Author Topic: Replaced Solenoid/Relay at starter, just a few more issues....  (Read 2540 times)

dgurovich

• Danilo Gurovich
  • Scooter
  • Shift on the right
Gorgeous.

70?  '71? 

Love the Gray.  I always liked more industrial colors on them.
1966 Matchless G80
1959 Velocette MSS/Thruxton
2019 RE Interceptor
1961 Matchless G12 CSR
2006 RE Bullet Electra
2011 Vespa 300GTV
2006 Vespa 200L

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Gorgeous.

70?  '71? 

Love the Gray.  I always liked more industrial colors on them.

Well, it happened again, many times over the years.. For some reason you must be very careful on these forums or you can lose everything and have to type it all over again. Somehow my whole text was deleted and I guess I didn't notice - so only the picture was Posted.

It's a '70 Pallas, last year of real door handles. Had a '72 from '74 to '84, hated the flush door handles. I waited 21 years for the chance to buy this '70. It was originally AC-200. The original owner (who I bought it from in 2001) had it stripped and resprayed in '74 because the paint showed "swirl marks". When I sold it to a collector in New Mexico, he immediately had it disassembled, stripped and resprayed AC-200.

It was one of 6 Ds I owned since 1957 (an ID-19).

Anyway. My original  post was to ask you if you're the Danilo I knew on the Citroen Forums (DS-List) from the mid-'90s through the 2010s.   
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 04:50:42 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

dgurovich

• Danilo Gurovich
  • Scooter
  • Shift on the right
Yes.  I'm that Danilo!

I hated the flush handles too.  Mine was a 71 and had the outside handles, my buddy had a 72 and they were more trouble than they were worth. 

Snooping around for another restoration project.
1966 Matchless G80
1959 Velocette MSS/Thruxton
2019 RE Interceptor
1961 Matchless G12 CSR
2006 RE Bullet Electra
2011 Vespa 300GTV
2006 Vespa 200L

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Yes.  I'm that Danilo!

I hated the flush handles too.  Mine was a 71 and had the outside handles, my buddy had a 72 and they were more trouble than they were worth. 

Snooping around for another restoration project.

What an amazing coincidence :o We discussed hundreds of issues for many years on the D-Lists and 2CV-Lists and now we meet again on a Royal Enfield Forum. Never knew what you looked like.

I sold that last DS to a collector in NM for $16K when I couldn't get under it any more. I just further detailed it from the perfect condition it was already in and did a total rewire front to back over one whole winter. Then I had Dave Burnham help me put the headliner that Carter brought back from France for me stashed in one of his cars.

Remember The Blue Thing? Sold it after 4 year restoration to a Florida collector for $15K. I think the only one that ever brought more in those days (2001) was Christy Brinkley's (Billy Joel).   

We better get off this thread.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:23:28 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Electra Steve

• Scooter
  • Birdwood, South Australia
I used a different approach. I just fitted an Alton starter upgrade kit. The gears seem to let the starter spin faster. The relay is solid and chunky and the instructions are for the old type tool box so I had to cut away the front of the battery cover to make it fit. The results, which is what matters, are that the engine starts efficiently and all is well.
Previous rides. Many Hondas
BMW R60/2
Norton 99
NSU Supermax
2007 RE Electra
now 2021 Stellar