Author Topic: Bullet A350 Machismo kill switch issue  (Read 280 times)

soulforge

• Bulleteer
on: November 25, 2020, 07:29:52 am
Hullo Friends!
It has been a long time since I posted something but I have an issue that popped up which needs your advice.
I have with me a Bullet A350 Machismo kick start CDI version that recently changed its main harness. For switch modules, I am using the metal type uno minda controls.
It as a capacitor(500975/a) and resistor(500974/B) that I hopefully connected properly. 
The RH module ON/OFF switch has one gray and one black wire but the main harness currently installed does not have any connectors for these thus I am wondering where to connect them to.
At first, I thought it to be simple and had the RH module wires connected to the ignition key wires but to my surprise, the engine starts when the RH module is at OFF and dies when at ON.
I reversed the connected colours but the result remained the same.
And to be honest, I am not sure if this is the place to locate it at all.
Since this model had never been officially imported here I cannot get a wiring diagram nor was my search online successful.
I did find some 350 diagrams but none which had the kill switch drawn into it.

Might I ask your advice or support?
Thanks a million in advance.
AJS Distributor
Former Royal Enfield Distributor
Belstaff Distributor
Barbour International Dealer
Former Chairman of REOCK (RE Owner's Club Korea)
2019 Interceptor 650
2012 Bullet 500 EFI
2008 American Deluxe (AVL)
1994 Triumph Bonneville
1983 Harley Davidson Electra Glide
1969 Indian Chief

soulforge

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 10:11:05 am
Found some typos thus corrected them. :-)

Hullo Friends!
It has been a long time since I posted something but I have an issue that popped up which needs your advice.
I have with me a Bullet A350 Machismo kick start CDI version that recently changed its main harness. For switch modules, I am using the metal type uno minda controls.
It has a capacitor(500975/a) and resistor(500974/B) that I hopefully connected properly. 
The RH module ON/OFF switch has one gray and one black wire but the main harness currently installed does not have any connectors for these thus I am wondering where to connect them to.
At first, I thought it to be simple and had the RH module wires connected to the ignition key wires but to my surprise, the engine starts when the RH module is at OFF and dies when at ON.
I reversed the connected colours but the result remained the same.
And to be honest, I am not sure if this is the place to locate it at all.
Since this model had never been officially imported here I cannot get a wiring diagram nor was my search online successful.
I did find some 350 diagrams but none which had the kill switch drawn into it.

Might I ask your advice or support?
Thanks a million in advance.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 10:13:30 am by soulforge »
AJS Distributor
Belstaff Distributor
2019 Interceptor 650
2012 Bullet 500 EFI
1994 Triumph Bonneville
1969 Indian Chief

Paul W

• Grease Monkey
  • 350 Bullet Electra (Indian home market).
Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 10:27:14 am
I have edition 3/04 of the Watsonian Squire workshop manual with a wiring diagram titled 12v, AC, DC (with CDI).

It shows an engine stop switch but it’s connected to a red/black wire running from the ignition switch. The red black goes to the blue wire at the CDI unit. The other wire connects to a black wire running to earth. The only grey wire on the diagram is for the lighting circuit. If it helps I’ll try to copy the diagram and post it.
Paul W.

soulforge

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 10:50:48 am
Thank you very much.
I will await the copy.
However your words do give me a concern as I had already tried wiring the gray wire of the RH module to the red/black wire and the black wire of the RH module to earth.
Its result was as I had written before.
The engine starts at OFF and dies when ON. haha..
Now I am getting a real headache.
AJS Distributor
Belstaff Distributor
2019 Interceptor 650
2012 Bullet 500 EFI
1994 Triumph Bonneville
1969 Indian Chief

Paul W

• Grease Monkey
  • 350 Bullet Electra (Indian home market).
Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 11:17:57 am
Here you go (copyright Watsonian Squire):

Hope this is of use!

Paul W.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 11:31:13 am
This is clearer!

I have already replied to your private message, but here is a schematic for the ignition circuit only.

Briefly, the kill switch on the right hand side of the handlebar is an on-off switch if it's the standard Minda AC/DC switch gear, not an earth/ground switch. Wire it in between the RED/BLACK wire from the main ignition switch and the BLUE wire to tthe CDI unit.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...