Author Topic: Nice Little ¼ Inch T-Wrench Kit for Under $10  (Read 2066 times)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
on: April 10, 2020, 01:32:36 am
Just killing time with YouTube videos like all you other shut-ins, I decided to go through FortNine's back catalog to see if there's anything good I may have missed. One called, "Special Tools Every Motorcyclist Should Own"  features something called a Motion Pro T-Wrench. These are similar to ones I've admired in many of those "Mechanic in sandals in a Delhi back alley" genre of video. I've got LOTS of tools, but not one of those.

Thing is, the video description's old U.S. link to the item at Revzilla has that particular wrench-and-sockets kit as out of stock. In fact, the kit seemed to be out of stock most everywhere, though the wrench is available here and there singly. No big whoop--I've got sockets. But then I stumbled across this eBay listing for a "MotoTool Pro T-Handle Motorcycle Socket Set Basic Fanny Fender Pack Enduro KTM" that was so compellingly written, I just had to give it a chance. It helped that at just $8.99 it's about half the price of the name brand kit, if you can find one, and comes with 5 sockets instead of just three (8, 10, 12, 13 & 14 mm).

Well, it just arrived in its handy see-through button-down grommet-hangable plastic pouch and looks pretty damned good quality-wise. So, I'll toss it into that $99 Craftsman 224-Piece Kit I got a few months back, and I'm sure they'll all get along just fine.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 01:39:27 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 09:58:58 pm
I bought a t handle socket bolt set from the $10 bin at the local hardware shop. Same as you, just because they were there. Suffice to say, Motion Pro costs a lot more for a good reason. But I get your point and they're serviceable enough.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

xenialouna

• Neophyte
Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 11:38:59 am
Thing is, the video description's old U.S. link to the item at Revzilla has that particular wrench-and-sockets kit as out of stock. In fact, the kit seemed to be out of stock most everywhere, though the wrench is available here and there singly. No big whoop--I've got sockets. But then I stumbled across this eBay listing for a "MotoTool Pro T-Handle Motorcycle Socket Set Basic Fanny Fender Pack Enduro KTM" that was so compellingly written, I just had to give it a chance. It helped that at just $8.99 it's about half the price of the name brand kit, if you can find one, and comes with 5 sockets instead of just three (8, 10, 12, 13 & 14 mm).

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 01:24:40 pm
Our new guy "Xenialouna" just revived this old thread by quoting me, but without further comment. Guess I'm just quotable.

Still, to make it worth everyone's while, here's another toolbox recommendation for under $10: Harbor Freight's SAE & Metric Stubby Combination Wrench Set, 12 Pc.

Here's a review of them that I just lobbed up on the Harbor Freight website:

"Nursing along an old Royal Enfield Bullet 500 single-cylinder Indian-built motorcycle, one of your challenges is not to over-torque and thereby strip its often dodgy nuts, bolts and other fasteners that are an odd mix of metric and SAE. There's little danger of that with these stubbies. With these and a little drop of that Medium Threadlock No. 42 (Item 65192) everything gets hoinked down "just so" and stays put. Another thing that's great about this wrench kit is its handy and sturdy little clip-shut carrying case, one side for metric and the other for 'Murican. No more fishing around in the tool box for that elusive 10 mm. And they're not badly finished either...pretty as any Craftsman or Snap-On, but for less than a buck a tool. With a lifetime warranty, what's not to like?"

As always, you can find those coupons for 20% or sometimes 25% off, freebies, and other coupons over at the "Harbor Freight Tools Coupons Database" at https://www.hfqpdb.com/ .
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 01:29:33 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.