Author Topic: Meteor DIY  (Read 7322 times)

Toontje

• Grand Gearhead
  • Barcelona, Spain
Ice Queen for sale in Spain (Was: Riding my Ice Queen through Spain).

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 01:11:35 pm
That's some useful and instructional videos.

Air filter replacement.

https://youtu.be/UERG-cpbnuI

Bill, they are using your style. Are we running the company or what?!  ;)  :D ;D ;D

https://youtu.be/RAUPA27HeUk

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 01:40:48 pm
“Now carefully, fix the air filter element.”

Geez, I’m glad we got that straight!!

Looks like a candidate for the ACE/Derottone Air Kit to me. With the Air Kit,  the price of an air filter element goes to less than half of the OEM.

The opening sequence is typical with Indian TV shows I’ve seen here. Their video editors get a bit hyped with the old effects generators. It’s not often you see a spinning motorcycle.
Bill
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 12:48:42 pm
I find it remarkable how they emphasize: "You CAN make it yourself!"

The last thing I "ever" need in my life again is a crooked mouthed swedish nordic commie explaining me that changing a tyre on my own vehicle is somehow black labour and I ought to be taxed for it or something.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 01:12:27 pm by derottone »

20MarkIII

• Grand Gearhead
  • East Central Indiana, USA
Reply #4 on: November 26, 2020, 03:56:12 am
WOW! How refreshing to see a motorcycle manufacturer sponsor tutorials for owners to properly maintain their own bikes. I grow more fond of RE everyday.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #5 on: November 26, 2020, 09:28:11 am
Our Royal Enfield, Who resides in India,
Hallowed be your Name.
Your Kingdom come.
They Will be done,
on road as it is in the garage.

Give our daily maintenance routine.
And forgive us our incompetence,
as we forgive you relieving us from our incomes.
And lead us not into temptation to modify your bikes,
but free us from the evils of customising them.

Amen.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #6 on: November 26, 2020, 04:09:44 pm
The swedish put it into practice, works very well. The rate of decay is staggering, you only need maybe 2-3 years to witness it.

The last four years they had it urgent, if they will back off now any time soon?

Unlikely...the proles there are still chasing that "guy" who is in control of everything and can't find him.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 04:38:28 pm by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 04:25:57 pm
I have witnessed the decay over here first hand. "Sixty-two thousand four hundred repetitions" have done their work. I'm getting tired of antimasquers & antivaxxers & conspiracy buffs too lazy/distracted to do anything but unquestioningly/unthinkingly forward kak. Because of it the USA is "#1" but not in a good way. Choosing to disbelieve high school level chemistry, biology, physics, mathematics, or anything outside your own skin except for what derives from a single point source of information isn't a recipe for success. It does make you controllable by that source though.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 05:11:14 pm by AzCal Retred »
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #8 on: November 26, 2020, 05:41:25 pm
Choosing to disbelieve high school level chemistry, biology, physics, mathematics, or anything outside your own skin except for what derives from a single point source of information isn't a recipe for success. It does make you controllable by that source though.

That's hard science, you either understand it or not. Nothing to do with believes, If you have a good teacher of those subjects he will test your understanding not if you can repeat something out of a book as is the preferred method nowadays.

Those days you can get a PhD in popular music and you become a scientist directly out of the Harry Potter book and can go on and discuss the implications of changing weather at an international stage. Sounds like a good job, where to apply? My fantasy is limitless.. ;D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 05:49:44 pm by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: November 26, 2020, 06:01:02 pm
Lots of folks over here blur hard science & the scientific method with magic, witchcraft & faith. The discernment mechanism seems to have failed. Attitude & belief trumps hard objective reality. I've found that physics & chemistry don't care about your attitude or beliefs, they just are what they are. It takes effort to sort out reality from perception. Apparently reality's not as "entertaining" as conspiracy mongering, witchcraft & their own unsubstantiated internal belief system.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 10:57:45 am
What I have found is that just when you think you know it all, you find out you didn't.
You never reach the end of learning.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Nitrowing

• Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: December 01, 2020, 01:37:25 pm
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 01:49:18 pm by Nitrowing »
No wonder we no longer have a motor industry

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: December 01, 2020, 02:10:25 pm
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/books/what-to-read/the-book-most-people-have-lied-about-reading--and-its-not-war-an/
https://www.csmonitor.com/Books/chapter-and-verse/2016/0204/The-book-most-people-have-lied-about-reading-It-s-not-what-you-think.
George Orwell's 1984 came second in books most people lied about reading.

It should be compulsory in schools and before being allowed to vote.

Speaking about things that should be taught in school again: How about what used to be called "home economics" where children were taught how to balance a budget, cook their own meals and perform other tasks that they need to live by themselves, without needing help by the government? And how about learning how to drive a car? Almost every high school in California used to have a driver's education class where students could learn how to drive a car, including what were the rules of the road and why you shouldn't drink while driving. But all of those driving classes went away apparently when it was decided that everyone in the future would be taking public "mass transit" and therefore didn't need to know how to drive.  ::)  Shortly after that, automotive, woodworking and metal fabrication shop classes were canceled to make room for more "politically correct" courses that didn't need the use of creative thought and learning how to build things from scratch, instead of checking a "buy now" box on Amazon.    :(
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #13 on: December 01, 2020, 02:30:43 pm
Speaking about things that should be taught in school again: How about what used to be called "home economics" where children were taught how to balance a budget, cook their own meals and perform other tasks that they need to live by themselves, without needing help by the government? And how about learning how to drive a car? Almost every high school in California used to have a driver's education class where students could learn how to drive a car, including what were the rules of the road and why you shouldn't drink while driving. But all of those driving classes went away apparently when it was decided that everyone in the future would be taking public "mass transit" and therefore didn't need to know how to drive.  ::)  Shortly after that, automotive, woodworking and metal fabrication shop classes were canceled to make room for more "politically correct" courses that didn't need the use of creative thought and learning how to build things from scratch, instead of checking a "buy now" box on Amazon.    :(

+1

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: December 01, 2020, 04:40:14 pm
Another "Reality 1A" topic might be demonstrating how compound interest works. One of out workplace students had finished working a problem I'd assigned him, then turned to me & said "That just can't be right, that's got to be illegal!"