HPRE

Menu

70 Guests, 2 Users
Bilgemaster, paulie

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Continental GT Cafe Racer / Re: Fork Gaiters
« Last post by Bilgemaster on February 19, 2018, 10:35:18 pm »
Thanks for the Liquid Tape tip Bilgemaster.  Will check it out - as you said lots of uses for it.   Unhappily, as far as I know,  the GT fork tubes don't have a drain plug and must be pulled to drain the oil.  So I'll try to get new gaiters and then pull & drain the tubes.   Did a quick eBay search for 41mm gaiters and found a couple.  I think Hitchcock's also has them.

You're quite welcome!  Shame if those GT fork tubes did away with that ultra-sensible fork draining and filling arrangement.  In fact, inspired by this thread I finally went ahead and did my own forks for the first time since I've owned her...or quite possibly ever.  And a pleasure it was to do too, compared to the Norton. Only about 250 ml combined came out of both--quite a bit more from the right than the left.  It was a gunk-filled sort of amber...maybe a light 20 or 30 weight engine oil, I'd guess. I refilled with 200 ml each of Type F automatic transmission fluid as per Pete Snidal's superb Royal Enfield Bullet Service Manual, which also turns out to be a charmingly engaging read.  The improvement in road handling was immediate and dramatic, to say the least.  It's much more firm and surefooted, and doesn't "dive" nearly as much when braking.  It still smooths out the bumps, but it's no longer "marshmallowey."  Seeing as how there was only just a tad more than half of the required oil--any type of oil--in them beforehand, I guess an improvement's to be expected.
Bullet Iron Barrel / Re: Bullet with magdyno anyone?!
« Last post by geichal on February 19, 2018, 09:16:47 pm »
I run a Hunt mag on my Bull, more pics in the photo gallery.
Continental GT Cafe Racer / 17 GT with Power Commander Issue
« Last post by Cwl1117 on February 19, 2018, 08:05:12 pm »
Hey guys, I have a 17 GT and just installed the power commander a few days ago. I have an aftermarket slip on and k&n filter on it so I had it mapped (provided by RE of Fort Worth) with the maps they had for that specification.

All and all I can tell it runs smoother now, espically within the lower rpmís, my issue arises around 4K+ in 2nd-5th. Once I hit right around 4200 (Best guesstimate) it starts to bog and misfire bad. Iím aware of the lovey rev limiter around 5k, which this is not it.

Any of you guys have this issue or think of a fix?
Bullet with the UCE engine / Re: WD-40
« Last post by Grant Borden on February 19, 2018, 06:28:35 pm »
A year or could be two years ago, I was buying more non aerosol WD-40  because it was at a discounted price, and noticed the can and display stated "New Formula". The sales person said it worked the same. While deciding to open the new can to see if there were any difference, gave it the sniff test (that past), found it did not prevent rust on cast iron as well as the old formula nor did it make removal of rusted on bolts as easy to remove as the old.

Grant
RE Dealer News and Announcements / Re: List of Dealers
« Last post by Marc J on February 19, 2018, 04:40:52 pm »
The dealer Rockland Wheels is in Rockland  Ontario (near Ottawa), and not  in Oakville, Ontario.
Continental GT Cafe Racer / Re: EFI light
« Last post by mattsz on February 19, 2018, 04:01:44 pm »
According to previous forum inputs the ecu stores ALL past error codes even if not active and they are difficult to clear.

hpwaco - your statement (as highlighted above) apparently must be relegated to "BF" (before Freddy1) urban myth status...

https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/index.php/topic,24946.msg287561.html#msg287561
« Last post by KC1961 on February 19, 2018, 03:23:25 pm »
I bought a pair from ebay, £17 - still fine after 3000 miles.
« Last post by hpwaco on February 19, 2018, 03:17:26 pm »
When I get the new ones, I'll treat them with Armorall.  I've seen some neoprene ones, but not in this size.
Continental GT Cafe Racer / Re: EFI light
« Last post by SSdriver on February 19, 2018, 03:15:01 pm »
I had the same issue a couple of times when the bike was new, but nothing in the last 2 years.  Here is the chart for the test pin error codes from the shop manual.
Continental GT Cafe Racer / Re: GT fuel filter
« Last post by Jellyroll on February 19, 2018, 03:08:56 pm »
Matthew, the screen is permanently bonded onto the white plastic part. You don't need to replace it, and it is only there to stop large rocks and birds from entering the pump, more of a strainer. However I can say that an inline filter on the fuel hose(and a high flow filter at that) would be desirable but getting a canister to fit may take a little shopping around. Look for an automotive filter with the same pressure range(42psi) as the pump
There is a video on Youtube that shows the disassembly procedure, and once it's down to pieces you can easily clean the screen. Just type in 'royal enfield fuel pump disassembly'.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10