Author Topic: RE C500 - Touring seat and pillion - Review  (Read 48 times)

asleepatwheel

• Scooter
on: February 21, 2021, 07:10:58 am
This forum doesn't have a lot of feedback - but just wanted to review my recent upgrade.

I find my hands go numb riding, and along with gel gloves I wanted to upgrade my seat and passenger pillion to the RE Touring models. Their site goes into detail about the 'mesh' weave and how it distributes weight etc.

I'm in Asia, and contacted 3 different RE stores in various countries around me, as well as the main RE website asking where I could buy these and officially (after a month) never got a response from any of them. This is par for the course for RE.. Worst customer service I've experienced - hands down. But am in love with their bikes!

Anyway, lots of sellers on ebay, mostly from India - but I wanted genuine parts (wanted that magical mesh).. So ended up buying from Hitchcocks in UK and shipping it over. Shipping wasn't cheap - the two seats and shipping cost somewhere around $280 USD..

Seats have a great diamond pattern, and some nice eye candy to add to the bike. It was a bit of a pain to swap them out, but I was putting a leather tank bib on at the same time - so it all worked out.

After a week of riding I can safely say I feel no difference what-so-ever from the stock seats to the newer ones. My GF says the same. No additional comfortable on short rides, and we did a few 3hr runs with the same sore butt / lower back. Literally, when you put them side by side and compare.. Same same.

Wish RE had just said we're selling a diamond version of the seat and then that's all I would have expected.

On the upside, I now have two spare seats to play with, I might try to find someone to put in a gel insert and do some custom leather covers for them.

But if your looking for a 'comfort' upgrade (over a visual one) - skip the Touring seats.
:)