Author Topic: 'The Book Of The Royal Enfield' (1941) on eBay  (Read 2339 times)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
on: November 02, 2019, 10:28:12 pm
Just a "heads up" for my cobwebbier vintage brethren: Currently on eBay there's an item titled, 'The Book of the Royal Enfield' (1941) by R.E. Ryder, part of the Pitman's Motor Cyclists Library  series, Book B5878. It's got a 'Buy It Now' price of $24.99 plus $4.95 shipping.

This seems to be an original British 4th edition (1941) of the Pitman's publication, 'The Book of The Royal Enfield' covering the repair and maintenance of all Royal Enfield models made between 1934 and 1941. Includes Models: Z, X, A, B, C, L, LF. K, T, S, S2, G, G2 Deluxe, H, J2, KX, SF, CO, 250 Bullet, 350 Bullet, and 500 Bullet. This particular edition has an appendix which includes a special section on "War-Time Regulations" that might be of special  interest to those here who like those WWII-era rides.

Modern reprints of this book are also readily available here and there for about the same price, but I figured this one might be interesting for someone here who wanted an original. I only stumbled across it on eBay because the seller had misspelled "Enfield" as "Endfield" in the listing title. I search such likely misspellings from time to time on eBay, because if nobody else can find an auction, that's where you'll often find real bargains.

Just for future ready reference that won't disappear with its eBay listing once it's sold, I'm attaching copies of the eBay seller's photos to this and the very next posting in this thread in order to bypass the Forum's four attachment per post limit.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 11:04:43 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 10:30:10 pm
More pix...
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 08:07:49 am
I have the 1961 version written by W.G.Haycraft. I thought that was old!

Frank