Author Topic: can't edit my posts  (Read 2116 times)

Dr Mayhem

• Grease Monkey
on: August 03, 2020, 03:42:39 pm
As of late the edit icon on my posts has been randomly missing  :(
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:10:43 am by Bilgemaster »
Guy
19 Conti GT in Dr Mayhem paint 08/24/2019
06 HD Street Bob
04 Buell XB12S Lightning

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 11:27:06 pm
Yeah...a while back we had a user upset by something or other who then commenced rampaging through deleting ALL his past posts, which naturally threw many threads into cryptic disarray. In response, the Admins at the time restricted editing or deletion of one's posts to one hour. There was an announcement of this change at the time.

Since then, I've joined the Mod Squad, largely to lend my size 11½ boot to the occasional "roach stomp" that is spammer control. But I think I can also edit others' posts, though I'd likely never presume to do so unbidden. Still, if that past post of yours is really keeping you up at night, shoot me a PM with a link to the specific post, along with whatever changes you'd like made to it or whether you'd prefer it deleted outright, and I'll see what my newly-acquired super powers can do for you. OK?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:11:02 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Enfield Pro

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 01:13:43 am
Bilgemaster you have all the power at your fingertips but remain humble, very impressive. If it were me everyone would pay the toll.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:11:23 am by Bilgemaster »
Tim
2009 G5 Military W/Sidecar
USCA #9136
REOC Member

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 02:15:06 am
Bilgemaster you have all the power at your fingertips but remain humble, very impressive. If it were me everyone would pay the toll.  ;D

It's easy to be humble when you're me. Despite the wholly unearned "Grand Gearhead" and now "Global Moderator" titles, along with my now big blue balls in my user blurb, do you remember "Riverdance"? Well, when the scammers and pester-bots crawl into our midst, I'm just the auxiliary helper monkey seen here stage left, just out of frame...

"Stomp! Stompety-stomp! Stomp! Stomp!"
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:07:07 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Dr Mayhem

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 11:50:53 pm
Yeah...a while back we had a user upset by something or other who then commenced rampaging through deleting ALL his past posts, which naturally threw many threads into cryptic disarray. In response, the Admins at the time restricted editing or deletion of one's posts to one hour. There was an announcement of this change at the time.

Since then, I've joined the Mod Squad, largely to lend my size 11½ boot to the occasional "roach stomp" that is spammer control. But I think I can also edit others' posts, though I'd likely never presume to do so unbidden. Still, if that past post of yours is really keeping you up at night, shoot me a PM with a link to the specific post, along with whatever changes you'd like made to it or whether you'd prefer it deleted outright, and I'll see what my newly-acquired super powers can do for you. OK?

Nothing hugely important, just wanted to change the calculator link at the top of this thread   https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/index.php?topic=27506.msg314991#msg314991  with this one   https://www.gearingcommander.com/   as the old one appears dead now. Pretty sure this calculator is the same one but with a name change and useful updates

Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 12:10:09 am by Bilgemaster »
Guy
19 Conti GT in Dr Mayhem paint 08/24/2019
06 HD Street Bob
04 Buell XB12S Lightning

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 12:05:55 am
Done! Thanks for the updated tip!

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #6 on: August 08, 2020, 06:28:55 am
Thank You, Sir!  8)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.