Author Topic: rear saddlebags for himalayan  (Read 1556 times)

hatrack

• Scooter
on: February 13, 2020, 10:21:39 pm
i got the via terra front side bags and love them..are there any soft rear bags available

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 11:56:07 am
i got the via terra front side bags and love them..are there any soft rear bags available

Are you familiar with Itchy Boots?

If not, go to Youtube and watch her 2nd trip (Patagonia to Alaska) from the very beginning. She covers why she uses soft bags on this trip (on her previous trip she had hard panniers) and the brand name of the bags is mentioned.

Once you catch up on her present trip ( 50+ episodes) go find her 1st Youtube trip. It and she are amazing.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 11:59:01 am by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 11:36:31 pm
       Are you familiar with Itchy Boots?

If not, got to Youtube and watch her 2nd trip (Patagonia to Alaska) from the very beginning. She covers why she uses soft bags on this trip (on her previous trip she had hard panniers) and the brand name of the bags is mentioned.

Once you catch up on her present trip ( 50+ episodes) go find her 1st Youtube trip. It and she are amazing.

Watching Noraly should be required before being able to purchase a Himalayan  ;)

When I was pretending to be an adventurer on my KLR I got a set of Happy Trail aluminum bags. People warned me that hard bags can be bad off road. I scoffed. Then a coworker of mine dropped his BMW onto his leg. In the middle of nowhere. He broke his leg, left the bike behind and hopped out to civilization. I would have died. Soft bags have some real advantages. I still have a set of Ortlieb roll top waterproof bags that I had on a Yamaha.