Author Topic: New home(s) for UCE parts  (Read 291 times)

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
on: October 29, 2019, 03:02:17 PM
Making room on the shelves... I've got some leftover stuff from my 2011 B5, and also some leftover "project" parts that never got used.  Some I'd just like to get shipping for, others will be for sale.  If anyone is interested in any of this stuff, please shoot me an email using the little "envelope" button below my avatar, on the left.  I work odd days and hours, so be patient if I don't reply right away.

Chain adjusters - the micro-adjustable ones that replaced the clamshell adjusters.  Apparently fits any UCE model.

Front fender - SOLD.

Fork tubes - black, brand new, perfect condition.  Fits B5 and also presumably C5.

B5 Fuel tank - used, some minor exterior condition issues, no dents, pristine interior.  With old-style screw-on metal wing badges.  Old style mount with bolt-through front flange.  Presumably fits 2011 B5, but the front flange is too wide - I had to stack washers on each side between the tank flange and frame when mounting.  Not sure which models it will or won't fit well.

Headlight - old 5-and-a-something inch adjustable unit, if anyone prefers that style.

OEM turn signal housings - wiring removed, so I'll probably just junk these, unless anyone wants OEM replacement housings or lenses...

Luggage rack - for a B5 - or Iron Barrel Bullet, perhaps - with the two-up seat removed, obviously!  Good condition, includes an unused removable pillion pad so serves double duty.

Windscreen - a bar-mount Memphis Shades "Demon" (style 2210), clear.  Used, but in excellent condition.  All mounting hardware including additional extra-long struts.

Some old-style RE decals... water-transfer, I think...

Self-tapping sump plug - you know the one... unused, bought it in case of emergency.

"Tulip" or "Cocktail Shaker" silencer.  From India.  Unused.  There's a mesh baffling cylinder inside, but you can see straight through the silencer from end to end, so it's fairly free-flowing and probably not super-quiet.  Some of the welding isn't the best, but the chrome is good, no Enfield OEM silver exhaust paint anywhere.  Includes a small heat shield and clamps.

Engine - Some of you may recall, a number of years ago I bought a "spare" project engine of unknown provenance from off the shelves of CMW.  It turned out to be an early G5 engine, with the squared-off rocker covers and the appropriate engine side covers.  I stripped it down in order to determine what its issues might have been, and to examine the transmission and make sure the gear recall wasn't an issue (it wasn't - there's proper bushings in all gears), but I never used it otherwise.  It appears virtually unused, and everything looks to be in great shape - except for a small amount of play in the crankshaft timing-side bearing, which may be why it was shelved.  Packing it complete would be a hassle, and shipping it would be expensive, so I was thinking of parting it out - but if somebody wants the whole thing...

I've also got some extra gaskets... for the two-fastener G5 oil filter covers, and some right- and left-side engine cover gaskets... I'd probably just include them if anyone buys the engine, or the appropriate parts...

« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 01:01:07 AM by mattsz »

Bmadd34

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 11:13:33 AM
Sent you an email.
When Life hands you lemons, Squeeze them in his eyes and take his wallet.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 03:07:16 PM

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 11:04:26 PM
I have a request... if you contact me with an interest in any of these parts, and I reply, please let me know if you get my reply.  Even if it's to tell me to f*** off; at least I'll know we're communicating...

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 12:59:17 AM
Front fender sold.  I'll edit the original post as items get claimed...
« Last Edit: November 05, 2019, 01:01:30 AM by mattsz »