Author Topic: SU on an IronBarrel or AVL  (Read 955 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
on: August 04, 2020, 07:34:36 pm
      Anybody know of anybody who's mated an SU with an IronBarrel or an AVL?
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 12:13:12 pm
      Anybody know of anybody who's mated an SU with an IronBarrel or an AVL?

Bad idea. Never mind :) I just like the look of them. Had two or three cars in the '60s with dual SUs and once I learned how to tune and balance them, I loved them. Also had 2 friends "back in the day" with SUs on shovelheads, a '67 & a '79 80 inch. They were both one-kickers not that that has ANYthing to do with Enfields  :) :)
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 02:16:19 pm
You no doubt red Paul W's post on your other SU thread. Fine for two to four cylinders, it seems.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...