Author Topic: Has anybody put a lycett pillion seat onto a stock c5 pillion seat frame  (Read 234 times)

dinomartino1

• Scooter
Has anybody put a lycett pillion seat onto a stock c5 pillion seat frame, the stock C5 pillion seat bolt on frame has two flat tabs on the back that you could drill holes into for the rear springs and you could use the flat bar in the middle that already has two holes or drill new holes for the front springs, I don't have a lycett pillion seat to mock up so I don't know if the springs would line up doing that or if there would be enough clearance between the seats if using a lycett saddle on the front.

bthtony55?

• Neophyte
This is my first post.
I am in the process of making something my wife can actually sit on as the std pillion seat is like a brick. So I can understand why you want to change it.

I have made the base out of 12mm plywood and bolted it to the original subframe. I am also going to fit a mounting plate on the back for my Givi top box. I will get a local upholsterer to cover the seat. I will post some pictures as I go.

I know this is not a sprung saddle but it will be a darn site better than the Enfields effort.
Regards Tony

Relic

• Scooter
Yes I fitted a Lycette pillion seat to the Classic pillion frame. The attached photo is of my last Classic, and I kept both seats when I bought the new 500 last year. Currently I just have the front saddle on my bike, with a different leather cover.

It was straightforward lining up the springs and drilling the pillion frame where necessary. From memory I added flat washers under the frame to spread the load.

I'll get the pillion out this weekend and take some photos of the underside for you.
2021 Classic 500

bthtony55?

• Neophyte
This is my first post.
I am in the process of making something my wife can actually sit on as the std pillion seat is like a brick. So I can understand why you want to change it.

I have made the base out of 12mm plywood and bolted it to the original subframe. I am also going to fit a mounting plate on the back for my Givi top box. I will get a local upholsterer to cover the seat. I will post some pictures as I go.

I know this is not a sprung saddle but it will be a darn site better than the Enfields effort.
Regards Tony

Not sure how to add any pictures, sorry

Rad Rich

• Scooter
Nice looking job!

Relic

• Scooter
Here are a some of photos of the pillion seat and how I attached the Lycette saddle to the Classic pillion frame.
I hope this helps.
2021 Classic 500

dinomartino1

• Scooter
Here are a some of photos of the pillion seat and how I attached the Lycette saddle to the Classic pillion frame.
I hope this helps.
Thats just what I needed to see, it looks like you could put it on the stock seat assembly without using brackets by drilling the back tabs and it would move the pillon more forward.