Author Topic: Forum update  (Read 3701 times)

HitchcocksMotorcycles

• Administrator
  • Scooter
on: October 02, 2019, 04:02:47 pm
Hello,

Just to give everyone who uses this board a quick update on the position of the forum.

This forum contains a huge amount of useful content that Enfield Owners of all models and years can use, as well as many active users who contribute with valuable information. In recent times, it appears that there are few updates required and bugs looking at in order for the forum to continue to operate efficiently for the Enfield community. Due to this, we, at Hitchcocks Motorcycles have now taken over the board and will hopefully be able to make improvements for everyone using it. We do not plan to make any major changes to the platform or face of the forum, and primarily we would like to address any of the operating/running issues that might be present so users can continue to enjoy the board.

So, if anyone has any known problems with the forum that they face when viewing/posting, we would appreciate it if you could let us know by posting in the "forum improvements" section for us to look into. 

Another point I would like to mention is, new users may have had difficulties signing up and receiving the confirmation e-mail. This is an issue which was on going for some time, hopefully this has now been resolved and any new users wishing to join should be able to do so, and we would advise they try again now. If there is anyone out there still experiencing this "registering issue", please contact us directly via e-mail at: cmw@hitchcocksmotorcycles.com 

Regards,
Dan

pistonbroke

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 10:53:50 am
I'm registerd now Dan...clearly!....but it took 5 separate attempts.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 12:05:19 pm
That would account for the appearance Hitchcocks' banner ads, then.

The patriots on this forum might not like it!

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

a10ken

• Bulleteer
  • barrow in furness uk
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 02:43:20 pm
hi dan, i also received the notification from you, but fortunately i had just managed to get on, (two different computers and two different e-mail addresses and 5 to 6 attempts but it finally worked.)
interceptor 650
xl1200s sport
buell m2
k75
mt500
f650

Dr Mayhem

• Grease Monkey
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2019, 03:18:13 pm
That would account for the appearance Hitchcocks' banner ads, then.

The patriots on this forum might not like it!

A.

LoL, My grandad was wounded and almost starved to death while fighting during WWI in Belgium. He also came back home in one piece from WWII and lived to be a very old man. Sadly, long enough also to witness the bastardization of the word "patriot" (USA). I could tell everybody what he thought of it as used now, but I won't in his honor. He didn't need to self-identify because he was! He also loved motorcycles  :)

I welcome Hitchcock's Motorcycles  :)
Guy
19 Conti GT in Dr Mayhem paint 08/24/2019
06 HD Street Bob
04 Buell XB12S Lightning

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 01:22:10 pm
I've been out of town as well as too busy to get on here for a while.  Thank you for taking on this forum. It is indeed a great repository of information. Efforts to keep it running smoothly are greatly appreciated.
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 04:03:16 pm
Dan and his family taking the forum on warms my heart. I've worked with them since Dan was a little boy
and they are the best thing that could happen here. I can personally vouch for their integrity, service and quality
of what they sell.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 04:09:46 pm by Kevin Mahoney »
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #7 on: October 11, 2019, 02:51:14 am
I welcome our new overlords ;)

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #8 on: October 12, 2019, 02:16:34 am
Overlords?  I suppose that will do but having just been promoted to Oversee'r  in my Fallout 4 game I prefer that title.  ::) :o 8)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 02:18:43 am by Arizoni »
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

Oldie but Goldie

• Scooter
Reply #9 on: November 10, 2019, 09:46:54 am
Dan and his family taking the forum on warms my heart. I've worked with them since Dan was a little boy
and they are the best thing that could happen here. I can personally vouch for their integrity, service and quality
of what they sell.

Welcome Hitchcocks. Greetings from Spain.
No matter the bike you ride
Wind is the same for all...

French Mike

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 10:00:27 am
Good morning one and all.
Just to give you an update regarding the registration process. I have just registered this morning and it took only one attempt totalling 23 seconds! So, whatever you've done behind the scenes, it appears to be working perfectly.

ceekay

• Grease Monkey
  • Bishop, CA
Reply #11 on: December 14, 2019, 05:24:07 pm
months ago I gave up after several filed attempts as site labelled me a 'spammer'. Tried again recently and all seems well for now.
I became friends with someone just because they rode motorcycles from no-place to no-where

past machines: BSA Lightning, HD FX1200, 75/6 BMW, 90/6, R80RT, R100RT, K75S, current machines: DR650, DL650.

Dantheman

• Administrator
  • Bulleteer
Reply #12 on: December 16, 2019, 03:39:56 pm
Thanks for all the comments everyone, all though we don't reply back on each post, we do keep an eye on the feedback you give.

Just to give you a quick update, we have hopefully fixed a few of the bugs over the past few weeks. In particular, special characters seemed to have been causing a few problems when posting and giving database errors, hopefully the update which we have carried out today will resolve these errors and this particular issue will have improved and posting symbols like:  "'£$%@:;#@ will become less of a problem.

Dan

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: December 16, 2019, 05:14:11 pm
°°°
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: December 16, 2019, 05:14:42 pm
¡⅛£¼⅜⅝⅞™±°¿