Author Topic: A 16 BHP Sunday Stroll...  (Read 2670 times)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
on: August 07, 2022, 10:38:21 pm
Black Mollie felt like she wanted an excursion today. First to the crik via Watts Valley Road, across to Pittman Hill Rd., then Tollhouse, then Lodge, then old SJ&E Rd. to Old Tollhouse, up Auberry Rd. to Mono Winds for fuel, then back upand along the ridge to Cressmans, then 5 miles down Tollhouse Rd. and back to the barn. A nice 40 mile putt! Lots of 2nd & 3rd gear time, occasionally saw 4th on the downhills. Saw a yearling deer & smelled the flowers.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2022, 10:43:24 pm by AzCal Retred »
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

jaido

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 08:30:47 am
That is the same color scheme I painted on my first RC car!  Love it!

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 12:11:38 pm
Black Mollie felt like she wanted an excursion today. First to the crik via Watts Valley Road, across to Pittman Hill Rd., then Tollhouse, then Lodge, then old SJ&E Rd. to Old Tollhouse, up Auberry Rd. to Mono Winds for fuel, then back upand along the ridge to Cressmans, then 5 miles down Tollhouse Rd. and back to the barn. A nice 40 mile putt! Lots of 2nd & 3rd gear time, occasionally saw 4th on the downhills. Saw a yearling deer & smelled the flowers.

Just curious - in picture 3 Oakland your ammeter is a bit negative. Was your key On, but the engine not started yet?

I miss my rides similar to yours above & am hating winter more than ever this year. Thank god I can still look forward to the first Ruckus Rideout    :)

RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 03:24:33 pm
Engine at slow idle, taking a picture. Charging is iffy there. Days are getting longer - Summer is just around the corner!  ;)
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #4 on: January 24, 2024, 11:44:00 am
Engine at slow idle, taking a picture. Charging is iffy there. Days are getting longer - Summer is just around the corner!  ;)

I start feeling I can see around the corner around my birthday (the 5th of March).
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.