Author Topic: What's It Worth? '54 Bullet, Matching Numbers  (Read 3166 times)

nonfiction

• Bulleteer
  • New Bullet Owner/Longtime Bike Guy
Reply #15 on: March 05, 2021, 12:03:24 am
Bullet Whisperer, that red trail bike is pretty darned inspiring. Just about as elemental a motorbike as you're ever gonna find. Love it. Thank you for posting your thoughts as well.

I'll report more when I've seen the '54 here in Seattle.

Bullet Whisperer

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: March 05, 2021, 09:37:51 am
Bullet Whisperer, that red trail bike is pretty darned inspiring. Just about as elemental a motorbike as you're ever gonna find. Love it. Thank you for posting your thoughts as well.

I'll report more when I've seen the '54 here in Seattle.
Thank you! While digging around among my You Tube videos, I managed to find a clip of a short ride on it ...

https://youtu.be/okP2JGjV9fc

B.W.

nonfiction

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: March 05, 2021, 03:54:44 pm
"You've got to remember to be home before dark..."

Love it! Thank you for sharing.

nonfiction

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: March 11, 2021, 06:39:19 pm
I went and met the owner of that '54 Bullet last evening. It's just one of a whole fleet of really interesting old Brit iron. Mainly BSA and AJS/Matchless singles and twins, some in museum condition. The Enfield is definitely the runt of the litter, but it's no less lovely for it.

I'm unlikely to buy the bike from him, but he did offer me the ride if I want to 'compete' on it at the Vintage Trials event at the LeMay Marymount Motorcycle Days (https://lemaymarymount.org/product/lemay-motorcycle-days-2/) upcoming (local trash collection baron built world-class car/motorcycle collection and holds annual events).

Was sort of thinking to ride my Indian Bullet in that, though not sure they'd let me, it being 'pretend old' and all, so this works out pretty well. I get the fun part of ownership, with fewer of the hassles or expenses! Of course, there will have to be some garage time, getting to know my new buddy (and the guy that owns it!), as we work to tie the swapped-in front wheel in tight (seems to be off something Spanish), or maybe put a different front end on; dude's got a bunch of Ceriani bits lying around that might work. He's built and run a number of trials-ish bikes.

I'm excited!

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #19 on: March 12, 2021, 01:28:36 am
Nonfiction - what a great opportunity! Your PatrĂ³n is I'm certain happy to see a fellow enthusiast appreciate & enjoy something he appreciated. Ceriani's were the gold standard. Sort the front brake, fork oil weight and spring rate if you can before the meet. Shoot some pictures of the ongoing transmogrification, OK?  :)
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...