Author Topic: 1965 250GT Continental Rebuild  (Read 3033 times)

Auldgit

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: January 16, 2024, 12:43:45 pm
not sure if you are on facebook??? but there is a group on there dedicated to the 250s.  It is the old yahoo group.  Brian

Been looking for this site on Facebook but without success. Any idea what its handle is? Or name of group? Not very familiar with Facebook so struggling a bit...!

BritPete

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: January 16, 2024, 01:51:14 pm
Been looking for this site on Facebook but without success. Any idea what its handle is? Or name of group? Not very familiar with Facebook so struggling a bit...!

I found the group and you need to request to join it - I did and had no reply - I then messaged the owners and still no reply so I am thinking it is defunct

Auldgit

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: January 16, 2024, 02:43:28 pm
Thanks for letting me know. Maybe didn't get enough support? Anyway that explains why I can't find it... difficult to know where to go for the best info and advice for these 250s. The owners club doesn't seem to have a functioning forum either which is a surprise.

BritPete

• Scooter
Reply #18 on: January 16, 2024, 03:11:12 pm
Thanks for letting me know. Maybe didn't get enough support? Anyway that explains why I can't find it... difficult to know where to go for the best info and advice for these 250s. The owners club doesn't seem to have a functioning forum either which is a surprise.
I had some interactions with the UK RE Owners Club late last year when I was looking for information on the dealer my GT250 was shipped to, basically to get info you have to join, not sure that is right for me as I have classic Triumph, BSA, Honda and Puch plus modern RE

I wonder what is behind the Members Area :  https://www.royalenfield.org.uk/

Is there anything specific you are looking for?

Auldgit

• Scooter
Reply #19 on: January 16, 2024, 04:12:03 pm
In answer to your question, not a lot behind the paywall tbh. Bit disappointing. I've had 43 years of Moto Guzzis and their site is very useful. Good forum and lots of tech info.

No not looking for anything specific at the moment, early days, just finding my way around a Britsh bike again, first one since 1979...

Cheers Peter

Auldgit

• Scooter
Reply #20 on: January 16, 2024, 04:14:29 pm
Correction-- the only thing I'm looking for at the moment is a way to get the bike onto the centre stand without causing my back to rebel....

BritPete

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: January 16, 2024, 06:55:05 pm
Correction-- the only thing I'm looking for at the moment is a way to get the bike onto the centre stand without causing my back to rebel....
Centre stands are a pain - my BSA C15 is a nightmare and very heavy to get onto the centre stand. My Triumph (21) 3TA is an absolute doddle - be interesting when I get the GT250 back together.

Luckily the BSA has a side stand for when I am out.

The GT250 does not come with a side stand and I suspect the Crusader did not but  either RE or a 3rd party made a side stand that does attach to the 250 frames. I have one in the Garage that came with the GT250, it is cleaned up and under coated but will need to wait til the spring to be 2 pack sprayed

Let me know if you want any further info

Auldgit

• Scooter
Reply #22 on: January 16, 2024, 09:13:14 pm
Cheers. I'm sure I will as time goes on. AG