Author Topic: Bonus Royal Enfield Mag with "Classic Bike", June 2018 Issue  (Read 3395 times)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
I was surprised to find no mention of this in the Forum Archives, but the June 2016 special "Summer of 1976" issue of the British magazine Classic Bike  came with a very nice separate 55 page magazine just about Royal Enfields containing the following articles:

• INSIDE ENFIELD CENTRAL
    Spares are not an issue with Enfields, and here's why: Hitchcocks Motorcycles
  • CONTINENTAL GT MEETS ITS MATCH
    We love the Continental GT but there is a machine that's even more characterful...
  • BULLET ENGINE STRIPDOWN
    How similar is the modern Enfield single to the 1955 version? We take them apart to find out
  • EASY SPEED
    Like the original motor, the new one is a doddle to tune. These are the parts you need
  • 2016 BULLET VS 1961 'BIG HEAD'
    They're separated by 55 years, but the feel is remarkably similar. Which would you choose?
  • PLANET ENFIELD
    Wherever you go, you're never far from a loon doing something extraordinary with an Enfield
  • ENFIELD'S GLOBAL MASTER PLAN
    If you thought Enfield were a quirky little company think again. They dwarf Triumph
  • CONCEPT STORE NUMBER THREE
    Haywards in Cambridge are about to create Britain's largest Enfield store
  • FROM HIPSTERS TO PENSIONERS
    Enfield's London concept store is proof of just how varied the bikes' appeal is
  • EXTEND YOUR ENFIELD ADDICTION
    From wallets to adventure jackets, there's a vast amount of Enfield kit to choose from

Both magazines were highly enjoyable reads. I got my brand new copies of the pair off eBay, still in their original plastic wrap for just under $10 quickly delivered to the USA from an English jobber of overstock and back issue magazines located in Church Lawton near Stoke-On-Trent in Staffordshire called The Magazine Man, who uses the eBay handle "ashlymags". It currently looks like he may still have more of them for others who might want to grab their copies too, while they still can. I suspect that if you tried to run them down later, you may have a hard time of it...or you'll just find used copies of the main Classic Bike  June 2016 special "Summer of 1976" issue without the smaller bonus Royal Enfield Mag.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 04:18:22 pm
Thanks Bilgemaster! I just ordered me one. :)
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.