Author Topic: C500 upgrading rear shocks  (Read 230 times)

asleepatwheel

• Scooter
on: December 24, 2020, 01:30:47 pm
Thinking about upgrading the rear shocks as will be doing some touring with GF and some full panniers. The roads here can be pretty bumpy and lots of speedbumps. Would like as soft/smooth a ride as I can get - esp during the break in period.

Any advice on best shocks to go for?

Also, while I"m at it - would a front fork upgrade kit make much of a difference? Suggestions?

Thanks!

grey pegasus

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 10:24:21 am
I installed Hagon rear shocks on my C5.
You may install and forget them - no comparison to the factory-installed shocks.
There are many sources for Hagons available.

I would suggest :
https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/accessory-shop/rear-shock-absorbers-enclosed-springs/14481
Sometimes it is better to give the impression of incompetence by remaining silent than to finally dispel any doubts about it by talking
(Abraham Lincoln)

Geezer

• Neophyte
Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 03:40:57 pm
I upgraded the rear shocks on my 2009 G5 to Hagons, and they make a tremendous difference in terms of ride comfort and handling.  I actually contacted Hagon directly, having gone through their USA distributor's web page at which I learned that they are no longer a domestic distributor.  I went through several rounds of emails and even a couple of phone calls to make sure that I could make the best combination of what I wanted and what would work.  Touch base with them about your weight, bike model, riding style and characteristics, and what you want in a shock, and they will customize them for you within their parameters and get them to you in a hurry.  This is the best comfort/handling mod that I have made to my bike so far.  Their customer service and communications are superb.  The quality is top-notch, and obvious as soon as you handle one.

Farmer_John

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: January 19, 2021, 12:23:37 am
If you want US Service, Mike Selman at bellacorse.com is a good choice.  Primarily a modern Triumph twins seller, he lists the whole Hagon range and is damned easy to deal with (and admittedly a friend).
"It's not what you know, it's how well you reference what you don't"

"Ain't no hill too high for a mountain climber"

Words to succeed by...