Author Topic: 2008 AVL Header Pipe  (Read 2873 times)

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #15 on: June 23, 2020, 03:28:13 pm
Quote: "Sportster muffler        5'7"

That's a mighty looonnng muffler.  ;)

Glad you got what you wanted, and in typical Hitchcocks delivery time, too!  :)

The current project has a black exhaust and the original header, but we went with some 2" exhaust sheathing on the header. It is slightly baggy, but we compensated with black stainless zip ties.

Not sure how well the heat shrink will hold up but will deal with that if it comes to it.
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #16 on: June 23, 2020, 06:07:11 pm
You won't see it when you ride!

A.
:)

Sorry. I won't be seen on a bike with a chrome header and a black muffler. Looks silly. Same as I would never ride with shorts and frigging shower shoes on   :)
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: June 23, 2020, 06:16:28 pm
Quote: "Sportster muffler        5'7"

That's a mighty looonnng muffler.  ;)

That's a ditto mark under Pounds  :) it's not feet and inches, but you know that  ;)

And it's interesting thing also that my stats were aligned as I typed them. When Posted they become misaligned. I've noticed this many times over the years.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 10:43:49 pm
            That's a ditto mark under Pounds  :) it's not feet and inches, but you know that  ;)

And it's interesting thing also that my stats were aligned as I typed them. When Posted they become misaligned. I've noticed this many times over the years.

You know, I went and looked again just now and you're CORRECT! I did f*uck it up >:( :( :o ??? :-[ :-* :-*