Author Topic: What did you do to your RE Continental GT today?  (Read 390966 times)

RedCGT

• Scooter
Reply #720 on: November 23, 2017, 05:18:32 pm
I finished roughing out how I want my CGT to look. Still some work to be done and some refinements. Then all I'll need is a Fireball head.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #721 on: December 15, 2017, 07:55:18 pm
I received an H4 LED bulb. It won't use 60/55 watts. When the temps get up a bit, I'll even see if it can fit in the nacelle! Fortunately, it has a wire to the plug socket, not a straight line.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/motorcycle-led-bulbs/motorcycle-led-headlight-conversion-kit-h4-led-headlight-bulb-conversion-kit-with-compact-heat-sink/3930/8566/
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #722 on: December 20, 2017, 12:30:47 am
  Tonight at 6 PM, 55 degrees F, I did a test ride with the SuperLED bulb. My light is a 7", with the dongle removed. That's the one that lets me turn the light off with the switch on the right handle bar pod. There was enough room in the light for the bulb, cooler, wire and three wire plug to fit in and close up.
  The alternator warning light stopped coming on. It used to come on at idle at stops. It never once came on, even with the high beam on. Probably because this bulb uses 18.6 watts of power.
  I could really see stuff. I will have to lower the angle on the nacelle. I was lighting up trees where they have grown over the road. It's a whiter light too.
  Next, I will lower the aim to get a better idea of what the new bulb is doing. So far, the light looks improved and there is no more alternator warning.
  I will try to match up the rear light with an LED and see if that can be improved too.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 12:44:38 am by Guaire »

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #723 on: January 12, 2018, 01:29:15 am
Yesterday I charged batteries of the whole fleet. All AGMs.
  Today I got out for a short ride. The idle quickly settled into a 1k rhythm. Running so nicely. Back in the garage I turned my new LED H4 upside down from what I had. Low beam is supposed to be aimed low right?! Dropped the aim lower.
  I removed the old wire screen from the front of the lens.

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #724 on: January 18, 2018, 01:06:57 pm
Sylvania makes a 1157(or is it the 1156?  I always get those backwards) LED replacement.  I picked one up at Napa and it's worked fine for 3 years now....

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #725 on: January 18, 2018, 02:21:58 pm
I finished roughing out how I want my CGT to look. Still some work to be done and some refinements. Then all I'll need is a Fireball head.

That’s a nice looking GT. Yes, all it needs is a Fireball!

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #726 on: January 21, 2018, 02:03:27 am
I started up. Then I noticed my new LED tail light wasn’t on. I re seated the bulb and it turned on. Then I got out for a short ride. The first place I went was the gas station. The guage was maybe a half tank?! I filled the tank with one gallon. 1.049G. At least I didn’t run out of fuel. When I got back I added a shot of Seafoam.

Low and slow

• Scooter
Reply #727 on: February 07, 2018, 08:33:35 am
Long in planning the time has come to realize.

Got some ball joints with integrated seal, made some custom brackets and addapted some custom rear sets. This should be a nice kit and improve the shifting incl. braking capabilities of the bike to suit my fireball.  :)
Hi there
Would like to know how the rearset brackets were made, where the generic levers were bought?

Kind regards
Don
Australia
From Victoria Australia
Honda cbr 600rr Repsol Edition
Moto Guzzi V7
Excelsior Universal 1947
KTM RC8
Aprilia Shiver 750
Suzuki Boulavard M109R
Royal Enfield Continental GT 535

plogtintin

• Scooter
Reply #728 on: February 08, 2018, 03:46:05 am
Hi Gents,

My name is Tintin from Sweden but currently living and working in Thailand since a couple of years ago.

I have been riding the GT for a 1.5 years now and have done some customization to it. Great thing with Thailand is that there is a big RE custom scene here and the warranty has always been honored even when you start customizing your bike.

I can't find the attachment button for some pictures....
But you can see the bike via these links.

BR,
Tintin
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 07:42:19 am by plogtintin »

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #729 on: February 08, 2018, 02:24:32 pm
Wow, Tintin. Is there a L- ion battery hiding in that little box?

plogtintin

• Scooter
Reply #730 on: February 08, 2018, 03:05:12 pm
Wow, Tintin. Is there a L- ion battery hiding in that little box?

Yes mate :) including the power commander.

chuychacon

• Bulleteer
  • TEAM BANZAI 88
Reply #731 on: February 08, 2018, 03:11:13 pm
wow  beautiful job/ bike
Moto Guzzi Lemans 1980
Kawasaki 750 Twin Cafe 1982
Honda XL 350 older brothers age 18-20
Honda Dream 50cc hand me down age10-14

plogtintin

• Scooter
Reply #732 on: February 08, 2018, 03:36:58 pm
wow  beautiful job/ bike

Thanks. Here are some pictures from 2 weeks ago. RE event in Bangkok.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #733 on: February 08, 2018, 05:51:28 pm
Hi Gents,

My name is Tintin from Sweden but currently living and working in Thailand since a couple of years ago.

I have been riding the GT for a 1.5 years now and have done some customization to it. Great thing with Thailand is that there is a big RE custom scene here and the warranty has always been honored even when you start customizing your bike.

I can't find the attachment button for some pictures....
But you can see the bike via these links.

Tintin

Wow  :) Tintin! I am impressed. That's not my kind of Enfield, fershur, but that thing is gorgeous just to look at and see the work and the inszanouts that are there plus it's also ballsy and horny and gutsy at the same time. It's sort of cafe racer meets urban assault vehicle meets dirt bike meets scrambler. OIG what have I said ??? ??? ??
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #734 on: February 08, 2018, 07:32:19 pm
Yup.  That is one FINE looking scoot, and that Thai license plate makes it look like some kind of alien babe magnet that Captain Kirk might have on Rigel 9, the planet of the inebriated dental hygienists.

Allvarligt är det en vacker motorcykel!
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.