Author Topic: Meteor 350 launch video  (Read 2178 times)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #45 on: November 16, 2020, 08:58:59 pm
Seems a prudent time to imbibe a tasty & germ-killing mixture! I'd like to try the "Crystal Skull Onyx" myself, but the $55 per 750ml is off putting. I'm sticking with low-buck Armagnac and Bushmills for now.

That Crystal Head hooch is from Dan Aykroyd's distillery, right? He was recently plugging it on Joe Rogan's podcast. A tad pricey for my taste, but he really talked it up as being some truly top-shelf brain damage worth the hit. But hey, if Bushmills and Armagnac are your "bargain" fallbacks, your liver's already being pampered by stuff a notch or three higher up the food chain than my default Clan MacGregor rotgut, which I basically buy just 'cause it matches the name of my sailboat's manufacturer, where I keep it on board for "anchor down time" along with apricot brandy that the wife enjoys and some kind of Mexican coffee liqueur all tucked neatly into a fancy little "Executive" brand portable travelling bar case kit from the late '50s or early '60s. Otherwise I rarely touch the harder stuff nowadays.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India.

(Legal enough to pass muster if they don't look too closely in Woodbridge, Virginia, where the buses don't run at night, holidays or weekends and I'm a contender for 'Village Idiot')

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Laissez le bon temps rouler! Fresno, CA
Reply #46 on: November 17, 2020, 12:40:18 am
   Armagnac is a bit more fragrant than Cognac, goes well in a cuppa hot tea on a cold day. There are the wallet buster grades, then everyman grades for about $20-$25. The Bushmills is a nod to a fallen coworkers preference. Like yourself, my days of crawling wobbily thru the pine duff trying to find my keys and truck are far behind. But a little dollop in your tea on a cold day or occasional snifter whilst overlooking the garden of an evening never hurt anyone, eh?
   MacGregor certainly makes a nice user friendly ragboat; I'll bet Virginia provides some nice cruising weekends. Good on ya!

And yet another 350 video, 3 days old:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp1OeV51FX0

Looks sprightly enough in traffic, didn't overheat in the jams.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 01:18:42 am by AzCal Retred »
A brace of 1999 Bullets: 1 Red Deluxe, 1 Green Standard. Also, 1 wee orphan 1956 Fire Arrow project.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #47 on: November 17, 2020, 10:34:32 am
Are you somehow stuck in the Sweden/Denmark/Norway/Finland Hell-on-Earth? Should we try to crowdfund an escape plan for you? Is railing against some Swedish Corporate Oligarchy going to facilitate that escape to a better place or get you on a re-education camp checklist? Or can we get back to more motorcycle-ish related business on topics that are possibly more productive?

That's actually a good joke. Save your money. The only way I would enter the place is with an unconsealed shotgun backed with an small army of actual SS boots. Than again there is "NOTHiNG" in those places worth a cent.
"Proles and Animals are free"
"Ignorance is strength"

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #48 on: November 17, 2020, 04:38:50 pm
 Maybe via Danish Uber?  8)
A brace of 1999 Bullets: 1 Red Deluxe, 1 Green Standard. Also, 1 wee orphan 1956 Fire Arrow project.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #49 on: November 17, 2020, 05:02:29 pm
The Nimbus would need a world class tuning to make it and the Katana would need to be razor sharp.  ::)
"Ignorance is strength"

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #50 on: November 17, 2020, 05:24:18 pm
At the IOM Vintage race I met a nice couple that had ridden their Nimbus down from Sweden. It was truly impressive to see so many vintage bikes that were actually ridden to the event. A long way from the "Trailer Queen" strategy we use in the USA. One jocky-sized wag in full leathers was traveling on an old fully-faired 125cc Suzuki quasi-GP racer looking machine. The IOM roads (aka racecourse) are open most of the day during the event. That nimble wee beastie must have been a real joy to ride around the course. I was looking for a Grom or suchlike to rent, but no joy.

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: November 17, 2020, 06:00:47 pm
Just don't give a Katana to any modern Swedish, they suffer from Stockholm syndrome and will land up cutting their own tits off. ::)
"Ignorance is strength"

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #52 on: November 17, 2020, 06:07:09 pm
"Ten thousand Swedes ran through the weeds, chased by one Norwegian..."

And I believe the Uber pilotess is Danish...modern?

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #53 on: November 17, 2020, 06:12:54 pm
"Ten thousand Swedes ran through the weeds, chased by one Norwegian..."

And I believe the Uber pilotess is Danish...modern?

It's just a picture, it looks cool.   8)

Motor has no power and the Katana has no sharpness to it I bet.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 06:20:58 pm by derottone »
"Ignorance is strength"

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #54 on: November 18, 2020, 10:28:39 am
...you would need an whole army of Nimbus riding, Katana swinging Ubers to fix the swedish Nobel society.  ;D
"Ignorance is strength"