Author Topic: Modification to make my GT535 go twice as fast for 160 English pounds (195 usd)  (Read 970 times)

Nasher

• Scooter
Having owned my GT535 for over 5 years, I finally got round to making a massive improvement

I got rid of those horrible looking yellow shock absorbers, with those even worse gold fixtures and fittings

As a result the bike is now much faster, handles better, does more (s)miles per gallon and, most importantly looks way better :) 

Now, I may be exaggerating about all but the 'looks way better' but I wished I'd done it when I first bought it!

Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but the original shocks looked totally out of place on a retro motorcycle

For those of a technical nature, they are Hagon road shocks and perform about the same, or slightly better, than the originals but on the Enfield it's all about the looks...... ;)

« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 12:41:53 pm by Nasher »

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Hagon are quite nice shocks. You can get them build especially for your bike and your weight. For a decent price.
www.enfieldtech.de
Harley CVO EGlide, Boss Hoss 502, BMW 1200 RT, Harley Panhead , Harley Davidson &Marlboro Man Bike BD2, Royal Enfield Trials, KTM EXC 500. And some more.

Nasher

• Scooter
Hagon are quite nice shocks. You can get them build especially for your bike and your weight. For a decent price.

Yes, I ordered them online and they called me to dicuss my weight, pillion requirements, etc. and made them to the required specifications

Well pleased with their service and the shocks and all for less than my weekly state pension!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 01:28:17 pm by Nasher »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.