HPRE

Menu

88 Guests, 3 Users
DonK, motomataya, JPJP

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
At least you will be able to bump-start it.  There's no bump-starting an electric motorbike...... I think.

What is worse is that electric motorcycles are really hard to push when they run out of power.  Mine did once some years ago and I tried pushing it up the hill leading to my garage and I just couldn't do it. The drag of that electric motor (when off) felt like it added 200 pounds to the weight of the bike.  However, I discovered that if I allowed the batteries to recover for a minute, I could get them to push the bike about 100 feet at a time up the hill before they died again, so I was finally able to get home, bit by bit, without suffering a heart attack. 

Instead of a kick starter, perhaps bicycle pedals would be the best solution for an electric motorcycle, as was used during the early 1900's for "LPA", light pedal assistance - which had a reputation of giving some of their riders actual heart attacks when trying to assist the motorbikes up a steep hill.    :o
Nothing to bump on an electric bike....If RE were to provide a kickstart on the Twin I hope itís a better design than on the UCE, which in my view doesnít look great and also feels flimsy. It should have s folding pedal, not fold at the shaft like an old Jap
two-stroke. I suspect that apart from Hipsters itíll be old blokes who buy the 650. These days who wants to be bothered with kick starting an engine? Not me, though theyíre useful for servicing.
Campfire Talk / Re: The 12 days of Christmas
« Last post by heloego on Today at 06:41:24 am »
 ;D
Bullet Electra & AVL Models / Re: DanB's Ace AVL head
« Last post by DanB on December 10, 2017, 10:55:53 pm »
Thanks all!  This forum and the guidance of all master minds was how this was done.

Yeah, I wish we could ride out 2CV as well. You are an inspiration.
Bullet with the UCE engine / Re: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?
« Last post by Scotty Brown on December 10, 2017, 10:38:52 pm »
RODE TO THE MONTHLY VINTAGE MEET -- AGAIN, ONLY ENFIELD IN ATTENDANCE --BUT ALWAYS DRAWS COMMENTS--
Bullet with the UCE engine / Re: cam timing data
« Last post by Blairio on December 10, 2017, 09:08:30 pm »
It would be great if the push rods were the same length and some other part of the valve train was different for inlet vs exhaust. It would reduce the likelihood of numpties like me happily flinging the rods back in without realising they are different lengths.  Luckily with only a 50% chance of getting it wrong, I got it right.

Here's a thought - are the inlet and exhaust cams interchangeable? By that I mean each fit into the other's place, even if the profiles are different? It should be clear which one is the exhaust cam because it has that dastardly decompressor thingie.
At least you will be able to bump-start it.  There's no bump-starting an electric motorbike...... I think.
Continental GT Cafe Racer / Re: H4 bulb electrical woes
« Last post by hpwaco on December 10, 2017, 08:57:12 pm »
Owners manual says:    ".......700rpm...... OR if battery voltage drops below 12v for more then 3 seconds ....  ".   I have a Battery Tender digital voltmeter that plugs into the pigtail.
Sidecar Talk / Re: Here I Go
« Last post by heloego on December 10, 2017, 08:46:03 pm »
Cab enclosure added.
https://imgur.com/HBYdAnT
650 Twin - Interceptor/GT / Re: 650 twin
« Last post by SSdriver on December 10, 2017, 07:32:29 pm »

I have read claims that it will top the ton. It should be capable of anywhere between 100-110 mph.
The old Interceptor  Mk1a has a road rest on the Internet from 1966, and it managed 105 mph, even though they advertised 115.

Having 6 gears will definitely help. Then when Dynojet comes out with a Power Commander for it.....:)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10