Author Topic: Royal Enfield 500  (Read 9230 times)

Senvexus

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: July 02, 2020, 08:55:22 am
Roya Enfield 500 is a stylish bike. It looks bigger like a lion. Riding on royal Enfield is very very joyful. I am very thankful for this forum to share my feelings. Thank you.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Laissez le bon temps rouler! Fresno, CA
Reply #16 on: September 02, 2020, 12:03:49 am
Eagle56 - I have a stock '99 4 speed Bullet and get a lot of satisfaction out of it. The only "mods" to mine are the cone-style K&N and reconversion back to right-hand shift - gets rid of 10 pounds of sloppy, quirky linkage. Kept relatively stock (22ish BHP) we all agree they're 55-60 MPH machines. Put about $2500 in parts into one and it's a whole 'nother game, maybe 35-38 BHP and still with good reliability. ACE has polished his 535 Fireball conversion to a high gloss. A "Fireballed" engine, the Indian 5 speed, and the factory disc-brake front end and you'd really have something special. - ACR -
A brace of 1999 Bullets: 1 Red Deluxe, 1 Green Standard. Also, 1 wee orphan 1956 Fire Arrow project.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: March 25, 2021, 10:17:57 pm
They have an association with old Brit singles, yes you can run them flat out but your bottom end will drop out for sure, they were all like that.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #18 on: March 25, 2021, 11:19:11 pm
I still have no idea where the original poster resides, but his use of "motorway" makes me guess perhaps in Britain? Maybe  India? Wherever he or she is, whether for fast highways, freeways, interstates or "the motorway", the smartest Royal Enfield to get for that sort of faster riding (65+ mph or 100+ kph) on a regular basis, barring significant and costly expert modifications, would clearly be one of their new 650s. They would require nothing but a sensible and proper breaking-in period to routinely handle such speeds and more with no fuss whatsoever. And I offer that sincere advice even as a longstanding fan of the Bullet.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 11:51:04 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India.

(Legal enough to pass muster if they don't look too closely in Woodbridge, Virginia, where the buses don't run at night, holidays or weekends and I'm a contender for 'Village Idiot')