Author Topic: Braced Handlebars?  (Read 1670 times)

AK Mike

• Scooter
on: January 16, 2020, 03:26:13 am
Was wondering if any of you have fitted the heavier and braced handlebars offered by RE?  They are supposed to be heavier aluminum, and they appear wider.  Are they any taller as well?  Wonder if this is a worthwhile upgrade.

Dantheman

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 06:08:45 pm
I think the genuine Himalayan braced bars are similar in height to the standard setup, but as you say they are wider. They are very nice looking, the only consideration for me would be if I hand guards fitted and if these would still fit.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 09:34:10 pm
Handlebars are highly individual things. The crossbar mitigates fatigue cracking at the mount point, but unless you do a lot of stand up trail the crossbar isn't critical - often it gets in the way. Aluminum deadend vibration a bit, CrMo has better cyclic cracking resistance. Buy bars for their fit to YOU!
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

oldphart

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: July 07, 2020, 04:42:20 am
Wait until you bend yours, then fit Renthal bars - stronger, wider and you can choose higher if you want.
Grandpa Slow

2021 Classic 500

AK Mike

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: July 07, 2020, 05:08:58 pm
Wait until you bend yours, then fit Renthal bars - stronger, wider and you can choose higher if you want.
Can you give me an example of exactly which model bars would be the ones to get?  And how high can I go with the stock cables? 

oldphart

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: July 08, 2020, 10:52:05 am
Can you give me an example of exactly which model bars would be the ones to get?  And how high can I go with the stock cables?
I can't give specific answers mate, I'm just going by the Australian Himalayan facebook page and the users who've made the change.
Grandpa Slow

2021 Classic 500