Author Topic: ScooterBob & GHG's C-5 Cafe Racer project  (Read 158746 times)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #450 on: November 17, 2016, 02:51:33 pm
That's the big secret you've been sitting on this whole time?  Guess I expected more.  Rainbows, unicorns, somethin'.  I know the science is there but part of me wants it to look cooler.  Maybe I've just been drooling over Mazda's new race car too much lately.  That thing looks amazing!

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #451 on: November 17, 2016, 11:05:19 pm
That's the big secret you've been sitting on this whole time?  Guess I expected more.  Rainbows, unicorns, somethin'.  I know the science is there but part of me wants it to look cooler.  Maybe I've just been drooling over Mazda's new race car too much lately.  That thing looks amazing!

Hahaha !  Well... what else would you expect from us Scott ?  Simple, easy and use what you already got and make it better. Like pretty much everything else we did ?   Under a hundred bucks for an easy bolt on part , that add's a few ft lbs and hp, more efficient burn and etc. Without doing anything else to a completely stock bike ?  Like I said I was impressed, especially after doing all that we have done and knowing how hard it can be to make HP on these bikes.   Now... stick in a stupid piece of metal in the intake and you just picked up three feckin' HP ?!  Come on man that ain't fair !  Hahahaha!     And plus... not so much of a secret, but we wanted to make sure the damn thing works first !   On the road over time , not just on the Dyno.   Pete was doing his smoke tube testing , with different shapes , designs ,  with single and multiple shapes to suit the Enfield intake and such.... try it out and see how you do and etc.   I KNEW a couple years ago that the first design worked.... but  Pete's pretty meticulous and wanted to nail down the shape(s) that performed the best for the Enfield.  And rightly so I might add.   He has used these in other applications... Cars, Bike's, Carts Racers, both on the road and racing.  I hear tell of some intake's that have these installed deep inside and away from the prying eye's of track inspectors  ;).   So anyways, this particular one is not a one size fits all for any type of bike... it was designed and tested specifically for the  UCE Enfield with EFI. 

I see what you mean ! That RT24-P IS a pretty sick looking Car......

An thaibhsí atá rattling ag an doras agus tá sé an diabhal sa chathaoir.

gremlin

• Grand Gearhead
  • "Do one thing each day that scares you"
Reply #452 on: November 21, 2016, 03:31:13 am
Youse guyse do good.
1996 Trophy 1200
2009 Hyosung GV250
2011 RE B5

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #453 on: November 21, 2016, 06:53:02 pm
Youse guyse do good.

Yeah, us guys do ah-ight  ?   Youse ain't too bad yourselves now !.... YOU betcha !   Hehehehe  ;)

Ducati Scotty

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2010 Teal C5
Reply #454 on: November 22, 2016, 03:01:24 am
Heading back to NY to visit my mom in a few weeks, nice preview of what I'll be hearing ;)

finbullet

• Scooter
Reply #455 on: November 22, 2016, 07:14:40 am
Those finns look just like the ones in a keihin air striker carbs.
This one is a modified version, that horizontal plate in the middle is an add on.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 07:44:06 am by finbullet »

gashousegorilla

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #456 on: November 23, 2016, 03:43:26 am
Heading back to NY to visit my mom in a few weeks, nice preview of what I'll be hearing ;)

What you MAY NOT be hearing on THAT side of the river, is a whole lot of the "er" sound.   Hahaha !  But the vernacular will be similar.  ;)

Those finns look just like the ones in a keihin air striker carbs.
This one is a modified version, that horizontal plate in the middle is an add on.

Pretty damn cool .   That carb is off of a quad, correct ?

finbullet

• Scooter
Reply #457 on: November 23, 2016, 10:00:04 am
I think it is from a motocross bike, the picture is from a thumpertalk dirtbike forum.