Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 874815 times)

Mad4Bullets

• Bulleteer
  • 2014 Classic 500
Reply #7815 on: November 03, 2019, 07:47:23 PM
I fixed my battery trickle charging system. In typical Classic 500 style, the intense vibration at the battery's negative terminal sheared the charger's ring lug in half like a hot knife through butter.  This sort of thing happens so often it's become laughable. How boring it must be to own a bike that's not trying to self-destruct via its own vibes. Try as she may to push me away it simply won't work. I still love my girl. Never underestimate the therapeutic power of wrenching on your own bike.

Ove

• Neophyte
Reply #7816 on: November 03, 2019, 10:45:42 PM
It's been nagging at me that the dealer didnt touch the oil strainer at the first service. So, 500 miles further on, I've done a second change. Minor iron filings on the drain magnet, the oil still looked light golden and the strainer was almost completely clear, apart from a tiny amount of fibres. Looked like lint fibres. Cant work out what it was?

Still getting used to the oil sight window. Filled it to the top notch, left it for a cuppa. In the same position when I came back, so started it up, ran it for a couple of minutes. Checked the level, no oil  ???  Put about 1/4 litre in and it was fine again and not wavered after running it again.  All while not moving the bike on the centre stand.

They seem to have their own personality!

Got myself a canvas bag, big enough for a dry-sack full of waterproofs and a tool roll for extra tools & bits. Attached it to the side of the mudguard top rack (no rear seat), added a canvas strap to prevent it getting anywhere near the tyre. Very pleased with it. A nice day, just fiddling, with a 30 mile ride thrown in. Perfect!