Author Topic: Wrap around issues  (Read 2058 times)

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
on: April 06, 2021, 05:19:51 pm
When I logged on this morning I found I was the victim of the dread wrap around syndrome and the font had shrunk drastically. I know Cookie and Haggis had similar problems and solved it by logging in under a new name. Has anyone got a better solution or should I just create a new log in ID?

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 01:29:08 am
When I logged on this morning I found I was the victim of the dread wrap around syndrome and the font had shrunk drastically. I know Cookie and Haggis had similar problems and solved it by logging in under a new name. Has anyone got a better solution or should I just create a new log in ID?
I had the wrap issue (Mac / Firefox). I did a number of things that one does ... cleared the chash, quit, update browser... nada. The last thing I did before it came back to normal was to "blink" my router. THAT SAID, once it came back I stopped trying things. It may very well have just come back on its own and the last thing I did could be just happenstance. But it is not you. It is a known Windows Server software issue. Not the web server but network server. There is are acre of the internet with postulations about why, what and how. It seems tied to the SOAP UI and XML.
Don't trash your account right away.
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 03:16:26 am
I had the wrap issue (Mac / Firefox). I did a number of things that one does ... cleared the chash, quit, update browser... nada. The last thing I did before it came back to normal was to "blink" my router. THAT SAID, once it came back I stopped trying things. It may very well have just come back on its own and the last thing I did could be just happenstance. But it is not you. It is a known Windows Server software issue. Not the web server but network server. There is are acre of the internet with postulations about why, what and how. It seems tied to the SOAP UI and XML.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I'll do it as soon as I finish typing this and let you know how it worked. 

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 08:16:39 am

Thanks for this possible new angle on the recurrent and mysterious "Word Wrap" gremlin. I've moved this thread over into the "Forum Improvements" section, where the Admins are likeliest to see it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 08:25:58 am by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 03:23:08 pm

The blink didn't change anything but I've got a couple of workarounds so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Restarting the account is an option but one I don't think I'll bother with it. It's just as easy to use the workarounds. For what it's worth if I open the account as guest, everything works normally. The problem only occurs when I'm logged in as a member. 

Dantheman

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 06:33:39 pm

Hello, this problem has been circulating for a long time and has been very intermittent, and not something we have ever experienced ourselves first hand which always makes it more difficult to resolve. I have chased this up again with our IT guys (outsourced), and they hope to do some testing on the forum over the next few days to see if it is a simple setting change, or something more involved such as updating templates or a forum update.

As mentioned, it only seems to give a problem when logged in, and when viewing as a guest does not present a problem.

Thanks, Dan

Dantheman

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 08:29:32 am
Update

After speaking with the IT guys again, they inform me that they have found the issue relating to the word wrap problem and hope to have this resolved during the course of the day.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #7 on: April 14, 2021, 06:31:52 pm
Update

After speaking with the IT guys again, they inform me that they have found the issue relating to the word wrap problem and hope to have this resolved during the course of the day.

So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 12:24:27 am
Whatever they found my issue has been resolved. Everything is working as it should.  ;) ;) ;)