Author Topic: ABS or Not?  (Read 281 times)

Dr Mayhem

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: October 12, 2019, 05:07:10 PM
I don't know anything specifically about the Himalayan anti-lock brakes, but with the 650 twins on dirt you can see in the dirt how the brakes are being momentarily applied, 6-7 times per tires revolution and you do come to a full stop while staying hard on the brakes
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 05:09:29 PM by Dr Mayhem »
Guy

19 Conti GT in Dr Mayhem paint 08/24/2019
06 HD Street Bob
04 Buell XB12S Lightning

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: October 13, 2019, 12:43:52 AM
   Good stuff boys.     So my take is ...

If you are hard core off roader and or racer and you hate the government telling you that you have to have it .... ABS sucks !  Hahaha !  ;)

For most everyone else ... in particular with these bikes , which are not really dirt bikes and will spend most time of the time on hard pavement.... it's a good thing.

An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

ody04

• Neophyte
Reply #17 on: October 14, 2019, 04:18:28 PM
I feel ABS is must if you are planning to drive on tarmac, yesterday I went for a ride in norcal mountains with lot of twists and turns. In one of the corners which is almost like a u turn suddenly a car crossed the line and came straight in to as I was leaning already at about 40miles speed with out ABS I would have certainly crashed. Bike performed beautifully in mountain roads handling is a breeze. Gravel roads I am yet to try. Will update once I have done that.

Dr Mayhem

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 07:10:15 PM
I feel ABS is must if you are planning to drive on tarmac, yesterday I went for a ride in norcal mountains with lot of twists and turns. In one of the corners which is almost like a u turn suddenly a car crossed the line and came straight in to as I was leaning already at about 40miles speed with out ABS I would have certainly crashed. Bike performed beautifully in mountain roads handling is a breeze. Gravel roads I am yet to try. Will update once I have done that.

So you applied too much brake and momentarily lost traction, is this correct? Which tire was it? Do you remember exactly what you felt the bike/tire do at that instant?
Guy

19 Conti GT in Dr Mayhem paint 08/24/2019
06 HD Street Bob
04 Buell XB12S Lightning