Author Topic: New Owner Electra X  (Read 1002 times)

max96

• Neophyte
on: September 22, 2023, 04:05:24 pm
New member, luv this forum and all the information shared by everyone.   

Grabbed an ’06 Electra X with 1200 miles on it from my buddy in August, he grabbed it with 600 miles on it back in April.  Bike appears to have sat outside most of its life yet its not in bad shape.  Have been sorting out all the small stuff, so far so good. 

Have many bikes in the stable from big Harleys to old Honda twins.  There is something about this Enfield that has me riding the local backroads often with a grin.  :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 04:41:34 pm by max96 »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #1 on: September 22, 2023, 05:10:06 pm
Welcome to The Hoard of the Archaic! ;D ;D

You likely have the best of the best there, 5-speed, disc brake, gear driven oil pump, crank triggered ignition, electric start. Enjoy your trip back to 1935 era motorcycling!

These fuel tanks are prone to internal rust, so a 10 micron inline fuel filter keeps the red dust out of the carburettor, a cheap pre-emptive strike.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Paul W

• Grand Gearhead
  • 350 Bullet Electra (Indian home market).
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2023, 05:22:11 pm
Looks like a very nice bike. I always prefer to buy “last of the line” models because they are often very good machines and undervalued by the followers of fashion.

My 350 iron barrelled Bullet Electra home market model is a good example, although initially it did have some issues, such as a soft exhaust valve seat.
Paul W.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #3 on: September 23, 2023, 02:20:32 pm
Looks like a stock bike, unmodified. Are you keeping it that way or do you have plans?

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

max96

• Neophyte
Reply #4 on: September 23, 2023, 04:22:09 pm
Ahh... red dust, seen it when cleaning the petcock while I was patching rust holes in bottom of tank.  Yep, fuel filter is on there, no issues so far. 

Bike is staying bone stock, its just fine for me the way it is with the leaking head gasket, false neutral shifts, etc.  ;)  Only thing I want to change is the seat, after 30 min or so it hurts, maybe a sheepskin pad or similar may help. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 04:25:31 pm by max96 »

Paul W

• Grand Gearhead
  • 350 Bullet Electra (Indian home market).
Reply #5 on: September 23, 2023, 08:16:57 pm
I’ve been thinking about a more comfortable seat for mine. I occasionally needed to give my rear end a rest by standing on the footrests today, during my 120 mile ride.
Paul W.