Author Topic: RE 2019 classic 500 desert storm Removing stickers from tank en filterbox.  (Read 1514 times)

Verbeek

• Neophyte
Hello I have a new RE classic 500 desert storm construction year 2019. I want to remove the original stickers from my gas tank and filterbox. I am afraid that I damage the paint from the tank en filterbox. It seems as if a clear coat of paint has been applied over the stickers. Does anybody have experience with this? in other words, can I remove the stickers without damaging my paint?  I know it doesn't cause any problems with older models. I like to hear from someone. Greeting Hans the Netherlands

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Hello I have a new RE classic 500 desert storm construction year 2019. I want to remove the original stickers from my gas tank and filterbox. I am afraid that I damage the paint from the tank en filterbox. It seems as if a clear coat of paint has been applied over the stickers. Does anybody have experience with this? in other words, can I remove the stickers without damaging my paint?  I know it doesn't cause any problems with older models. I like to hear from someone. Greeting Hans the Netherlands

You can't remove any sticker or decal that's under clear coat without taking the clear coat off first. Then you have to get the stickers or decals off with as little damage to the paint as possible. Then you'll end up prepping and repainting the tank and clear coating it.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Dodd

• Scooter
Hi Verbeek
Why do you want to do this so soon after buying your bike.
C.