Author Topic: Thunderbird 350cc - parts  (Read 554 times)

Valery

• Scooter
on: July 07, 2020, 08:58:23 am
Hi RE community,

I'm in need of parts for my bike, thunderbird 350cc year 2013. Unfortunately the dealer closed down and another took over but deals only with classic model and parts. so I'm wondering if anyone could help to get a genuine seller online, or whether parts from classic can be used instead.

- I need to replace fork oil seal front left, rocker kit, starter clutch, rear mud guard
- Got an issue with the front brakes - when I brake, it's like the wheel gets "hick up", the mechanic said it was the disc so I changed, but after a month it started again, in fact the brakes are not smooth, it like "press release, press release" feeling
- The side stand bolt seems to be loose and the bike leans too much
- Anybody knows if we can buy ready made covers for the seats, waterproof if possible

Would really appreciate some help, can't rely on the dealer here (Mauritius), and RE official site is clearly of no help at all

Thanks  :)

Valery

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #1 on: July 07, 2020, 03:22:35 pm
Parts:
https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/

Check the run out of your new brake disk. It is possible you have a cheap disk that warped after awhile. Also check the disk mount for run out or on a truing block. If a mount lug is off a bit it could cause the disk to warp eventually. If needed, parts available from Hitchcocks, above.

Tighten or replace the sidestand bolt.
The RE does normally have an excessive lean on the stand. One fix is to install an appliance leveling fixture on the flat of the stand. Another is to find an adjustable stand (E-Bay or Amazon).
Waterproof seat covers:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/saddlemen-seat-rain-covers?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIho_mkau76gIVnD6tBh36fQzQEAQYAiABEgIihfD_BwE
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 11:24:15 pm
Hitchcock's cover mostly the official UK imported models as well as older UK built RE motorcycles. The Thunderbird models were never official UK imports though, so their parts stock for these could be patchy.

Your best bet is to get a parts book for your motorcycle and cross reference the part numbers with the models that WERE imported in the UK and check these against Hitchcocks' on-line parts books or enter the part number in their web sites search function.

Fortunately the parts you want may be the same as or at least interchangeable with those fitted 500cc EFI Electra/C5/B5 models.

A.

Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Valery

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 11:58:41 am
Parts:
https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/

Check the run out of your new brake disk. It is possible you have a cheap disk that warped after awhile. Also check the disk mount for run out or on a truing block. If a mount lug is off a bit it could cause the disk to warp eventually. If needed, parts available from Hitchcocks, above.

Tighten or replace the sidestand bolt.
The RE does normally have an excessive lean on the stand. One fix is to install an appliance leveling fixture on the flat of the stand. Another is to find an adjustable stand (E-Bay or Amazon).
Waterproof seat covers:
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/saddlemen-seat-rain-covers?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIho_mkau76gIVnD6tBh36fQzQEAQYAiABEgIihfD_BwE

Thanks Heloego, will check that :)

Valery

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 12:04:22 pm
Hitchcock's cover mostly the official UK imported models as well as older UK built RE motorcycles. The Thunderbird models were never official UK imports though, so their parts stock for these could be patchy.

Your best bet is to get a parts book for your motorcycle and cross reference the part numbers with the models that WERE imported in the UK and check these against Hitchcocks' on-line parts books or enter the part number in their web sites search function.

Fortunately the parts you want may be the same as or at least interchangeable with those fitted 500cc EFI Electra/C5/B5 models.

A.

Unfortunately, the dealer who took over the brand here can't get bothered, I will have to dismantle then take the parts there for them to compare and if they are not well I'll be doomed!! But any way thanks Adrian

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 12:28:47 pm
The parts that ARE interchangeable with the 500 EFI Bullets can be ordered from the UK, otherwise, as the Thunderbird is (mostly) an Indian home market model, you should be able to get replacement parts directly from India. I would suggest, if you haven't already done so, to contact Lalli Singh:

Inder Motors
1740-A/55(basement) Hari Singh Nalwa Street,
Abdul Aziz Road,
Karol Bagh,
New Delhi 110005
India
Phone:91-11-28750869,
          91-11-28758579

Fax:91-11-25755812,
      91-11-25781052

E-mail:lallisingh@vsnl.com

Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Valery

• Scooter
Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 03:36:50 pm
Thanks for the contact Adrian, I will try this one. Got a contact number for enfield county in india, and they were supposed to send prices but till now nothing.

Regards

Valery
The parts that ARE interchangeable with the 500 EFI Bullets can be ordered from the UK, otherwise, as the Thunderbird is (mostly) an Indian home market model, you should be able to get replacement parts directly from India. I would suggest, if you haven't already done so, to contact Lalli Singh:

Inder Motors
1740-A/55(basement) Hari Singh Nalwa Street,
Abdul Aziz Road,
Karol Bagh,
New Delhi 110005
India
Phone:91-11-28750869,
          91-11-28758579

Fax:91-11-25755812,
      91-11-25781052

E-mail:lallisingh@vsnl.com