake pedal.  If you come up with a solution I'd love to see it.

Semanticks

• Bulleteer
Reply #81 on: April 13, 2021, 01:25:15 am
Installed the Krator incandescent indicators in the stock location.
South Okanagan BC

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #82 on: April 13, 2021, 01:40:16 am
I bought one from Tec Bikes but I prefer an old school brake pedal.  If you come up with a solution I'd love to see it.

Not sure how it will turn but I will give it a go and let you know.
2020 Baker Express

Blazes Boylan

• Grease Monkey
  • Brooklyn
Reply #83 on: April 13, 2021, 02:16:28 am
I finally finished rewiring my Interceptor and getting my LED headlight bulb, Motogadget pin turn signals, Motone El Dorado taillight, and anodized aluminum switch gears working.  I could only interpret the wiring diagram so far then used trial and error until I got all the controls working correctly.

Blazes Boylan

• Grease Monkey
  • Brooklyn
Reply #84 on: April 13, 2021, 02:27:42 am
I think I've jettisoned all the plastic.  I also installed the Hitchcock's USB adapter.  I ordered their auxiliary splitter but it was out of stock so I made one.

Royal Low

• Scooter
Reply #85 on: April 13, 2021, 02:02:55 pm
Added a few lights. For "Safety" lol.

Blazes Boylan

• Grease Monkey
  • Brooklyn
Reply #86 on: April 13, 2021, 03:20:54 pm
Added a few lights. For "Safety" lol.

That actually does increase your visibility and safety, according to FortNine anyway.

Blazes Boylan

• Grease Monkey
  • Brooklyn
Reply #87 on: April 13, 2021, 06:22:36 pm
After leaving it in acetone overnight to no avail and wasting money on a couple of thoroughly benign paint strippers, I applied elbow grease and eventually managed to strip the powder coating off the front fender bracket.  I then sanded it with WD40 and three different grades of sandpaper, finishing off with a few dabs of Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish and a 6" buffing wheel attached to my drill press.  (The cheap Amazon buffing wheel sent fibers flying all over my kitchen, the downside of having a drill press in your kitchen.)  I won't be putting it back on the bike until I've finished taking the forks off, drilling a few 8mm holes in the damper rods, and installing the YSS upgrade kit.

Hoiho

• Engorged Member
  • Grease Monkey
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #88 on: April 13, 2021, 09:53:20 pm
After leaving it in acetone overnight to no avail and wasting money on a couple of thoroughly benign paint strippers, I applied elbow grease and eventually managed to strip the powder coating off the front fender bracket.  I then sanded it with WD40 and three different grades of sandpaper, finishing off with a few dabs of Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish and a 6" buffing wheel attached to my drill press.  (The cheap Amazon buffing wheel sent fibers flying all over my kitchen, the downside of having a drill press in your kitchen.)  I won't be putting it back on the bike until I've finished taking the forks off, drilling a few 8mm holes in the damper rods, and installing the YSS upgrade kit.

You're doing all this in your NY apartment - kudos!

Jack Straw

• Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
Reply #89 on: April 13, 2021, 09:58:54 pm
Nice job. I was gonna do that but it ruined my manicure so I painted it black.

GravyDavy

• Bulleteer
Reply #90 on: April 13, 2021, 10:09:48 pm
(The cheap Amazon buffing wheel sent fibers flying all over my kitchen, the downside of having a drill press in your kitchen.)

The upside is having a handy heavy-duty mixer!

Blazes Boylan

• Grease Monkey
  • Brooklyn
Reply #91 on: April 14, 2021, 12:13:29 am
Nice job. I was gonna do that but it ruined my manicure so I painted it black.

I ruined my manicure about twenty years ago and never looked back.

Blazes Boylan

• Grease Monkey
  • Brooklyn
Reply #92 on: April 14, 2021, 12:18:39 am
The upside is having a handy heavy-duty mixer!

Never thought of that.  A heavy duty mixer is about the only kitchen appliance I don't own.  Never got into baking, even during the lock down.  Ice cream is a different story.  You can just see the edge of my Musso Mini Lussino ice cream machine, which is kind of the MV Augusta of ice cream machines, with a whole lot less maintenance.

Jared_Lee

• Bulleteer
Reply #93 on: April 15, 2021, 03:13:40 am
Swapped the pegs and foot controls for the Tec kit. It was about as easy as the install video. I definitely found the allen key up from the bottom before pressing the pin down on the pegs to be very helpful. Haven't gotten any real miles in yet to decide on a final peg position, but my initial setting is just a notch down and forward from stock.

I love the way they look. Apologies for the poor photo quality. I just snapped phone pics quickly. I have about an hour of sunlight after work and after that it's by street light.

Jared_Lee

• Bulleteer
Reply #94 on: April 15, 2021, 03:17:58 am
Pics.

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #95 on: April 15, 2021, 04:38:59 am

Blazes Boylan

• Grease Monkey
  • Brooklyn
Reply #96 on: April 15, 2021, 04:41:24 am
Tec Bike Parts

Jared_Lee

• Bulleteer
Reply #97 on: April 15, 2021, 04:43:46 am
Yeah, sorry to split the post. I noted the work in the first post, but the pictures wouldn't upload so I made a second post for the pics. Apologies for the confusion.

justonemore

• Bulleteer
Reply #98 on: April 15, 2021, 07:13:05 am
Yesterday, fitted a set of Verex polished stainless mufflers. Great weight reduction, nice burble without being too noisy.   
I thought getting old would take longer than this

BlackIce619

• Scooter
Reply #99 on: April 15, 2021, 04:39:45 pm
Installed a LED Headlight unit as the LED bulb was creating condensation in the housing and I just was not a fan. Decided to return the bulb and pay $8-10 more to have the entire unit.

In the first picture you can see that I am paying tribute to Jack Straw with his "Springtime is Bugtime". I though leaving the picture with my original headlight with all the bugs on it would provide you all with some humor, or maybe just me. Jack - I saved you a couple bugs from my ride!

For those of you interested how to install, it is VERY easy, but I also found a video to help you out as well if challenged on the DRL part. I will admit I literally blew a fuse on my first attempt, but this video here will help you avoid that.  8)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHIruutrBRo

Does not go with the "retro" look, but I like to see ahead of me and have people see me.

BlackIce619

• Scooter
Reply #100 on: April 16, 2021, 06:47:08 pm
A little look and function...

LongMan

• Bulleteer
  • Germany - 2019 Interceptor
Reply #101 on: April 16, 2021, 08:50:05 pm
LED headlight, adjustable Probrake brake and clutch levers, new Bridgestone BT46 tires.
Btw.: That round thing left from the brake reservoir is not a cigar lighter (I don't use to smoke during ride  ;)), but a remote control for my garage door.

BlackIce619

• Scooter
Reply #102 on: April 16, 2021, 10:29:02 pm
LED headlight, adjustable Probrake brake and clutch levers, new Bridgestone BT46 tires.
Btw.: That round thing left from the brake reservoir is not a cigar lighter (I don't use to smoke during ride  ;)), but a remote control for my garage door.

Send me the link for that RAM Mount you have on your motorcycle? Might as well send me that Garage Opener gadget as well....

Bibbage

• Scooter
  • Suffolk UK
Reply #103 on: April 17, 2021, 09:13:09 am
Gave mine a wash!
Current Bikes:-
Interceptor 650 (Baker Express)
Triumph Speed Twin 5TA (1966)
Past Bikes:-
Honda S90 (first bike)
Honda CB160
Triumph T21 3TA 350
BSA Bantam 150
Suzuki 80
Honda CB125
Honda Super Dream 250
Triumph Legend 900
Suzuki GSX750F

Blazes Boylan

• Grease Monkey
  • Brooklyn
Reply #104 on: April 17, 2021, 12:02:00 pm
I have so many tools and stray nuts and bolts I was confident I could make quick work of removing the fork dampers and drilling the six 8mm holes for the YSS upgrade.  No such luck.  I’m off to Lowe’s this morning for a 1 1/4” x 1/8” flat bar.

om15

• Scooter
Reply #105 on: April 17, 2021, 12:21:23 pm
A good clean, 70 mile run in the sunshine and then had its photo taken.
current bikes
RE Himalayan 2019
RE Interceptor 2020.
Previous, Triumph Trident 900, 03 Bonneville, Adventurer 900, 13 Bonneville, Street Twin. Tracer 700. RE 500 Classic, BSA C15, Yamaha XT500

South West England, retired aircraft engineer.

BlackIce619

• Scooter
Reply #106 on: April 18, 2021, 06:39:19 pm
Bubble Bath!!!

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #107 on: April 20, 2021, 01:56:37 am
Finally wired up the moto gadget turn signals at the front. Now I have to do the rear on Wednesday.
2020 Baker Express

BlackIce619

• Scooter
Reply #108 on: April 20, 2021, 08:49:13 pm
Ordered Hagon rear shocks, front fork preload adjuster, heavier 10% fork springs, iridium spark plugs, engine guard, grips, brass valve caps...

Trying to find tires in USA. Ongoing issue...

So far my best search for road/track use here in California is...

Bridgestone BT54
110/80/18
140/70/18

I will put a build thread soon. Nothing crazy.

Hoiho

• Engorged Member
  • Grease Monkey
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #109 on: April 20, 2021, 09:45:48 pm
Ordered Hagon rear shocks, front fork preload adjuster, heavier 10% fork springs, iridium spark plugs, engine guard, grips, brass valve caps...

Trying to find tires in USA. Ongoing issue...

So far my best search for road/track use here in California is...

Bridgestone BT54
110/80/18
140/70/18

I will put a build thread soon. Nothing crazy.

Hitchcock +10% prog fork springs were a fail for me. They were shorter than stock and compressed more easily, I'm going linear after installing the PD valve emulators.  +20mm Hagon on the other hand are brilliant - love the extra travel and control.

I think your tyre sizes are perfect for the GT. Bit of extra width helps with grip and slightly lower front profile helps with turn in. I find my bike holds a line much than mate's Intercepter on stock rubber (new set) which seems to step out on corners more easily.  Try and get the newer BT46 if you can.

BlackIce619

• Scooter
Reply #110 on: April 20, 2021, 10:30:47 pm
Hitchcock +10% prog fork springs were a fail for me. They were shorter than stock and compressed more easily...

Try and get the newer BT46 if you can.

I hope Hitchcock gets my email and makes that change for me. I ordered today and requested to cancel the 10% stiffer spring. Will go with preload adjuster and fresh oil or 15w and see how that holds up for now.

Have not purchased the tires yet, but trying to just find something available.

Truly appreciate the advise!!!

BlackIce619

• Scooter
Reply #111 on: April 20, 2021, 11:34:32 pm
FML... They really don't want you to have quality tires here in California.

I found the sizes I need but they are both Rear tires . No Front available. Hahaha

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #112 on: April 21, 2021, 04:21:48 am
FML... They really don't want you to have quality tires here in California.

I found the sizes I need but they are both Rear tires . No Front available. Hahaha
When you look at the photo it appears to be a front with a typo. Phone Revzila they are good at customer service.
There are some folks who run 150s on the rear. Maybe the Bridgestone users can verify. I have a 150 Avon on mine.

BlackIce619

• Scooter
Reply #113 on: April 21, 2021, 05:56:52 am
When you look at the photo it appears to be a front with a typo. Phone Revzila they are good at customer service.
There are some folks who run 150s on the rear. Maybe the Bridgestone users can verify. I have a 150 Avon on mine.

I just called a local Bridgestone distributor. They confirmed they can order me Bridgestone BT46 and will be available in 2-3 days.

110/80/18 - $140
140/70/18 - $110

Not a bad deal and first time ever a front is more expensive than rear.

Side note: sent Hitchcock an email to change my front suspension order from a Fork Adjustment to YSS kit. Might as well spend the money and have a bigger smile on the track than regretting my purchase. Thank you Hoiho!!!

Hoiho

• Engorged Member
  • Grease Monkey
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #114 on: April 21, 2021, 07:00:04 am
I just called a local Bridgestone distributor. They confirmed they can order me Bridgestone BT46 and will be available in 2-3 days.

110/80/18 - $140
140/70/18 - $110

Not a bad deal and first time ever a front is more expensive than rear.

Side note: sent Hitchcock an email to change my front suspension order from a Fork Adjustment to YSS kit. Might as well spend the money and have a bigger smile on the track than regretting my purchase. Thank you Hoiho!!!

Nice. I think the 110/80 front has a higher speed rating, V vs H rear?

BlackIce619

• Scooter
Reply #115 on: April 21, 2021, 06:43:30 pm
Nice. I think the 110/80 front has a higher speed rating, V vs H rear?

Yes, you are exactly correct. Price difference for that tire from local distributor was $10. The other thing is the H is only available in 110/90. I will keep the 110/80 for $10 more and just remember to only go fast on front tire  :o

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #116 on: Yesterday at 04:23:06 pm
Well today l got brand new brake calipers Co Royal Enfeild.

Voun

• So far so good ...
  • Scooter
  • 2021 Interceptor
Reply #117 on: Yesterday at 06:26:08 pm
Nothing but checking the tire pressure and go for a drink with Captain Haddock in Moulinsart ...

Blazes Boylan

• Grease Monkey
  • Brooklyn
Reply #118 on: Yesterday at 07:01:37 pm
Nothing but checking the tire pressure and go for a drink with Captain Haddock in Moulinsart ...

I have no trouble seeing Tintin on that bike.

Voun

• So far so good ...
  • Scooter
  • 2021 Interceptor
Reply #119 on: Yesterday at 10:22:58 pm
 ;)

Jon_98

• Scooter
Reply #120 on: Today at 01:03:32 am
Installed a 16 tooth front sprocket and small rear luggage rack on my '20 Ravishing Red INT650. Moto camping coming up!
When you reach a fork in the road, take it.

Martz64

• Scooter
Reply #121 on: Today at 01:07:44 am
Replaced the factory air filter cover with Hitchcocks' alloy jobby. A 15 quid no brainer. Very happy with the outcome.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #122 on: Today at 03:23:46 pm
Well l cleaned mine four hours after 6 months of hard winter riding nearly killed me, still not as clean as l would like it, so l will have a break for a few weeks, with polishing the alloy and getting the tar off the bike l think about 3 days to go, l am so knackered.