Author Topic: Carberry vibration reduction plate  (Read 1548 times)

derottone

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 08:54:38 am
I've tested it, can't say anything negative about it. Worked as advertised, however the effect was rather small and if I wanted an totally smooth engine I would have bought one with an counterbalancer in the first place. Therefore I removed it from my bike.

...and more cylinders.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 09:35:22 am by Joe_535i »
"Proles and Animals are free"
"Ignorance is strength"

WillW

• Grand Gearhead
  • ~ it's about the ride ~
Reply #16 on: August 02, 2020, 09:40:20 am
I've had one on for a couple of years - 2010 G5 with Hitchcocks 535 conversion. My bike was never a shaker, but there was a really unpleasant vibration up my spine when I straightened my back while riding. With the Carberry plate fitted this no longer happens. It was worth fitting for this alone.
I wouldn't say there's much difference otherwise, but as I said, my bike never had a vibration problem, apart from the spine thing when I was trying to be more disciplined about my tendency to slouch.
2010 Royal Enfield 535 Electra (G5) DeLuxe  -  fully Hitchcocked
2008 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic

Taurim

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: December 27, 2020, 02:40:21 pm
I installed one in my CGT 535 recently which was a shaker, almost unusable over 4500 RPM. I already lost my licence plate, the plastic cap of the rear light and some rear light bulbs...

The Carberry plate made a HUGE difference. Now I have only some gentle vibration at any RPM up to 6000 (tuned engine now), the horrible shake is gone  :D

But I noticed something. When I removed the magnetic rotor, this one got out with almost no torque set on the extractor nut !
I used an impact wrench for reassembly.

Do you think that an improper seating of the rotor on the conical end of the crankshaft may be the initial cause of the shake ?

I don't know what was the cause of the shake but I'm really enjoying my tuned engine now  :)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #18 on: December 27, 2020, 04:27:09 pm
Could have been the loose rotor.

Reviews of the Carberry plate have been mixed.

Home of the Fireball 535 !

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: December 28, 2020, 01:07:00 pm
I’ve pulled the nut off the rotor and stator with my handy powered air drive. The air drive gun was silly overkill.
ACE Motors - sales & administration