Author Topic: What did you do to your RE Continental GT today?  (Read 391378 times)

Farmer_John

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #210 on: May 06, 2016, 03:44:42 am
Made some videos,  ;)

1. Shows the mod's done to the bike. Sorry about the music but the little camera's sound was very noisy and I had to put something in there.

https://youtu.be/WbSyjsVGoJI

2. Tried to capture 0-60...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCZfm4aw6FY

3. Fast run on a straight...reaching some 88-89 mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqKRWqvTRMQ

The music makes that first video!  Great tune.
"It's not what you know, it's how well you reference what you don't"

"Ain't no hill too high for a mountain climber"

Words to succeed by...

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #211 on: May 06, 2016, 11:59:55 am
Cool!
 8)
Home of the Fireball 535 !

singhg5

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #212 on: May 06, 2016, 09:21:29 pm
Made some videos,  ;)   

3. Fast run on a straight...reaching some 88-89 mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqKRWqvTRMQ

Very nice :).

Seems there were not too much handlebar vibrations - at least not like mine ;).
1970's Jawa /  Yezdi
2006 Honda Nighthawk
2009 Royal Enfield Black G5

Otto_Ing

Reply #213 on: May 06, 2016, 09:35:49 pm
Very nice :).

Seems there were not too much handlebar vibrations - at least not like mine ;).

I paid today more attention to the shot balls, my conclusion is they work excellent. When I removed my hand from the handle the clutch lever would rattle, with the shot ball - nothing.

The bike is pretty stable at any speeds it can ever reach.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 09:45:36 pm by oTTo »

Otto_Ing

Reply #214 on: May 07, 2016, 07:06:50 pm
Riding all day long ... group of 7 ... no issues to keep up.

...like this Guzzi, she had really good sound and is so nimble that the GT looks almost like a heavy iron comparatively.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 08:57:10 pm by oTTo »

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #215 on: May 07, 2016, 09:17:30 pm
Best run ever with the new air box and new filter. The engine feels better than ever. After start up, just a few minutes to idle at 1000 rpm. After driving the idle is sometimes up to 1200 and steady. Shift point at 4000 felt good. At 60 mph the air lifts my chest so the stress on my wrists is relieved, autobahn style!
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Jellyroll

• Grease Monkey
Reply #216 on: May 09, 2016, 10:25:13 pm
Howdy fellas, first picture post on the forum. I got a GoPro Hero a good while back, and thought I'd make use of it. I'm still having to refer to the cheat card for operating instructions; I know it ain't hard, but I'm used to REAL cameras-SLRs, and not the digital type either, mine use film(dates my old ass). Anyhoo, since I help out my neighbors if and when I can, mow other peoples' lawns, take care of my invalid wife and maintain the meager lifestyle the countrys' leadership has brought us to(another story, another time) I figure I deserve some sort of vacation away from it all. You know, where you can be alone: in the quietude, silently meditating...birds chirping....Once a year I give myself a much needed two days out of reality, and now my GT is a part of it.
  And so, I took a quick shot of the bike in an environment most suited to its heritage, the Cold War era. This is what I do to have fun: Since '08 I've volunteered at this prestigious local event.
  I will say this: Over 18,000 people walked by 'Thumper' and there were many, many photos taken of it.
You Are
What You Do
When It Counts

malky

• Grand Gearhead
  • Team Rough Inferior.
Reply #217 on: May 09, 2016, 10:32:16 pm
Howdy fellas, first picture post on the forum. I got a GoPro Hero a good while back, and thought I'd make use of it. I'm still having to refer to the cheat card for operating instructions; I know it ain't hard, but I'm used to REAL cameras-SLRs, and not the digital type either, mine use film(dates my old ass). Anyhoo, since I help out my neighbors if and when I can, mow other peoples' lawns, take care of my invalid wife and maintain the meager lifestyle the countrys' leadership has brought us to(another story, another time) I figure I deserve some sort of vacation away from it all. You know, where you can be alone: in the quietude, silently meditating...birds chirping....Once a year I give myself a much needed two days out of reality, and now my GT is a part of it.
  And so, I took a quick shot of the bike in an environment most suited to its heritage, the Cold War era. This is what I do to have fun: Since '08 I've volunteered at this prestigious local event.
  I will say this: Over 18,000 people walked by 'Thumper' and there were many, many photos taken of it.
Motorcycles should be on prescription. (Which in Scotland is free)  :)

I was Molly Sugdens bridesmaid.

Spontaneity is the cure for best laid plans.
‘S Rioghal Mo Dhream

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #218 on: May 09, 2016, 11:20:13 pm
Respect to you, jellyroll. That's a lot to take on board. 2 days doesn't seem enough compensation for that commitment. What's the event? Local airshow?
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Jellyroll

• Grease Monkey
Reply #219 on: May 10, 2016, 07:04:53 am
Oh, sorry 'bout that-Yes, the Central Texas Airshow just happened this last weekend. The plane, a MiG-17F (Fresco) flown by David Bell was this years' headliner/poster plane. What an awesome show. I've volunteered at it since 2008, and this year was the shows' 30th Anniversary where any Veteran, active, retiree, or just did a tour got in free as well as their immediate families. For those that dig planes, I shall unashamedly list them here for my own amusement, nyuk-nyuk-nyuk ;
    P-51 Mustang,P-39 Airacobra,P-40 Warhawk,A-26 Invader, PBJ(Navy B-25J)Mitchell Gunship, B-17 Flying Fortress, Westland Lysander, Fouga Magister, Pitcairn Autogyro, T-6 Texan, T-26 Trojan, L19, PT-17, PT-19, Extra 500, Pitts Specials, Matt Younkins' Beech-18, UH-1 Huey, AH-1 Cobra, Cessna Skymaster, the ToraToraTora! show and a Vietnam reenactment, along with Huey rides for 60US and a ride in the B-17 for 400-1400US.
   Back on the GT-I am, and was again, assigned the main ticket entrance and I rode Thumper past the people and through the gate and parked it just inside while I was working. If someone digs bikes they were drawn to it-the first cool thing everyone saw was this bike, and cameras/phones popped out for a shot. The photo above is at the hangar where all the volunteers, pilots, groundcrews and CAF officials gather for a free feed, drink beer, and rub elbows with Aviation Greats. It's also where ALL spectators have to walk by to get to the exit. More admirers came up to look at the bike, as well as the MiG. After the meal/show synopsis we(several of the senior volunteers, me too) cleared out the tables and chairs, swept and mopped the hangar, then the MiG was put inside and tucked in. A freakin' awesome time and not only do I get the bike shown, I get sunburn, hot sweaty sore feet, a free volunteer T shirt and my face stuffed, it's all free; almost like they did this show for me.
Re: the commitment is what it is. I figure that after all the 'bad shit' I've done in my life it was a good idea to get some good karma rolling in, and perhaps by the time I get all corpsified it won't be too bad come Judgement Day. Just hedging my bets.... ;)
You Are
What You Do
When It Counts

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #220 on: May 10, 2016, 09:12:50 am
I dig aeroplanes.... 8)
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

SSdriver

• Grease Monkey
Reply #221 on: May 10, 2016, 06:34:24 pm
Re: the commitment is what it is. I figure that after all the 'bad shit' I've done in my life it was a good idea to get some good karma rolling in, and perhaps by the time I get all corpsified it won't be too bad come Judgement Day. Just hedging my bets....  :)
Jellyroll...I don't know you personally, but I think we could be friends....Jimmy ;)
2014 CGT
Stage One Kit and a bunch of other stuff.
1994 Jag XJS V12 Convertible (and U think the RE has maintenance issues...Ha!)

Jellyroll

• Grease Monkey
Reply #222 on: May 10, 2016, 07:38:55 pm
Jellyroll...I don't know you personally, but I think we could be friends....Jimmy ;)
We already are, brother 8)
You Are
What You Do
When It Counts

Otto_Ing

Reply #223 on: May 12, 2016, 08:06:18 pm
Busy, busy ... not much time for the bike.

Got a bow comming, this is how I hope it to play out.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #224 on: May 12, 2016, 08:11:39 pm
Going to the shop to see the billet progress, and drop off some other heads and parts, on Saturday.
 ;D
Home of the Fireball 535 !