Author Topic: RE Thunderbird SPEEDO - HIT AND RUN  (Read 195 times)

Gus1997

• Neophyte
on: March 21, 2020, 12:54:37 pm
Last week I was hit and run on my way to work. A hatchback made an illegal U-turn in stopped traffic as I was legally filtering and hit me hard. I landed in the two oncoming lanes of traffic with my bike on top of me. The car slowly completed the U-turn. A witness ran and helped get the bike off of me before cars got to me and when we got up the car had sped off.

The bike was damaged and I need replacement parts. But the only part I'm desperate to find is the SPEEDOMETER.

The bike is a 2007 Royal Enfield Thunderbird. I love that bike. We still haven't caught the person who did this.

Please if anyone has any information or knows of anywhere I can find this part - or one very similar - then please let me know.

Thank you all.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 03:04:39 pm
Sorry to hear of your spill. I presume you may be in India, since I do not believe any of those 2007 AVL-engined "Thunderbird" models were exported to the States as such. One also cannot find a Parts Book for that model in our Forum host, Hitchcocks' online offerings. So, I suppose they never made it to Britain either. Accordingly, it's been a bit of a challenge identifying the correct part number for the speedo set for your particular year and model. I understand that later "Thunderbirds" had the UCE engine, possibly with a different speedo and tacho assembly, though maybe not.

However, if yours resembles the one below, then perhaps the original Royal Enfield part number 594634 is what you should be searching for in the local versions of online services like eBay or Amazon.

If you are indeed in India, then you might also try contacting:

Royal Enfield County/AE Spares
A90, Block A, Rampuri, Surya Nagar, Ghaziabad, UP, India-201011
Tel.: +9196509 09348
Email: info@enfieldcountyspares.com

They appear to be selling that Part Number 594634 internationally. I have bought various items from them in the past via eBay and have always been satisfied.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 03:33:05 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India.

Gus1997

• Neophyte
Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 08:53:44 pm
Thank you so much for the reply.

I am actually in London, UK.

That is exactly the same part I'm pretty sure.

Had troubles finding it anywhere in London so far. Expecting to export if anyone has it elsewhere.

Thank you

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 09:24:19 pm
eBay from an Indian vendor is probably your best bet pricewise. The link below looks like it might be the cheapest, and that link will likely resolve just fine for the UK. I buy Canadian-linked eBay stuff here in the States all the time, and it just adjusts the currency. I've never used this particular vendor, but its feedback is tip-top at 100% and there's plenty of it.

https://www.ebay.com/c/16031347227

Good luck and be safe, my man. I should have guessed you were in the UK from your use of the term "filtering". Here in the Land of the Plastic Spork we call it "lane splitting".
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 09:36:23 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 10:14:45 pm
Gus,

is THIS your speedo?

£66 + postage and VAT.

https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/33257

Another good source of Indian Bullet parts in the UK is Henry Price down in Gloucestershire, particularly if Hitchcocks' haven't got what you need. He's quite clued up on Indian home market models.

http://www.pricepartmotorcycles.co.uk/

01454 261798

There was a UK market RE from 2007, the Electra-XS, which had the same style speedo and rev counter as the AVL Thunderbird if that's any help.

A.

Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...