Author Topic: Indicators  (Read 9014 times)

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Adelaide, South Aust- Conti GT 650 2019
on: July 04, 2020, 12:26:43 am
I’m toying with the idea of swapping out my blinkers with some LED units in my cafe’ quest. Part of this requires the replacement of the heavy cast headlight brackets. I’ve found some nice quality Aussie made front mini units which have a combined running lights ( the wiring off I’ll explore later, being 3 wire units and I’m unsure how to earth the 2’nd power wire) and I really like this tail assembly.
1- are incorporated front running lights legal, does anyone know? and
2- does anyone know if I’ll cop heat for this tail assembly?
I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...

Haggisman

• Grease Monkey
  • Adelaide, Australia.
Reply #1 on: July 04, 2020, 01:23:29 am
The earth wire is common for the indicator and the running light
2019 Interceptor

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 01:36:52 am
DRL's in Australia are legal. But: the drl has to be white, indicator has to be yellow. Also the drl are supposed to turn off the the headlight is on. But the lights you looked at are made here and have 3 wires so probs a white and a yellow element in the 1 housing? Should be good.

The tail light, it might or might not be legal, depends if it had the ADR approval marking. But I'd do what I want to do and I wouldn't expect to cop any heat for it. Cops got better things to do usually. I've had all sorts of lights, tail tidies, chopped guards and things, never had a problem. Add long as you don't misbehave you're mostly OK.

IME,  YMMV etc.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 11:02:33 am
DRL's in Australia are legal. But: the drl has to be white, indicator has to be yellow. Also the drl are supposed to turn off the the headlight is on. But the lights you looked at are made here and have 3 wires so probs a white and a yellow element in the 1 housing? Should be good.

The tail light, it might or might not be legal, depends if it had the ADR approval marking. But I'd do what I want to do and I wouldn't expect to cop any heat for it. Cops got better things to do usually. I've had all sorts of lights, tail tidies, chopped guards and things, never had a problem. Add long as you don't misbehave you're mostly OK.

IME,  YMMV etc.
That last sentence is a bummer😁

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 01:19:10 pm
Simon, did you ever as a Ducati rider frequent the premises of ‘Bikeworld’ , the proprietor of which was the marvellous Dave Lunn?

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #5 on: July 04, 2020, 01:39:58 pm
Bikeworld, on Port road right? I went there now and again. When I lived in the Flinders, it was mostly Dr Desmo before they went weird. Nowadays and for years now I've been shopping at The Bike Factory in Gouger st. They're the only ones interested in old Ducs now. luckily, they can supply most of the bits I need and I can do most of the hands on myself.

If I need electrical help Steve at Betta Bikes is the Man. Cycle Weld in Lonsdale for frame repairs.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 01:49:37 pm
I had my S2’s rear frame loop replaced/ rewelded by them at Lonsdale! And yes, Pt Rd. I overheard many phone conversations there when the Dr. Desmo and Bike Factory guys rang Dave and were coached thru problems. He knew Desmos like no-one else. Once told me that if he wasn’t a Ducati mechanic he wouldn’t be a mechanic.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 02:03:07 pm
He straightened my Pantah's frame about 20 years ago when he worked out of home in Kidman Park and welded my GT's frame up when the exhaust hanger loop broke off after a trip interstate.

Steve the electrician is gearing up for retirement and has no-one to take over. He said his apprentice bailed for some other work despite knowing the business would be handed over to him once Steve finished. The last bike electrician in town as far as I know, he'll be missed.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: July 04, 2020, 02:08:52 pm
Another lost seat of the pants skill. I believe I’ve dealt with him too. Did he at some stage have a little shop somewhere near Rosetta St?

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #9 on: July 04, 2020, 02:14:15 pm
I don't know about that. Might have been before my time. Used to be one (Bike-elec???) at Thebarton I used back then a couple times but he's gone now.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: July 04, 2020, 03:33:46 pm
That’s probably the guy I meant at Thebarton.

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: July 04, 2020, 04:00:37 pm
It was probably too hard for his apprentice. Thinking and reasoning and suchlike. Who could blame him? Car electrics ara a total c@&t and bike electrics are worse.
If I remember rightly, I was having switchblock problems on my old SR 500 cafe’ until I realised that because the stock bars were rubber bushed the handlebar switches were largely wire-earthed, not body earthed, contrary to everything else on the bike

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: July 06, 2020, 09:58:51 am
 I bought that tailight assembly today. Might be a piece of crap but then again it might not. I'm picturing it mounted higher and more forward than the stock set up, that tailight overhang irritates me. See if I can reduce that bare space between the seat and the assembly.

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #13 on: July 06, 2020, 01:25:57 pm
It was probably too hard for his apprentice. Thinking and reasoning and suchlike. Who could blame him? Car electrics ara a total c@&t and bike electrics are worse.

He probably decided he'd earn more money quicker by going to work with the traffic control crowd or something.

Tell you what though, Steve has fixed some doozies on a few of my bikes. I'ma  pretty ordinary electrician, too. A lot of stuff I can muddle through but I know when to call in the expert.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: July 08, 2020, 11:14:24 am
I found a connector kit on Fleabay to loom my new taillight assembly and front indicators quite cheap. As far as the combo indicators/ running lights it seems that I’ll probably get some unwelcome attention from them ( according to the cop I live next door to) so I thought I might have a go at tying in the running light function to my high beam. I tend to use my high beam as a warning flash for those un- nerving situations at intersections etc where some twerp looks like they might take a chance at my expense. Any opinions? 

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 11:21:41 am
These are the front combos BTW

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: July 17, 2020, 10:02:09 am
These are the front combos BTW
Had a rethink on the running lights idea- not going down that road now. Found some nice Aussie made led auxiliary mini spots that I’ll wire to high beam to flash with.

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: July 17, 2020, 10:54:42 am
Does anyone have links to nice headlight brackets?

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: July 18, 2020, 06:45:58 am
Well, my taillight assembly arrived today, and what a nice little unit it is! Now I’ve just gotta work out how to best fit it so it doesn’t look like an afterthought. Just holding it alongside the bike to compare to stock it looks like it’ll make the tail end look trim, I think 👍

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #19 on: July 18, 2020, 07:53:02 am
Does anyone have links to nice headlight brackets?

There's a few cnc looking things on Third Gear's website. Taillight looks Badass!
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: July 18, 2020, 10:51:51 am
There's a few cnc looking things on Third Gear's website. Taillight looks Badass!
Yeah! If I can get it on how I’m picturing it, I’ll be very happy!
I’ve seen lots of nice stuff on Third Gear, but everything I want is out of stock😩. I need to get some front mini led indicators so I can get the whole job done at once. That’s mainly cos I would think there’d be problems running bulbs on front vs led on rear through the same relay. I want to get this outa the way so I can jump onto this divisive gearing project 😂😂😂
Thanks, Steve

interbanana

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: July 18, 2020, 09:53:59 pm
 It reminds me of something, but I can't remember what  :D

interbanana

• Scooter
Reply #22 on: July 18, 2020, 10:15:07 pm
Nvm... I just remembered. Old bloke moment.
Light looks good btw  ;)

aussie650

• Scooter
  • 2019 Interceptor..AUSTRALIA
Reply #23 on: July 18, 2020, 10:33:02 pm
Light looks good btw  ;)
interbanana
Are they lights or a/c ducts.. :-\    I wish the fare charges were still the same. ;D

aussie 650

interbanana

• Scooter
Reply #24 on: July 18, 2020, 10:58:37 pm
Air vents, there was no air-con on council buses back then  :D
Apparently they recycled them all to make taillights for retro motorcycles!

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: July 19, 2020, 12:47:09 am
Light looks good btw  ;)
Yeah we had those buses in Adelaide as well. If I remember right, weren’t those vents in lieu of opening windows? Did bugger-all as I remember!

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: September 22, 2020, 10:29:31 am
Well , I’ve taken my time to cogitate over my course of action re LED light mods. It’s all come together in the last day or so. Bought the small flyscreen and I’ll mount my micro units on the mounting bracket assembly on rubber grommets. The more complicated rear bracket fabrication is in progress.
I’ve made the looms and apart from mounting, it should all be plug’n’play
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 10:32:28 am by Starpeve »

mwmosser

• Illegitimi non carborundum
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #27 on: September 22, 2020, 01:58:51 pm
Well , I’ve taken my time to cogitate over my course of action re LED light mods. It’s all come together in the last day or so. Bought the small flyscreen and I’ll mount my micro units on the mounting bracket assembly on rubber grommets. The more complicated rear bracket fabrication is in progress.
I applaud all of you who put the word "fabricate" in your posts. I have neither the talent nor the space to work on things at that level here. I am pretty good at assembling, but not creating. Kudos to all the home (and professional) engineers on the forum. It's fun to read what you come up with.
2019 Interceptor 650 Mark Three

AtomicMagpye

• Scooter
Reply #28 on: September 22, 2020, 07:56:21 pm

Fitted some smaller indicators yesterday using the same idea with the fly screen - needed a couple of m12 bolts to reattach the screen where the indicators were....
Hampshire UK.

"So it goes"

AtomicMagpye

• Scooter
Reply #29 on: September 22, 2020, 07:59:50 pm
Here's a pic - going to paint the bolt heads black....
Hampshire UK.

"So it goes"

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #30 on: September 22, 2020, 10:10:18 pm
Here's a pic - going to paint the bolt heads black....

God use of realestate.
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

AndyinNZ

• Scooter
Reply #31 on: September 22, 2020, 11:25:10 pm
I fitted these retro style to mine. I love the look
250 Crusader Sports
700 Constellation
HD Springer Softail
MK3 Interceptor

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: September 23, 2020, 01:39:38 am
Fitted some smaller indicators yesterday using the same idea with the fly screen - needed a couple of m12 bolts to reattach the screen where the indicators were....
Mine are actually tiny, have something like an m5 shank diameter which was a problem with the OEM location. They’re the smallest legal ones available, about the size of your middle finger end joint, yet still very bright. They’ll only sit about 35-40 mm proud of the bracket. Yours look great BTW.👍

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: September 23, 2020, 05:11:26 am
I applaud all of you who put the word "fabricate" in your posts. I have neither the talent nor the space to work on things at that level here. I am pretty good at assembling, but not creating. Kudos to all the home (and professional) engineers on the forum. It's fun to read what you come up with.
You’re possibly mistakenly assuming that ( in my case anyway) the fabrications are worthy of your applause!😁
Steve

AtomicMagpye

• Scooter
Reply #34 on: September 23, 2020, 09:11:24 am
Mine are actually tiny, have something like an m5 shank diameter which was a problem with the OEM location. They’re the smallest legal ones available, about the size of your middle finger end joint, yet still very bright. They’ll only sit about 35-40 mm proud of the bracket. Yours look great BTW.👍

These were the much smaller shank also - they were cheap and on as a stop gap while I have a think about what I want on there longer term - pic of the rear attached....
Hampshire UK.

"So it goes"

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: September 23, 2020, 09:33:01 am
These were the much smaller shank also - they were cheap and on as a stop gap while I have a think about what I want on there longer term - pic of the rear attached....
Yep-like em!

MG

• Scooter
Reply #36 on: September 23, 2020, 11:09:48 am
Hi all,
I am considering fitting some chrome and brass retro indicators. And would like to know the stem thread size (save me undoing one of them to check)
Cheers from Perth
Mark
MG

wildlifemoto

• Scooter
Reply #37 on: September 23, 2020, 11:18:37 am
Concidering the original Interceptor didn't have indicators, I think the most authentic "look" is to hide them away compleatly. I used the Motogadget Mblaze pins mounted to the triple on the front and behind the plate on the rear. They are really bright when active (E-marked and approved for road use), but virtually invisible when off.
youtube.com/wildlifemoto

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #38 on: September 23, 2020, 11:26:20 am
Concidering the original Interceptor didn't have indicators, I think the most authentic "look" is to hide them away compleatly. I used the Motogadget Mblaze pins mounted to the triple on the front and behind the plate on the rear. They are really bright when active (E-marked and approved for road use), but virtually invisible when off.
Good find.
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: September 23, 2020, 05:21:04 pm
Agreed. My fronts similar to the Mblaze pins sizewise ,the less visible the better. I’ve fitted my front and rears with extended wiring with OEM loom plugs, all sheathed with black heatshrink, just gotta put em on. Apart from the rear bracket fabrication of course. Still a work in progress. Gotta decide whether to paint it black or original silver. Decisions decisions ...
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 05:32:26 pm by Starpeve »

MG

• Scooter
Reply #40 on: September 23, 2020, 11:40:41 pm
Anyone know the Indicator stem thread size on the Conti or Int 650’s
Cheers Mark
MG

AndyinNZ

• Scooter
Reply #41 on: September 24, 2020, 06:09:59 am
Anyone know the Indicator stem thread size on the Conti or Int 650’s
Cheers Mark
Yes. It is 12mm o/d thread and the nuts are 18mm
250 Crusader Sports
700 Constellation
HD Springer Softail
MK3 Interceptor

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: September 24, 2020, 06:28:16 am
Yes. It is 12mm o/d thread and the nuts are 18mm
Thanks from me as well 👍

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: September 24, 2020, 07:17:01 am
Agreed. My fronts similar to the Mblaze pins sizewise ,the less visible the better. I’ve fitted my front and rears with extended wiring with OEM loom plugs, all sheathed with black heatshrink, just gotta put em on. Apart from the rear bracket fabrication of course. Still a work in progress. Gotta decide whether to paint it black or original silver. Decisions decisions ...
This rear bracket fabrication is becoming quite the PITA.

MG

• Scooter
Reply #44 on: September 24, 2020, 09:07:09 am
Cheers AndyinNX
MG

AndyinNZ

• Scooter
Reply #45 on: September 24, 2020, 10:27:20 am
250 Crusader Sports
700 Constellation
HD Springer Softail
MK3 Interceptor

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #46 on: September 24, 2020, 10:44:42 am
NZ not NX :-)
You’ve got a Constellation??
If you don’t mind me asking, and feel free not to respond, what’s it valued at?

mwmosser

• Illegitimi non carborundum
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Austin, TX, USA
Reply #47 on: September 24, 2020, 02:16:09 pm

Uh oh. Stick with it, I'm sure it will be fantastic. Can't wait to see the result.
2019 Interceptor 650 Mark Three

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #48 on: September 24, 2020, 03:11:10 pm

Curious, what is the stumbling point?

AndyinNZ

• Scooter
Reply #49 on: September 24, 2020, 11:18:26 pm
You’ve got a Constellation??
If you don’t mind me asking, and feel free not to respond, what’s it valued at?
I had a Connie back in 1971, not now
250 Crusader Sports
700 Constellation
HD Springer Softail
MK3 Interceptor

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #50 on: September 25, 2020, 03:03:49 am
Curious, what is the stumbling point?
Coming up with something to
A- satisfy my re-locational desires
B- be up to the visual standard of the bike.
Plus, I’ve got every woodworking tool known to man, but very little metal fabrication equipment.
I’ve had a few ideas come to mind using PVC( yes I know how terrible that sounds), just got to ruminate a little longer and see what my latent imagination conjures up for me! I use the bike constantly so I don’t want to strip and refit the tail section repeatedly.

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #51 on: September 25, 2020, 06:00:34 am
Coming up with something to
A- satisfy my re-locational desires
B- be up to the visual standard of the bike.
Plus, I’ve got every woodworking tool known to man, but very little metal fabrication equipment.
I’ve had a few ideas come to mind using PVC( yes I know how terrible that sounds), just got to ruminate a little longer and see what my latent imagination conjures up for me! I use the bike constantly so I don’t want to strip and refit the tail section repeatedly.
Hmmm, I bet you are familiar with how hugely strong a laminated beam is in a building.
Thin epoxy/wood lamination would laugh at the weight and vibration a turn signal could generate. And if you don't want it to look like wood _ paint it black or gold with one last coat of epoxy on it.

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #52 on: September 25, 2020, 09:05:36 am
Hmmm, I bet you are familiar with how hugely strong a laminated beam is in a building.
Thin epoxy/wood lamination would laugh at the weight and vibration a turn signal could generate. And if you don't want it to look like wood _ paint it black or gold with one last coat of epoxy on it.
That’s a strangely enticing idea....

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #53 on: September 25, 2020, 10:57:47 am
That’s a strangely enticing idea....
And actually more appealing upon contemplation. Laminate timber forming is endlessly applicable to so many things. Or in lieu of timber , fibre, glass, carbon fibre, etc. hadn’t thought down that road yet.
Make a papier-mâché former, and cast off it.

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #54 on: September 25, 2020, 05:09:30 pm
And actually more appealing upon contemplation. Laminate timber forming is endlessly applicable to so many things. Or in lieu of timber , fibre, glass, carbon fibre, etc. hadn’t thought down that road yet.
Make a papier-mâché former, and cast off it.
Take a peek at carbon firer / foam construction. That is where you take fancy styrofoam (one brand name is Divinycell but there are many). Boats and airplanes often use balsa wood as the lam-core.
Cut, layer, sand, shape and capture the layers with CF and epoxy. . Once you capture all six sides of a piece it is forever. I'd skip the paper-machez.

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #55 on: September 26, 2020, 06:48:48 am
Take a peek at carbon firer / foam construction. That is where you take fancy styrofoam (one brand name is Divinycell but there are many). Boats and airplanes often use balsa wood as the lam-core.
Cut, layer, sand, shape and capture the layers with CF and epoxy. . Once you capture all six sides of a piece it is forever. I'd skip the paper-machez.
Just did the loom check and all is A-okay with functions. And in doing so I’ve realised that as usual I’ve dramatically over-thought the whole bracketing thing.
It’s going to be relatively simple to just make a simple plate bracket to fix the cluster, number plate and guard, and the lack of fanciness is actually more in keeping with the minimalist ethos I’m trying to maintain with everything I do to this girl.👍👍👍
Thank Ganeesh, it was driving me nuts.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #56 on: September 28, 2020, 09:55:53 pm
I removed the cast lump and used the brackets the factory put there. I cut some L brackets from aluminum for the signals, mounted using the grab rail bolts.

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #57 on: September 28, 2020, 11:34:00 pm
I removed the cast lump and used the brackets the factory put there. I cut some L brackets from aluminum for the signals, mounted using the grab rail bolts.

Very trim and authentic. Good job.

Curious, did you get yet another set of exhausts?

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #58 on: September 29, 2020, 10:51:34 am
Looks good! I’ve actually got a different smaller cluster, my intentions were to mount it higher, hence the dilemma. As I said, I’ve rethought it, meaning now to mount it similarly to yours.👍
Not a classic look, I know, but I’ll give it a try. If I don’t like it I’ll try again!

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #59 on: September 30, 2020, 04:09:12 am
My short flyscreen arrived last night, I intend to mount my micro front indicators on it’s brackets. Can anyone tell the shank diameter on the stock units?

AndyinNZ

• Scooter
Reply #60 on: September 30, 2020, 04:39:32 am
My short flyscreen arrived last night, I intend to mount my micro front indicators on it’s brackets. Can anyone tell the shank diameter on the stock units?
Gotta short memory mate...I told you in Post 43 :-)
250 Crusader Sports
700 Constellation
HD Springer Softail
MK3 Interceptor

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #61 on: September 30, 2020, 05:57:54 am
Gotta short memory mate...I told you in Post 43 :-)
So you did👍. Not a short memory, cobber- NO memory! I’m about 25 minutes away from Altzheimer’s most of the time. But I’ll remember a conversation or lyric from 40 years ago- go figure.😁

ATXConti650

• Piltdowne Mann - Old Fart - New Bike
  • Bulleteer
Reply #62 on: October 01, 2020, 06:25:52 pm
I found a connector kit on Fleabay to loom my new taillight assembly and front indicators quite cheap.

I bought some wiring plugs similar to these but destroyed several of them before giving up. Run the wires through the plastic plugs before crimping metal parts onto the wires? Or, crimp metal parts onto the wires then try to shove wires into the plastic plugs? I tried both and failed at both.
2019 Continental GT 650 Black Magic, 1979 Kreidler M19, 1953 Kreidler K50, 2013 Suzuki Savage 650 Single Cylinder Thumper

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #63 on: October 02, 2020, 05:38:13 am
I bought some wiring plugs similar to these but destroyed several of them before giving up. Run the wires through the plastic plugs before crimping metal parts onto the wires? Or, crimp metal parts onto the wires then try to shove wires into the plastic plugs? I tried both and failed at both.
Best way is to twist the ends and solder them before you attempt the crimp. Also , start the fold on the pins with a thumbnail
First

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #64 on: October 11, 2020, 05:59:08 am
FINALLY got the opportunity to fit my micro leds on the front, used the flyscreen brackets as mount points, very happy with the results.
Still have stock ones on back, relay is coping with the mix. I have, however, discarded the rear cluster I meant to use, no way of fitting it that didn’t look shithouse. I’m planning on keeping the original rear housing, removing and blanking off the OEM blinkers, and bracketing matching micros to the grab rail mounts.

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #65 on: November 05, 2020, 06:31:50 am
Betweenmuch buggerising around and a week off necessitated by my little boy Weimaraner tearing his eyelid, a very expensive exercise, I got t
a stuff aroundwith my GT, and finally came to a decision about fitment . Here you are....
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 06:38:45 am by Starpeve »

Hoiho

• Dead horse beater
  • Grand Gearhead
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #66 on: November 05, 2020, 10:46:00 am
Nice job, looks smashing. Are you liking the Grip Puppies? Don't slip on the OEM grips?

Starpeve

• Starpeve
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #67 on: November 05, 2020, 08:37:28 pm
Nice job, looks smashing. Are you liking the Grip Puppies? Don't slip on the OEM grips?
Thanks. Yep love the Grip Puppies, no slipping at all.