Author Topic: The Future  (Read 4733 times)

Jack Straw

• LAUGH MORE, LIVE LONGER
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
on: April 15, 2021, 04:08:51 pm

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 05:03:47 pm
How you'd think  the Northumbria Police and Crime Commissioner Kim McGuinness who's proposing this intrusive measure might appear...

How she actually looks...

The line for the her new GPS suppository that vibrates when excessive speed is recorded forms to the right.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 05:30:05 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Jack Straw

• Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 05:49:15 pm
She's right purty........but still a Karen ::)

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 06:15:04 pm
If something like this is implemented, I  imagine folks will get creative.  Like this guy from Andhra Pradesh.

"He used identity card of one of his friends to hire a Royal Enfield from Bengaluru and rode to Visakhapatnam on it. ...  The police said that Mahesh used to claim that he was going on a trip out of the State by producing the stolen identity cards. After crossing the State border, he would throw the GPS device from the vehicle and throw them in some trucks."

https://www.thehansindia.com/news/cities/hyderabad/man-steals-royal-enfield-travels-to-ladakh-from-hyderabad-681389

Whoever was assigned the unenviable task of monitoring my machine, might wonder why it spends so many overnights in the bus terminal.

6504me

• Grand Gearhead
  • SW USA
Reply #4 on: April 15, 2021, 06:16:09 pm
The future's been here for a while. Those nifty little dingles insurance companies sucker their customers into snapping into the OBDII ports rat them out and then your rates go UP.

Car dealers report your personal and vehicle info to Carfax (to get better rates on Car Fax reports) without your permission or letting you opt out then Car Fax turns that info over to your insurance company. Drive too many miles in a certain period of time? Watch your rates go up... mine did.

Jack Straw

• Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
Reply #5 on: April 15, 2021, 06:23:49 pm
"They" keep saying it's for our own protection but anyone with 14 functioning brain cells know it's just about some govt. agency or corporation making more money.  Yep, nothing new here.

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 08:18:38 pm
The future's been here for a while. Those nifty little dingles insurance companies sucker their customers into snapping into the OBDII ports rat them out and then your rates go UP.

What information do you think you get out of a OBDII port?
www.enfieldtech.de
Harley CVO EGlide, Boss Hoss 502, BMW 1200 RT, Harley Panhead , Harley Davidson &Marlboro Man Bike BD2, Royal Enfield Trials, KTM EXC 500. And some more.

Rick Dangerous

• Bulleteer
  • I like to move it move it.
Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 08:28:06 pm
Why does this Big Brother stuff always happen in the UK?

Doesn't anyone have the ability to vote NO on any of these genius proposals? 

It's like a damn Black Mirror episode brought to life... please report back that this doesn't pass.
Past Bikes: Ducati, Kawasaki's, Triumph's  Current: 2020 Royal Enfield INT650 Baker Express

biscot

• Grease Monkey
Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 09:01:34 pm
This kind of crap makes me glad I'm old.
https://www.rideapart.com/news/501081/mandatory-speed-trackers-proposed-UK/

I’m happy where I am but wouldn’t mind shedding a few decades.  :D

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 09:12:36 pm
Well the UK is run by colonialist and brain washed police who are not masters of their own minds, the first point in the Uk we have the strictest transport  laws in the whole world more draconian than china in reality, then they lie and tell you it's a democracy for your safety, the real reason they do all this is to excert more control over the population, and secondly share the profits with the tech companies between them, we already have more cctv than anywhere else in the world now they unleash waves more for litter droppers, the UK has become a total corporate dictatorship run by the police and corrupt businesses who just do the bidding for the elite controllers, they criticise other dictatorships l can't understand why they are far, far, worse people don't know a quarter of it.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: April 15, 2021, 09:18:49 pm
Vote what the hell do you mean, we haven't been able to vote on forced policy for decades, we just have to do what we are told or face the forced consequences .

Jack Straw

• Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
Reply #11 on: April 15, 2021, 09:53:37 pm
"Why does this Big Brother stuff always happen in the UK?"

And therein lies a difference between citizens and subjects.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #12 on: April 15, 2021, 10:01:27 pm
How you'd think  the Northumbria Police and Crime Commissioner Kim McGuinness who's proposing this intrusive measure might appear...

How she actually looks...

The line for the her new GPS suppository that vibrates when excessive speed is recorded forms to the right.

The chap in the top image looks like Jeremy Clarkson after he drove the Ariel Atom.

The rest sounds a bit Orwellian. But as long as it make the streets safer for the acid throwing scooter thugs, the rapists, the violent assualters and the sellers of stolen goods that seem to be a protected species in the UK, who can argue?
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: April 15, 2021, 10:07:44 pm
Scary stuff, I always thought the UK went a bit overboard where MVD regulations were concerned. I just didn't think they'd reached this level.

Jack Straw

• Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
Reply #14 on: April 15, 2021, 10:11:50 pm
I suspect we're about to P.O. some sensitive souls so I'll bow out with this quote from some wise guy.

"George Orwell didn't intend 1984 to be a how-to manual."