Author Topic: My New Ride-The 650 Interceptor/2nd time Around!  (Read 36372 times)

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #135 on: February 19, 2020, 10:07:39 pm
from what I can source out they appear to have just the odd old stock here in oz like 016 plated bikes at the dealers so they may have stopped importing them.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #136 on: February 19, 2020, 11:39:41 pm
I think I will go and check out the grom-if its any good today might be the day.
aust now has the fuel injected abs Himalayan for $7500 -that's only $500 more than the carby I had earlier on.
I might...…. ;D

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #137 on: February 22, 2020, 07:32:45 am
do I want a new honda grom?

https://youtu.be/2VkRF2rwSzo

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #138 on: February 22, 2020, 11:35:40 am
do I want a new honda grom?

https://youtu.be/2VkRF2rwSzo

Your gal seemed to like that Grom, so there's that to consider.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #139 on: February 23, 2020, 02:05:03 am
yep I suppose your right. either way its just a matter of time before I buy either another one or two new bikes. meanwhile I have purchased more add on for the interceptor so once they arrive -more clips coming.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #140 on: February 25, 2020, 04:57:25 am

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #141 on: February 27, 2020, 05:14:28 am
thought about a few different bikes including the new release or newer release here in OZ- Himalayan with f/I and abs
in the end and after watching numerous reviews I decided to go for the much lighter honda crf 250l
although 2 years back I did buy the rally version it was too big and I didn't like it at all. this one appears more like it.
just waiting now for it to be road registered and I can pay the dealer and get out and try it out

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #142 on: February 28, 2020, 07:26:32 am
new bike collected today
https://youtu.be/78VpJnEv2ec

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #143 on: February 28, 2020, 10:27:23 pm
new bike collected today
https://youtu.be/78VpJnEv2ec
Congratulations on the new bike! Looks like tons of fun!

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #144 on: February 29, 2020, 08:49:26 am
thanks-had it out today and did an easy 90 mile or 150kl run on in. sealed and unsealed road conditions and it appears to run pretty good for 250cc ;D

jhark37

• Bulleteer
Reply #145 on: February 29, 2020, 06:52:32 pm
thanks-had it out today and did an easy 90 mile or 150kl run on in. sealed and unsealed road conditions and it appears to run pretty good for 250cc ;D

That new Honda looks like fun.  Will you be doing a youtube riding impression on another site, or could you just provide a link?  Also, what quad/drone are you using for your aerial videos?  May be another interest we have in common.

Thanks, John

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #146 on: February 29, 2020, 11:42:34 pm
That new Honda looks like fun.  Will you be doing a youtube riding impression on another site, or could you just provide a link?  Also, what quad/drone are you using for your aerial videos?  May be another interest we have in common.

Thanks, John

I've been meaning to ask the same thing. I know nothing about drones but for the last few weeks I have been watching reviews. Mostly the Mavic Mini because it is the size of my phone and easy to carry. So far no registration nonsense either at 249g.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #147 on: March 01, 2020, 12:19:14 am
yeah the crf250l I think is better to ride than the rally version I had when it was release 2 years back. still thinking on the grom too- I have till tomorrow to decide there.
I've had 3 dromes to date. one very expensive at over $2000 but wasn't game to fly it  ;D so moved it out. that unit was capable of following a rider at 70 kph
next I bought the dji spark -put it up in the air and for a first old timer -a lot going on there - it does have the follow me function but again bit involved to use.
while I had this unit I saw pre-releases of the mavic mini. sold the spark and pre-ordered this unit. that is what I use now.
this is pretty easy to use and has good range although I have not flown it far from the launch site.
at the time I bought basic kit as only one available but I would recommend you buy the fly more combo kit
main reason extra batteries and charger etc via power cable unlike my kit via usb which takes roughly 3 hours to charge battery.
picture quality very good at 1080p and I look at all clips on a 80inch tv so nothing wrong with this unit.
it does not do a follow me function and if you want that -go for the next in line spark.
now to the crunch. would I recommend it-well I am not selling or doing a youtube clip on it just giving an honest opinion unlike those other guys with various products.
its a really easy to use fun product which works well and will give you great enjoyment for a very little $$$ outlay.
sure there are things it wont do but if that is a problem -just open the wallet further and go higher up the market.....lol
yes I do recommend this drone and I think its money well spent for what is a very easy to use product compared to buying the very best and being overwhelmed by the technology and unable or too scared to use it
in my case better to loose $600 than $2000 plus. picture quality will be pretty close anyway!

« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 12:23:40 am by wildbill »

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #148 on: March 04, 2020, 04:22:46 am
quality oil cooler/radiator guard fitting clip

https://youtu.be/6wLjt6muI00

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #149 on: March 04, 2020, 08:41:29 am
On a more serious note Australia is fast running out of the good old toilet paper and at the moment it's more a buyers frenzy here. it's actually pretty hard to get the wipe outs and as of late today the local stores are virtually running on empty or just plain wiped out.! I may have to forget about another bike or the add on accessories too and just chase down a quick carton of the illusive 2/4 ply golden glory.
Never witnessed anything like this before. If I had stock piled the heavy stuff a few weeks earlier -today I would be on what others would call here-ona roll! ;D