Author Topic: What's a good way to sell an old Bullet?  (Read 206 times)

Stanley

• Grease Monkey
on: November 18, 2020, 05:38:56 pm
Time to hang it up.
The last bike I parted with was given to my favorite charity. It fetched such a low price I decided to sell my last bike myself for them. Craigslist seems sketchy these days. What would be the best way to sell my 2000 Bullet? It's a RH shift fettled with the usual mods.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 06:39:41 pm
Sorry to hear you feel it's time to hang up your spurs. Hope you'll still check in here from time to time. I always enjoy your posts.

If you wanted better chances of it going to a good home, some photos, details and an asking price right here might do the trick. We also have a "Wanted" section of the Forum, so one supposes a "Wanted: Good Home for a 2000 Bullet" listing there might work too.

You're in Southern California, right? So your "riding season" is a whole lot less proscribed than in even moderately chillier climes like mine, where it's simply far harder to sell a bike in winter.

I got my 2005 "Military" off of Craigslist a few years back, so it isn't all THAT sketchy if you keep your wits about you...no sketchier than eBay, Cycle Trader, or any other venue, I'd guess. Accept only cash in hand with no test rides until then, and all should be well.

Whichever venue you choose, for fullest exposure you might do well to also ask David Blasco to include it in his "Royal Enfields for Sale" section of his blog at https://royal-enfields.blogspot.com/ (best viewed on desktop or laptop computer or by choosing "Desktop site" display option on phone or other device).

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 07:05:11 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India.

Legal enough to pass muster if they don't look too closely in Woodbridge, Virginia, where the buses don't run at night, holidays or weekends

Stanley

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 07:08:07 pm
Thanks Bill, I think I'll do just that.
I've loved riding most of my life but my low blood pressure seems to increase the earth's gravity. ;)
So Cal riding season for me is whenever it's under 100 degrees.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 07:12:42 pm by Stanley »

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 08:39:52 pm
Well somebody on here might want it!

You profile says you're in SoCal, so that just needs your asking price, then anyone in the SW can decide whether they want it. If no takers, then go with B.M.'s advice.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Stanley

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 09:25:07 pm
I'll take some photos and post here before going with CL since I dread explaining the bike to... well let's admit it, normal people.  ;) The bike is in Escondido a mile or two from the original Stone Brewery.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Laissez le bon temps rouler! Fresno, CA
Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 11:01:57 pm
Post it here. I have a Sikh acquaintance I'm trying to get back on two wheels. - ACR -
A brace of 1999 Bullets: 1 Red Deluxe, 1 Green Standard. Also, 1 wee orphan 1956 Fire Arrow project.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 11:32:46 am
I dread explaining the bike to... well let's admit it, normal people.

Not much danger of finding any of those here, I believe!  :)

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Stanley

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 09:11:24 pm
Thanks, all. I posted some pics in Wanted with some info.