Author Topic: 1957 RE 700cc Indian  (Read 461 times)

texfer

• Road Star Rebel
  • Scooter
  • If it is supposed to run, i can make it happen.
on: December 29, 2020, 11:43:42 am
For Sale Or Parts. 1957 Apache 700cc. I have a Clear Negotiable Texas title for the bike. It is obvious previous owners customized the bike over the years. However there does NOT appear to have been any modifications to the frame. The forks were replaced with what I believe to be Kawasaki. I have a large number of parts receipts for parts on the bike as well as many new in original packaging. This is probably not a restoration project. Rather an awesome platform for a trick custom. Whitworth tool kit included.
I am new to the Forum venue so i may be slow to respond but will do so as time permits. I can be reached via e-mail @ charlescoleferriss@gmail.com
Charles Cole Ferriss
1-692-304-3390
Charlescoleferriss@gmail.com

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 02:55:34 pm
You might like to post some pictures here of the Indian (as an attachment to the message, probably easiest), then potential buyers can decide for themselves whether it IS still a restoration project or an awesome platform thingy!  ;)

Also some idea of how many $$$ you want for it might stir up some interest.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

texfer

• Road Star Rebel
  • Scooter
Reply #2 on: December 29, 2020, 04:33:11 pm
I am trying to figure out how to upload pics. The value of the bike is a mystery as I have been unsuccessful at locating similar model for sale or sold via my usual internet search ability.
Charles Cole Ferriss
1-692-304-3390

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 07:54:24 pm
When you post a message the text box opens for you to type in your words of wisdom, immediately below that is a white + sign in a black circle and the words Attachments and other options. That is a link, click on it.

Some other links open up, but you will see the word Attach: appear, below which is a grey box with the word Browse... in it. Click on that, and you can go to the directory on your device where the relevant pictures are stored, and add up to four of them there.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

texfer

• Road Star Rebel
  • Scooter
Reply #4 on: December 30, 2020, 10:45:27 am
Here We Go
Charles Cole Ferriss
1-692-304-3390

texfer

• Road Star Rebel
  • Scooter
Reply #5 on: December 30, 2020, 10:46:31 am
Left Side, More Pics and complete inventory of associated items coming soon
Charles Cole Ferriss
1-692-304-3390

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 02:32:12 pm
Thanks Charles!

A quick look at your pictures suggests that this IS a viable project for a proper restoration, replacements for the custom or missing parts are still available.

I'm in the UK so regrettably I can't take this one on (garage is full, anyway), but I hope one of the forum members more local to you will now be in touch, if they want a classic project.

A.

texfer

• Road Star Rebel
  • Scooter
Reply #7 on: December 30, 2020, 02:33:50 pm
I appreciate your enthusiasm. I have not researched this bike at all. Will inventory this week.
Charles Cole Ferriss
1-692-304-3390

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: December 30, 2020, 09:03:24 pm
I have taken the liberty of uploading your pictures to a photo hosting web site, they're easier to see.

You can binge-watch the restoration of an Indian Trailblazer (your has the Trailblazer rear fender, the Apache was different) here.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-f-b3vlEx-zqxyjEpq-6_mnVLtPa3Pkj

A.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Laissez le bon temps rouler! Fresno, CA
Reply #9 on: December 31, 2020, 06:51:49 am
Nice forks! - Maybe Cerianis? OEM? Brake plate seems to fit up well. Looks like some sort of electronic pick-up for the sparks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 06:54:18 am by AzCal Retred »
A brace of 1999 Bullets: 1 Red Deluxe, 1 Green Standard. Also, 1 wee orphan 1956 Fire Arrow project.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: December 31, 2020, 10:45:56 am
The seller says he thinks that's a Kawasaki front end, see the original post. The factory set-up would have been the stock RE leading axle forks with the double-sided 6" front drum. The Lucas SR2 mag was commonly fitted, though it does appear to have had some sort of electronic conversion.

I will never understand why someone wanted to take an attractive motorcycle and fit an ugly kit.

A.

texfer

• Road Star Rebel
  • Scooter
Reply #11 on: December 31, 2020, 11:41:59 am
I recently acquired this unit in current state. Ran and rode before electronic ignition integration. The hardware has been fitted, however the wiring has yet to be completed. All original ignition components are present and in working condition. Will be completing a full audit of the unit and additional items included.
Charles Cole Ferriss
1-692-304-3390

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: December 31, 2020, 05:53:19 pm
If you end up getting this motorcycle into the hands of someone who will appreciate it, that's good. The fact that the previous owner did at least manage not to chop the frame is a big plus.

A.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Laissez le bon temps rouler! Fresno, CA
Reply #13 on: December 31, 2020, 08:33:32 pm
Did you arrive at a suggested price yet?
A brace of 1999 Bullets: 1 Red Deluxe, 1 Green Standard. Also, 1 wee orphan 1956 Fire Arrow project.

texfer

• Road Star Rebel
  • Scooter
Reply #14 on: January 04, 2021, 01:00:29 am
I have yet to audit full contents.
Charles Cole Ferriss
1-692-304-3390