Author Topic: Find of the day, well sort of..  (Read 1323 times)

Ice

• Hypercafienated
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Ride In Paradise Cabo, Don and Ernie
on: September 21, 2015, 03:17:39 pm
 I got this email form Bill Getty of JRC engineering offering his 40 year personal collection. It is far beyond my means but maybe one of us here could be lucky enough.

Hello everyone. I have determined to clear our entire stock of used parts and project bikes as one lot. You may see the ad below in CL. I just do not have time to re-work used parts or inspect them well enough to sell them with confidence. I have thought long and hard about this and have come to this conclusion with some regret. JRC will concentrate entirely on new and reproduction spares. If you are interested please contact me via email.

Bill Getty
President JRC Engineering Inc.

7000 foot barn full to capacity with used British motorcycles and parts for sale. My 45 year collection is up for grabs with at least 25 parts bikes including 1951 TR5, 1962 TR6, 1947 AJS 500, 1947 Royal Enfield (2), 1973 Trident, 1965 BSA 250,1969 Triumph 250, 1971 Triumph 250, dozens of frames , 100's of wheels, dozens of cylinder heads, dozens of cylinders and cases, dozens of incomplete motors, 1000,s of gears, dozens of fuel tanks, huge stock of Lucas, 100's of Amal carburetors. Norton Commando frame/engine/gearboxes, T150 Trident parts, 1000's of exhaust pipes. The collection begun by a 17 year old enthusiast is for sale by a tired 62 year old. Offers entertained or trade for real estate or other things of value. All or none, don't waste my time or yours. This will take 2 40' trailers and a roll off dumpster to clear. Also have 20 restored bikes to be listed soon.
"

What REaly piqued my interest is the two 1947 Royal Enfields.
If either or both turn out to be of the ten factory works trials bikes, I do not want to know.
No matter where you go, there, you are.