Author Topic: What did you do to your RE Continental GT today?  (Read 385784 times)

Richard Ebersole

• Love my Enfield
  • Scooter
Reply #630 on: June 19, 2017, 08:38:36 pm
Thanks for your advice on the rack...I ttok off those side braces...this weekend I wrapped the exhaust .  love it looks , sounds , and my foot doesn't get as hot ????and I fine tune my EJK ...which I also highly recommend
Ride when I can , modify when I can ????

Richard Ebersole

• Love my Enfield
  • Scooter
Reply #631 on: July 03, 2017, 02:57:04 am
My new seat came in....love it...
Ride when I can , modify when I can ????

KC1961

• Bulleteer
Reply #632 on: July 18, 2017, 01:25:40 pm
Took it for it's longest run yet, 183 miles. Especially enjoyed Aberfeldy to Kinloch Rannoch, perfect RE roads.

mcraigor

• Scooter
Reply #633 on: July 18, 2017, 01:39:47 pm
Oh no Otto!  Those tail lights are extremely tough to find.  Each year and sometimes multiple times a year the tail light assembly was contracted to different manufacturers.  I had the plastic snap where the screw meets the red portion and I had to replace the entire assembly.  They don't sell the red plastic or the metal portion.  You will need to buy the entire assembly unless you are lucky enough to find someone with the exact rear portion.  If you go online there are at least 4 or 5 version or rear GT tail light assemblies.  Some have a flat portion on the bottom, one is more square, one looks like more like homeplate on a baseball field- Pain in the bum

As soon as I resolve more pressing problems that's one item I'm going to modify to get away from the inability to replace the stock setup.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:41:57 pm by mcraigor »

mcraigor

• Scooter
Reply #634 on: July 18, 2017, 01:43:06 pm
My new seat came in....love it...

Cool seat!  What's on the front lower portion of the engine?  oil cooler?

Otto_Ing

Reply #635 on: July 18, 2017, 01:47:53 pm
Oh no Otto!  Those tail lights are extremely tough to find.  Each year and sometimes multiple times a year the tail light assembly was contracted to different manufacturers.  I had the plastic snap where the screw meets the red portion and I had to replace the entire assembly.  They don't sell the red plastic or the metal portion.  You will need to buy the entire assembly unless you are lucky enough to find someone with the exact rear portion.  If you go online there are at least 4 or 5 version or rear GT tail light assemblies.  Some have a flat portion on the bottom, one is more square, one looks like more like homeplate on a baseball field- Pain in the bum

As soon as I resolve more pressing problems that's one item I'm going to modify to get away from the inability to replace the stock setup.

A member of another RE forum sent me his, so it's fixed for now. Nevertheless if this breaks again in some time I ll go the custom way too.

Otto_Ing

Reply #636 on: July 22, 2017, 04:17:14 pm
Took it for a spin with a friend, not sure if I had a little tailwind but it hit easily over 170kmh (106mph), the speedo needle was pointed at the display.  ;D

Or maybe the new piston started moving little freer in there.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 04:45:05 pm by oTTo »

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #637 on: July 22, 2017, 07:32:01 pm
Took it for a spin with a friend, not sure if I had a little tailwind but it hit easily over 170kmh (106mph), the speedo needle was pointed at the display.  ;D

Or maybe the new piston started moving little freer in there.

Wow!
That's really good!

Our speed record for Fireball street machines is 111.2 mph on GPS .  That was the roller rocker Big Head Iron Barrel on the Isle of Shetland.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Otto_Ing

Reply #638 on: July 22, 2017, 07:54:29 pm
Wow!
That's really good!

Our speed record for Fireball street machines is 111.2 mph on GPS .  That was the roller rocker Big Head Iron Barrel on the Isle of Shetland.

She ran really well today. With a fairing on it will likely hit the speed of the isle of shetland bullet or marginally better, but I don't carry gps around very often anymore try to enjoy more the ride instead.   8)

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #639 on: July 23, 2017, 12:04:37 am
She ran really well today. With a fairing on it will likely hit the speed of the isle of shetland bullet or marginally better, but I don't carry gps around very often anymore try to enjoy more the ride instead.   8)

I'm glad that you are enjoying the ride. That means more to me than any hp figure. I wanted the mods to make the bike feel exciting to ride, and meet the needs of real riders in the circumstances that real world riding demands.

Thanks!
Home of the Fireball 535 !

KC1961

• Bulleteer
Reply #640 on: July 23, 2017, 11:57:12 am
Removed the centre stand. Wasn't as heavy as I expected it to be. I had hoped that it would weigh about the same as the Forth Rail Bridge!

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #641 on: July 23, 2017, 02:28:30 pm
Cool seat!  What's on the front lower portion of the engine?  oil cooler?

McR - Good question. It has no cooling fins. I dunno. Maybe an evap canister??? We need to know!
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #642 on: July 23, 2017, 02:50:44 pm

Otto - Do you know anyone who shoot some video of you flying by, starting up, going around a turn?
Cheers,
Bill
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Otto_Ing

Reply #643 on: July 23, 2017, 02:59:31 pm
McR - Good question. It has no cooling fins. I dunno. Maybe an evap canister??? We need to know!

The evap canister.

Otto_Ing

Reply #644 on: July 23, 2017, 03:00:18 pm
Otto - Do you know anyone who shoot some video of you flying by, starting up, going around a turn?
Cheers,
Bill

I'll ask my wife to do it... :)