Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Then we can complain about the heat!  No worries Mark, you took us on such a spectacular ride, I did not even notice the temperature. Even kept me pumped up for the ride home.
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Replacement Battery.
« Last Post by martinjowl on Today at 08:05:45 pm »
My 2019 Interceptor is still on its original Exide battery at nearly 20k miles, but I now suspect it’s on its way out. Any UK owners replaced theirs & with what? Looks like it has to be something specific to fit through the available gap.
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Michelin Road Classic tires
« Last Post by martinjowl on Today at 07:55:42 pm »
Got the Michelins on my Interceptor, done a few hundred miles on them now. I feel they suit the Interceptor perfectly. Had a set of BT46 on before. Great tyres, but wasn’t convinced a good match for the Interceptor, much better on a sportier machine. Got 6k miles f&r.
The Pirelli’s did 6k rear & 12k on the original front.
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Question about stock tires
« Last Post by ryguy76 on Today at 07:53:17 pm »
My thought is that your observations make perfect sense. 3000km (1850miles) and third season is just about when one would expect to have "filed away" a lot of information. That frees up mental space for other, more detailed, observations. You are likely also picking up the pace a bit and that exposes tire performance, good or bad. Get some new tires.

In my opinion, using up bad tires is like sitting through the rest of a bad comedy show just because you paid a $5 cover charge.

I’m certainly riding a bit more aggressively now that it’s “broken in” but still on the conservative side.  I’ve mostly noticed the issues riding on 50km/hr roads, not in the twisties which makes me wonder.

I agree with your comedy show analogy and don’t have any issue spending the $$$ on new rubber IF that’s the issue.  I certainly value safety above all else so if upgrading the rubber solves my lack of confidence I’m feeling right now, it’s money well spent as far as I’m concerned.

I just didn’t want to spend the money if the existing tires perhaps aren’t the issue and the problem lies elsewhere being that they might be adequate and still have life in them.

As far as new rubber goes for an upgrade, this a solid choice?

Bridgestone Battlax BT46’s

Rear 140/70/18 (67H)

Front 110/80/18 (58V)

Assuming I’m ok to re-use existing tubes, ya?
looks the same to me...

Ride Safe 🙏🏼

Well that’s me fooled then. Not for the first time 😂😂
Sounds dangerous with all that traffic and city degenerates?  I'll stick to the country roads.
8) Lammy? Country roads? Dangerous city degenerates? ;)
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Question about stock tires
« Last Post by Quest on Today at 07:13:31 pm »
Hey all…

It’s my 3rd season with my Interceptor and I only have just over 3000km on my bike. 

I’ve noticed myself losing confidence in the stock tires and can’t wrap my head around what might have changed.

Imperfections in the road, especially ones that are parallel to the line of travel have always caused my bike to move laterally beneath me in ways that feel similar to turning with tar snakes on the road.  That doesn’t bother me much though.

What has me weirded out is my back tire sometimes feels like it’s kicking out slightly when I accelerate out of a turn. 

Perhaps it’s because there might still be debris on my local roads that hasn’t been swept up by street sweepers yet as it’s still early in the riding season in my area. 

I checked my tire pressure recently and adjusted to 32PSI in the front and 36PSI in the rear to remove that from the equation.

Anything else that could be causing this somewhat new lack of confidence in my stock tires?  Just wondering if swapping the tires is the best strategy or if there might be something else at play here as I don’t really ride that hard so would be a shame to have to replace stock tires before they wear enough to warrant the upgrade.

Thoughts?
My thought is that your observations make perfect sense. 3000km (1850miles) and third season is just about when one would expect to have "filed away" a lot of information. That frees up mental space for other, more detailed, observations. You are likely also picking up the pace a bit and that exposes tire performance, good or bad. Get some new tires.

In my opinion, using up bad tires is like sitting through the rest of a bad comedy show just because you paid a $5 cover charge. 
Sounds dangerous with all that traffic and city degenerates?  I'll stick to the country roads.
I am attending the Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride in NYC in May. Anyone else going or wants to join me?

www.gentlemansride.com

What it Supports : https://www.gentlemansride.com/about/mens-health
NYC Page : https://www.gentlemansride.com/rides/united+states/new+york+city+ny
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Question about stock tires
« Last Post by ryguy76 on Today at 06:45:09 pm »
Hey all…

It’s my 3rd season with my Interceptor and I only have just over 3000km on my bike. 

I’ve noticed myself losing confidence in the stock tires and can’t wrap my head around what might have changed.

Imperfections in the road, especially ones that are parallel to the line of travel have always caused my bike to move laterally beneath me in ways that feel similar to turning with tar snakes on the road.  That doesn’t bother me much though.

What has me weirded out is my back tire sometimes feels like it’s sliding out slightly when I accelerate out of a turn. 

Perhaps it’s because there might still be debris on my local roads that hasn’t been swept up by street sweepers yet as it’s still early in the riding season in my area. 

I checked my tire pressure recently and adjusted to 32PSI in the front and 36PSI in the rear to remove that from the equation.

Anything else that could be causing this somewhat new lack of confidence in my stock tires?  Just wondering if swapping the tires is the best strategy or if there might be something else at play here as I don’t really ride that hard so would be a shame to have to replace stock tires before they wear enough to warrant the upgrade.

Thoughts?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10