Author Topic: What did you do to your RE Continental GT today?  (Read 390264 times)

DenverGT

• Scooter
Reply #180 on: April 14, 2016, 05:16:18 am
Today I added a 7 inch headlight, the Ace Derottone Big Gulp and I blew the headlight fuse by leaving it all connected and on placing it back in.

For some reason I can't seem to find the fuse box... It has been a long day...

Replaced the fuse and took the bike out to Autozone to get materials for my velocity stack.

Jellyroll

• Grease Monkey
Reply #181 on: April 18, 2016, 10:33:09 pm
As I did for the past several days. I went out to the garage and stared at it for a while, listening to the buckets of rain coming down. :( Then to upset the crappy weather apple cart I micro-adjusted the play in the throttle cables to my liking. Unsatisfied, I grabbed a grease rag, spit on it and ground away the (literally) hundreds of gnats off my headlight glass. Some inconsiderate avian shit on my totally cool seat before I parked it so I scrubbed it off. I checked for oil leaks. I checked my chain slack. I inspected the instrument mounts. I discovered how to adjust the position of my shifter and brake pedal. I checked the brake fluid levels. It's still raining. They say it's going to 'still raining' till Saturday, when the suns' supposed to make an appearance. Right now it's Monday. Cheese and Rice.... >:(
You Are
What You Do
When It Counts

DenverGT

• Scooter
Reply #182 on: April 18, 2016, 10:45:18 pm
As I did for the past several days. I went out to the garage and stared at it for a while, listening to the buckets of rain coming down. :( Then to upset the crappy weather apple cart I micro-adjusted the play in the throttle cables to my liking. Unsatisfied, I grabbed a grease rag, spit on it and ground away the (literally) hundreds of gnats off my headlight glass. Some inconsiderate avian shit on my totally cool seat before I parked it so I scrubbed it off. I checked for oil leaks. I checked my chain slack. I inspected the instrument mounts. I discovered how to adjust the position of my shifter and brake pedal. I checked the brake fluid levels. It's still raining. They say it's going to 'still raining' till Saturday, when the suns' supposed to make an appearance. Right now it's Monday. Cheese and Rice.... >:(

I almost feel bad for you, but it snowed a foot or so here this weekend...

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #183 on: April 18, 2016, 10:48:11 pm

I was wondering how you guys made out.  Usually, I'm the one crying about too much snow...

Farmer_John

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #184 on: April 18, 2016, 11:17:08 pm

I delayed leaving Portland OR for Memphis TN for a day for that storm. Made it to Wyoming yesterday just in time for all the I80 restrictions to be lifted. Got a little snotty around Rawlings and again after Laramie, but at least it wasn't closed.
"It's not what you know, it's how well you reference what you don't"

"Ain't no hill too high for a mountain climber"

Words to succeed by...

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #185 on: April 19, 2016, 12:47:24 am
I did a 230km ride through the twisties with my mate on his 900SS. A great afternoon out  :D
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #186 on: April 19, 2016, 03:15:08 am
I thought fondly of it, while I did 170 mile ride on my ST1300....I did get to ride the GT up the street and back on Saturday though ;D

Jellyroll

• Grease Monkey
Reply #187 on: April 20, 2016, 05:52:45 am
Hah! What do they know, they just guess anyway. The weather broke yesterday afternoon, today was decreasing clouds after heavy fog and dry streets, so I fired her up, rolled across town and got a barbecued chicken, german noodles, fried okra, cucumber salad and banana puddin' and crammed it all into my garbage bag lined ALICE(Army rucksack) and rolled back to the house. One admiring compliment from a feller in the parking lot. Sunshine. Scooter. Barbecue. Good day, Tater 8)
You Are
What You Do
When It Counts

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #188 on: April 21, 2016, 02:11:04 pm
I rode mine 700km to check out a 18km stretch of twisties that came highly recommended. Turned out to be over rated but was a nice day out with a good mate.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

mevocgt

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #189 on: April 21, 2016, 03:26:22 pm
I rode mine 700km to check out a 18km stretch of twisties that came highly recommended. Turned out to be over rated but was a nice day out with a good mate.

It's the journey, not the destination.  Right?  A long ride with a good mate can beat the best roads alone most days.  Glad it was a good day for you!

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #190 on: April 21, 2016, 05:20:39 pm

One day?!?  I hope that 700km was round-trip!

Farmer_John

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #191 on: April 21, 2016, 05:48:19 pm
...I rode her home.  Summer now officially begins.

Words to succeed by...

Otto_Ing

Reply #192 on: April 21, 2016, 06:58:35 pm
The black side panels looking really good.  8)

Farmer_John

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #193 on: April 21, 2016, 07:25:03 pm
The black side panels looking really good.  8)

Thanks, I'm quite happy with that too!  I also installed a Dart flyscreen that I think is a really nicely made piece, with mounting specifically for the GT.  CMW has them!

Words to succeed by...

SSdriver

• Grease Monkey
Reply #194 on: April 21, 2016, 09:18:38 pm
FJ...I like the side panels in black (wouldn't have thought so, till I saw them). I was also visualizing that rear fender in black...it would almost disappear under the red seat, and maybe add a little more vintage profile. Anyone have any thoughts?
...Jimmy
2014 CGT
Stage One Kit and a bunch of other stuff.
1994 Jag XJS V12 Convertible (and U think the RE has maintenance issues...Ha!)