Author Topic: Turning off engine with key  (Read 6665 times)

jimku

• Grand Gearhead
  • Nampa, Idaho USA
Reply #30 on: December 09, 2019, 07:51:42 am
Just recently I went into my garage to start my Interceptor to run it for 20 minutes after adding stabilizer to the fuel for winter.  Turned on the key.  Hit the starter.  Nothing happened.  New battery on a battery tender that said fully charged.  Noticed the Neutral light was not on.  Tried shifting the gearbox but the N light would not come on.  Thinking the tranny needed a little goose, manually turned the rear wheel while trying to run the shifter.  No N light no matter what I did.  Bike should start with the tranny in gear but when holding the clutch in.  Tried that.  NADA.  I was standing there scratching my head and ass alternately starting to think I was going to have to rent a trailer and take it to my dealer.  Out of exasperation I flipped the kill switch to the other position.  Nice green N light and it started right up.  A kill switch is there for only one reason .... to make you rent a trailer and take it to a dealer and REALLY FEEL LIKE A DUMB ASS.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 08:03:16 am by jimku »
2019 Interceptor. 
I hope my tubeless wheels make you cringe. 8) https://www.dropbox.com/s/zobmpjq2gqtvypj/RE%20TIRE%20AND%20WHEEL.JPG?dl=0
Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.
https://youtu.be/GG5ghP8XLW8

twocoolgliders

• Cookie
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: December 09, 2019, 11:10:16 am
LOL!   Yep that's it!

Cookie

Just recently I went into my garage to start my Interceptor to run it for 20 minutes after adding stabilizer to the fuel for winter.  Turned on the key.  Hit the starter.  Nothing happened.  New battery on a battery tender that said fully charged.  Noticed the Neutral light was not on.  Tried shifting the gearbox but the N light would not come on.  Thinking the tranny needed a little goose, manually turned the rear wheel while trying to run the shifter.  No N light no matter what I did.  Bike should start with the tranny in gear but when holding the clutch in.  Tried that.  NADA.  I was standing there scratching my head and ass alternately starting to think I was going to have to rent a trailer and take it to my dealer.  Out of exasperation I flipped the kill switch to the other position.  Nice green N light and it started right up.  A kill switch is there for only one reason .... to make you rent a trailer and take it to a dealer and REALLY FEEL LIKE A DUMB ASS.