Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bullet with the UCE engine / Re: B5 Burning oil like no tomorrow.
« Last Post by Handirifle on Today at 04:09:07 am »
Excellent points, hope he figures it out.
Sure @Quest.
I will post here once I get feedback from service center.
My God, super lucky there. + straight through the - connections, direct into the ECU backwards, direct back feed to the fuel pump, probably running in reverse.
How that did not stuff the lot up is beyond me, obviously very quick blow fuses.
Good luck on your trip.
Bullet Iron Barrel / Re: Catastrophic gearbox failure
« Last Post by Yinzer on Today at 02:57:06 am »
I think that dog breaking off was the primary failure...
"BBBrrrrrrrrrrrrmm, Brrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmm." Then it was "BANG! grunchgrunchgrunch.platterplatterplatter."

So that's what it sounds like when that happens  :( ;D
Bullet with the UCE engine / Re: B5 Burning oil like no tomorrow.
« Last Post by zimmemr on Today at 02:56:46 am »
Just a comment from someone that's been there:

A proper compression test can reveal a lot, but an engine with a broken or even no oil ring can still put-up good compression numbers so it's easy to get fooled. I had a customer bring in a Norton Commando that was smoking like a chimney fire and had the mufflers filled with oil. The compression was fine, but there were signs the head and barrel had recently been off. So we questioned the owner and found out he'd tried to save a few bucks and replace the rings on his own. Unfortunately, he'd managed to install the oil ring expander on top of the rings, effectively rendering them useless.

I'll also belabor the obvious and point out that a compression test won't tell you a lot about the valve guides or their seals, (if they use them.)

I'm not saying the OP's issue is a broken oil ring, but I am saying I wouldn't necessarily rule it out even if the compression is in the acceptable range.

If it were me, I'd pull off the muffler and look for signs of oil. If it's using as much as he says and it's not gushering out on the ground it's got to be leaving through the combustion chamber. As a last thought, I don't know how the breathers are plumbed on these bikes, but I've seen plenty of "windy" engines that ran fine and had okay compression and still pressurized the crankcase enough to force oil out the breather and into the inlet tract.

Campfire Talk / Re: ישראל כחזית השלישית
« Last Post by him a layin on Today at 02:04:55 am »
3 abrahamic religions, all based on the same root books, all claiming to be yaweh's chosen people (to the exclusion of everyone else), some by more direct association than others. i don't get it, myself, taoism is as close as i get to actual religion, so none of it really makes much sense to me except to soothe our fear of mortality and justify social hierarchy. some people just need order in their lives i guess.
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Euro 5 Downsides
« Last Post by whippers on Today at 01:57:20 am »
Pretty sure the switch from Bosch ECU to Continental for Euro5 was universal. What makes you think yours is Bosch?
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 01:46:18 am »
These links rather imply that Arab sentiments in the Jerusalem area were pro-Nazi, so AFAIK the Allied deciders gave the Palestinians a biggo thumbs down when they annexed property for a Jewish homeland.
"The problems you make are the problems you create" Firesign Theatre

Israel is (usually) a good resource for the US in the Mid-East where friendly landing strips are few & far between. There's military intel exchange plus there's LOTS of jewish voters in the united States. 
"  i don't know if it's possible or even useful to trace events back to a first offense. "    I couldn't agree more. This +2,000 old year animosity isn't anything new. What fascinates be about it is it's all based around the same basic cast of "bible" characters. Go figure... :P

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/film/hajj-amin-al-husayni-meets-hitler
During the meeting, held in in the Reich chancellery, Hitler declined to grant al-Husayni’s request for a public statement--or a secret but formal treaty--in which Germany would: 1) pledge not to occupy Arab land, 2) recognize Arab striving for independence, and 3) support the “removal” of the proposed Jewish homeland in Palestine. The Führer confirmed that the “struggle against a Jewish homeland in Palestine” would be part of the struggle against the Jews. Hitler stated that: he would “continue the struggle until the complete destruction of Jewish-Communist European empire”; and when the German army was in proximity to the Arab world, Germany would issue “an assurance to the Arab world” that “the hour of liberation was at hand.” It would then be al-Husayni’s “responsibility to unleash the Arab action that he has secretly prepared.” The Führer stated that Germany would not intervene in internal Arab matters and that the only German “goal at that time would be the annihilation of Jewry living in Arab space under the protection of British power.”

https://www.museumoftolerance.com/education/archives-and-reference-library/online-resources/simon-wiesenthal-center-annual-volume-4/annual-4-chapter-17.html

« Last Post by Leofric on Today at 01:35:46 am »
wouldn't it be nice if we could use all this creative energy on things that actually make life better? i hope the day comes when we stop listening to hate-mongering demagogues. i know it won't be in my lifetime, but i can hope, can't i?
Well said , but I doubt it will ever happen. In fact it seems things just keep heading in the opposite direction .
Curious as what the outcome was here? I have the exact same leak in the exact same spot on my 2020 Interceptor with 18,000 miles, two months left on warranty!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10