Author Topic: First service bliss  (Read 102 times)

Ruuntje

• Scooter
on: November 21, 2020, 10:19:52 pm
Picked up the bike from the dealer today after it had its first service.
It's almost like a different bike! It feels faster, smoother, and sounds much better, too. Very obvious and very pleasant surprise.
I guess this is normal? I've been gentle with it during the first 600kms, or so, as requested by both dealer and manual.
Drove it around for an hour or so in cold miserable November rain here in NL today.
Felt good to push it a little.
Since they've reduced the max speed limit here in the country to 100km/h this is more than bike enough for here, and for me.

Also got the small engine guards from RE fitted during the service. Looks great!

Getting cold out there, though. Two seasons here: Warm and wet, and cold and wet. We're now unfortunately in the latter. Brrr.

oldphart

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 04:32:11 am
Congrats on the first service.
I can't say mine felt much different but it was probably happier to begin with - afterall, that's the point of a first service, to clean it out and to set everything to proper spec.

You'll notice it getting stronger and faster and smoother, even sounding more mellow as you put on the miles. Mine really leapt forward at the 1,500 km mark.
Grandpa Slow

2019 Himalayan.

Ruuntje

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 10:26:34 pm
Two seasons here: Warm and wet, and cold and wet. We're now unfortunately in the latter. Brrr.

Uh... Seems they got the forecast wrong. Beautiful weather today. Great ride!