Author Topic: Wanted - Shotgun 650 keychain  (Read 353 times)

AzKev

• Grease Monkey
  • Arizona, USA
on: May 17, 2024, 06:54:50 pm
I attended a demo event here in AZ last month and failed to grab one of the free schwag items they were giving out, which was a metal Shotgun 650 keychain. I've been looking all over online, can't find them anywhere, and am kicking myself in the butt for not grabbing one.
Anyone out there attend a demo event and grab one they don't want? Or maybe know where I could get one? Kills me to think I probably have to pay for one now, but I consider it a lesson learned - hopefully lol.

Thanks all!
Keepin' the shiny side up - ride safe everyone 😊👍

Leofric

• Grand Gearhead
  • UK
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2024, 11:49:41 pm
Metal key chain - Paint scratcher !

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #2 on: June 05, 2024, 04:15:00 pm
Leofric - Arizona has so much airborne sand & grit it routinely pits paint, chrome & windshield glass. A plastic windscreen gets simultaneously sand blasted & eaten by sunlight. The grit bouncing up off the road etches thru exhaust chrome & case anodizing. Whilst all that's happening, the sunlight and high air temps are turning any exposed plastic to grey crystallized potato chips and the rubber to glorified cobwebs. Tires weather check in 2-3 years. The front edge of the hood of most old cars is clean metal. One continuous source of amusement is when the automotive "new guys" take off that (now crunchy) front end protecting naugahyde "bra" they bought from JC Whitney and discover the dust and motion below the fabric has sanded their lovely new car "protected" paint down to bare metal already. Tank bags suffer a similar fate.

"Pretty" is mostly reserved for garage queens. Actively ridden bikes will show lots of environmental battle scars, comes with the turf. There's a reason Krylon & Rustoleum sales are brisk in the Copper State. :o ;D
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

AzKev

• Grease Monkey
  • Arizona, USA
Reply #3 on: June 10, 2024, 11:53:13 pm
Metal key chain - Paint scratcher !

Oh yes, totally. I wouldn't use it for my motorcycle for that very reason, don't want to scratch the headset clamp with its pretty RE branding. I want to use it for my truck keys lol.
Keepin' the shiny side up - ride safe everyone 😊👍